IT.COM

poll If I could only use one registrar for the next 12 months it would be?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

If you could use only one registrar for the next 12 months, which would it be?

• 12th (tie)

Domain.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

DirectNic

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Dotster

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Namepal

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Network Solutions

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

ResellerClub

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

HiChina

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Hostinger

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

HostPapa

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Hover

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Ionos

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Joker.com

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

101Domain

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Gandi

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Public Domain Registry

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Onamae

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Register.it

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Moniker

votes
    0.0%
  • 12th (tie)

Register.com

votes
    0.0%

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
It seems some want this to compare and contrast, so I will oblige.

If you could only pick one registrar and that was who you had to register and keep your domains at for one full year (this is a hypothetical, no one lose their mind please) For 2021 that would be?

No employees, Votes are public.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, which one of these truly adhere to the "may" part of ICANN's 60-day lock GUIDELINES, not rules, by not enforcing those locks? If there's any like that with $9-$10 max .coms, then that will be the one registrar for the whole year. If not, then NONE.

Dynadot is your Registrar. They are like a breath of fresh air in this industry. They don't enforce transfer locks for any of Verisign (.com etc) or Donuts domains. The 2 main Registries who don't enforce transfer locks in this industry. I can transfer a .com domain to Dynadot and transfer it out again immediately the same day. Should I have a need to do so. Like I've sold the domain :) Now ask your Registrar if they can do that. If not. They are not following the rules of the Registry (Verisign or Donuts). Which trumps ICANN's 60 day lock GUIDELINES.

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot is on another level. In 13 years never had a problem, support has always been great.
Name.com used to be at the same level but then they got acquired and their quality level dropped drammatically

•••
My number one priority is to keep my investments safe.

NameCheap has great security. For example whenever someone tries to log into your account you will get an email with their IP address telling you about the unsuccessful login attempts and also when you login you can see the last login in your dashboard too, so you are sure nobody else was in your account. Secondly they have pretty good prices with coupon deals, thirdly their service is amazing, the team is very responsive/professional and have always helped me with anything and lastly their platform is very easy to work with and navigate through with fast transfers.

I used to have most of my premium names at GoDaddy, but after the legal hostage incident with Brent Oxley I don't want that happening to my names, but I still like and use them. Only the prices are getting higher.

Dynadot I also like because their good prices for hand regs etc.

So my greatest assets I trust NameCheap with, until proven wrong.

Last edited:
•••
There are 3 registrar polls running simultaneously:

1) Your Favorite Registrar of the year 2021 (3 choices) (votes private)
2) If I could only use one registrar for the next 12 months it would be? (1 choice) (votes public) *Current Thread/Poll
3) What Is The Worst Registrar of 2021 (1 choice) (votes private)

This is a great idea to have all 3 polls running at the same time, because we can now truly compare and make a better analyses.

PS I've added these polls together and posted this on all three threads so we can find them easier.

Last edited:
•••
nobody in his/her right mind would choose Epik as the only registrar
if there were no other options to choose from
as an alternative registrar for the next 12 month

people still voting for epik here

for that exact reason
I find this poll ridiculously
and unfortunately, that makes namepros
a mediocre source of information
for newbies
and experience domainers

whom are you going to fool?

Last edited:
•••
Registrar polls are confusing, because people not only rate the registrar function. They also rate aftermarket features, web hosting, and other things.

•••
•••
I like Namecheap or Dynadot for different reasons but to each their own.

•••

for that exact reason
for newbies
and experience domainers

Frank no disrespect but this is one of the biggest problems in the world today, people can't disagree, they have to go to the point of, "If I don't believe it's true or right, no one can believe it's true or right."

Epik certainly has members here that they are their #1, maybe not who you or I or the majority voted for, but they certainly have supporters.

Secondly this thread is public, members like Haroon and Brad are real members not trolls here, Internext has been here 16 years. It's not a reflection on Namepros people are allowed to vote for who they want to vote for.

I voted for GoDaddy, why because if I could only use one, for many non domainers GoDaddy = Domain names. They are the only registrar I have had end user and repeat buyers get cocky with me telling me the name must be at GoDaddy before they will pay. Brokering a name once to a repeat client, I said I don't know if he will transfer it to GoDaddy and then push, you can just transfer it out. Her reply, "Your client needs our money more than we need their name, transfer it and push or tell them to get lost!!!"

