Dynadot

poll If I could only use one registrar for the next 12 months it would be?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

If you could use only one registrar for the next 12 months, which would it be?

• 12th (tie)

Domain.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

DirectNic

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Dotster

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Namepal

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Network Solutions

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

ResellerClub

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

HiChina

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Hostinger

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

HostPapa

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Hover

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Ionos

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Joker.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

101Domain

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Gandi

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Public Domain Registry

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Onamae

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Register.it

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Moniker

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Register.com

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
It seems some want this to compare and contrast, so I will oblige.

If you could only pick one registrar and that was who you had to register and keep your domains at for one full year (this is a hypothetical, no one lose their mind please) For 2021 that would be?

No employees, Votes are public.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My number one priority is to keep my investments safe.

NameCheap has great security. For example whenever someone tries to log into your account you will get an email with their IP address telling you about the unsuccessful login attempts and also when you login you can see the last login in your dashboard too, so you are sure nobody else was in your account. Secondly they have pretty good prices with coupon deals, thirdly their service is amazing, the team is very responsive/professional and have always helped me with anything and lastly their platform is very easy to work with and navigate through with fast transfers.

I used to have most of my premium names at GoDaddy, but after the legal hostage incident with Brent Oxley I don't want that happening to my names, but I still like and use them. Only the prices are getting higher.

Dynadot I also like because their good prices for hand regs etc.

So my greatest assets I trust NameCheap with, until proven wrong.

Last edited:
•••
There are 3 registrar polls running simultaneously:

1) Your Favorite Registrar of the year 2021 (3 choices) (votes private)
2) If I could only use one registrar for the next 12 months it would be? (1 choice) (votes public) *Current Thread/Poll
3) What Is The Worst Registrar of 2021 (1 choice) (votes private)

This is a great idea to have all 3 polls running at the same time, because we can now truly compare and make a better analyses.

PS I've added these polls together and posted this on all three threads so we can find them easier.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
By order of importance.

Security
Ease of use
Customer service
Price (I dont do cheap discount registrations, 90% of my domains are not hand regs)

Godaddy.

Security. I guess if you do nothing wrong, you have nothing to be scared of as for losing domains.
Ease of use. Satisfied.
Customer service. Satisfied.
Price. good with discount club. Although I wish there was no discount club to pay for. Not because of the price but because no one else has such practice.

Their goal might also be to keep a category of domainers out of GD (250$ a year is steep).

Also searching for whois and finding the domain at GD makes me think the owner is reliable and responsive lol

(Imagine finding the domain at alibaba cloud, or worst, epik :xf.grin::xf.grin:).

•••
By order of importance.

Security
Ease of use
Customer service
Price (I dont do cheap discount registrations, 90% of my domains are not hand regs)

Godaddy.

Security. I guess if you do nothing wrong, you have nothing to be scared of as for losing domains.
Ease of use. Satisfied.
Customer service. Satisfied.
Price. good with discount club. Although I wish there was no discount club to pay for. Not because of the price but because no one else has such practice.

Their goal might also be to keep a category of domainers out of GD (250$ a year is steep).

Also searching for whois and finding the domain at GD makes me think the owner is reliable and responsive lol

(Imagine finding the domain at alibaba cloud, or worst, epik :xf.grin::xf.grin:).

There should also be a poll this year about what the most important factors of choosing a registrar are, but also considering the "weight" of each factor. Tagging @equity78 @Derek Peterson

Last edited:
•••
There should also be a poll this year about what the most important factors of choosing a registrar are, but also considering the "weight" of each factor. Tagging @equity78 @Derek Peterson
Most will be going for price. Domainers love discounts, we already know the answer.

Also too many polls kill polls.
Best registrars (3)
Best registrar (1)

Optionally
Worst registrar (1).

That should be enough.

•••
I have a consistent relationship with NameCheap and Dynadot. I like them both equally, so I'd likely do an "Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe" to pick one

•••
How do we know that the employees are not voting?

•••

Can't really do much about that. At least people that leave a brief comment can be counted

•••
•••

This was already explained here:

Screenshot_20211025-154753_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot is on another level. In 13 years never had a problem, support has always been great.
Name.com used to be at the same level but then they got acquired and their quality level dropped drammatically

•••
In the title (use) & then in the opening post (to register & keep at), anyway I voted GoDaddy because of all the closeout gems that end up there, & so i'll be comfortable using them for the next year.

But if I were to handregister, (I don't often do that), I guess it'd be Dynadot.

imo

Last edited:
•••
that's why I'm not so active lately
namepros is not a place to get recommendations from
no more
no to me

upload_2021-10-25_17-17-30.png

•••
Last edited:
•••
I like Namecheap or Dynadot for different reasons but to each their own.

•••
•••
There should be an option called Other.

•••
For anyone wondering, I mainly use Namecheap

•••
If I had to choose then Namecheap. Their support has never let me down and it's live support at that.

They have an overall great ecosystem for small projects as well with their hosting options, logo makers etc.

The only thing I'm not a fan of, is that they don't support automatic renewals of Let's Encrypt SSL's, but that's more on the hosting side rather than domain side.

•••
Namesilo 11 votes.
Sav 12 votes.
Porkbun 13 votes.
Godaddy 16 votes.
Epik 16 votes.
Namecheap 18 votes.
155 voters.

Its literally more interesting than the other 3 choice thread which has 656 voters.

Title should be changed to attract more voters.
Sounds more of a debate than a poll, its unclear.

Poll: Best Single Registrar in the Business.

•••
I voted Dynadot as I did in the other thread..........

Personally think it is ridiculous we need 3 polls, but the masses have spoken so hey ho.......go with the flow.

•••
•••
Back