@Bravo Mod Team I did not see any mention of changing the title name if I wanted it. If you want to do that, it's cool with me.

One reason why not as many votes, a lot of members don't like their votes to be public, since this started I had 3 texts voted in the first poll can't in the second, I don't do public voting it's no one's business. Now to those who love the public polls I am sure that is incredulous and unbelievable and a sin against God and Man. But people don't all agree on just about anything, I would agree there are some thing we wish we would all agree on like anti hate, or bigotry or pedophilia but something as pedestrian as domain forum polls it's going to be all over the place.

•••
Yep. I asked them specifically. The immediacy is only if the lock is turned on or off. And a domain is ready to go. You don't even need support. You can turn the lock off/on yourself from within the control panel, IIRC, from trying it :) For me it was automatically turned off (no blocking). I imagine that is the default option.

Last edited:
•••
How do we know that the employees are not voting?

•••
that's why I'm not so active lately
namepros is not a place to get recommendations from
no more
no to me

upload_2021-10-25_17-17-30.png

•••
There should be an option called Other.

•••

for that exact reason
for newbies
and experience domainers

Indeed.
As of now, no one would ever choose them as their only registrar.

They in for solidarity, let them be. Fanbase is loyal but limited.

This thread is not getting enough votes, title should be changed to something like
2021 best single registrar.
Current title sounds more like a debate than an actual best registrar poll.
Mod @Bravo Mod Team said it can be done if thread starter wants it.
Problem is thread starter is the one that intellectually engineered this fancy thread, to start with.

But wtv.
Results are interesting, and theres time to go.

•••
•••
•••
•••
By order of importance.

Security
Ease of use
Customer service
Price (I dont do cheap discount registrations, 90% of my domains are not hand regs)

Godaddy.

Security. I guess if you do nothing wrong, you have nothing to be scared of as for losing domains.
Ease of use. Satisfied.
Customer service. Satisfied.
Price. good with discount club. Although I wish there was no discount club to pay for. Not because of the price but because no one else has such practice.

Their goal might also be to keep a category of domainers out of GD (250$ a year is steep).

Also searching for whois and finding the domain at GD makes me think the owner is reliable and responsive lol

(Imagine finding the domain at alibaba cloud, or worst, epik :xf.grin::xf.grin:).

There should also be a poll this year about what the most important factors of choosing a registrar are, but also considering the "weight" of each factor. Tagging @equity78 @Derek Peterson

Last edited:
•••
There should also be a poll this year about what the most important factors of choosing a registrar are, but also considering the "weight" of each factor. Tagging @equity78 @Derek Peterson
Most will be going for price. Domainers love discounts, we already know the answer.

Also too many polls kill polls.
Best registrars (3)
Best registrar (1)

Optionally
Worst registrar (1).

That should be enough.

•••
Last edited:
•••
"If I don't believe it's true or right, no one can believe it's true or right."

I absolutely agree
thank you for mentioning it.

I wasn't aware who voted for Epik
was expecting Epik spam again

still no idea, why someone would choose epik before any other registar

•••
No employees, Votes are public.

At a quick cursory glance, it appears that at last one Epik staff member is not following that rule.

Brad

•••
It is not quite as easy when you are dealing with lesser known registrars that end users have likely never heard of. Brad

I understand that to a large extent. I only sell thru my own website which all sales goes thru Escrow.com so the buyer can decide where they want the domain to reside, or Afternic, where my domains gain exposure by being listed at GoDaddy too. Afternic/GoDaddy are asleep at the wheel. I sold 1 domain recently on Fast Transfer, It was removed from my account on day 1. It took 7-8 days before they got paid (I suppose) and another 6-7 days before I got paid. So I think this Fast Transfer BS. Is mostly just that. How they handle their backend is a mystery with the domain being taken out on day 1 and being paid 14 days later. That's not Fast Transfer for the seller, at least.

I have never come across anybody crying to me about a domain must be at GoDaddy. Because the sales processes take care of that. IMHO. But I don't have many domains which are not priced. That IS a double edged sword. But I just don't have the patience to continually be dealing with low-ballers, domainers or non-domainers.

•••
At a quick cursory glance, it appears that at last one Epik staff member is not following that rule.

Brad
And one Godaddy staff member too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back