Dynadot

Afternic and GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello NP members!
Tell me please, is Afternic and GoDaddy the same platform for selling domains.

I mean, if I place my domains to GoDaddy, will they be shown on Afternic? and vice versa?

There are some access problems to Afternic from Russia. But with GD it's OK.

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I mean, if I place my domains to GoDaddy, will they be shown on Afternic? and vice versa?

I can not answer you with 100% accuracy but in my case, names I have listed at afternic will show at daddy. Since they have become integrated, I do not take the time to list at daddy.

The customer service at afternic has gotten much better in the last several weeks...if you have trouble with listing with them, try sending a detailed message and maybe they can assist (in case you have not done so already)

•••
•••
OK, thank you.
But if names listed (only) at GD, will they be shown at afternic?

In my case, it only works the other way (Afternic listing show up on GD).

•••
I sent email to auctions.godaddy get the afternic answer

•••
I think that should be possible. GoDaddy owns Afternic, right?

•••
OK, thank you.
But if names listed (only) at GD, will they be shown at afternic?

I'm not sure...sorry. Perhaps the afternic rep will let us know...my experience is similar to @CraigD above.

•••
If you listen to Afternic, you are on GoDaddy automatically. However, I don't think it works the other way around. So, to be on Afternic, you have to go through Afternic.
Indeed their customer service has become so much better recently, they reply the same day (something unheardable 3 months ago).

•••
Godaddy owns Afternic.

You wouldnt know that, since even after they introduced “minor” GD logos on afternic, after a lot of complaints by customers who thought trust would go up, if “Godaddy” more apparent, but have mostly kept 2 separate most my life.

transfer time is also long, even if sold afternic
no advantage if name on Godaddy sold there, so if you have a “big sale” patience for transfer

@Joe Styler i believe, head of GD aftermarket. Can quicker if have sale GD DN on afternic
You own afternic, which many, still dont know.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
You need to list on Afternic, and it will show on GoDaddy as well, but not the other way around.

Last edited:
•••
Install and use Tor browser and problem solved. It's free.
I use BRowsec VPN to access Afternic. But anyway it's strange. I wrote about it in the tread where reply GD and Aft support. Nothing changed.

•••
I use BRowsec VPN to access Afternic. But anyway it's strange. I wrote about it in the tread where reply GD and Aft support. Nothing changed.
Did you read my post at all?
Download, install and use Tor Browser. It's free.
You don't need any VPN.

•••
Did you read my post at all?

Did you?

I do not need Tor functionality. I only need access to Afternic. VPN is good for it.

•••
You need to list on Afternic, and it will show on GoDaddy as well, but not the other way around.
It doesn't work for "non - GoDaddy Domains", isn't it?

•••
It doesn't work for "non - GoDaddy Domains", isn't it?

Sure it works. It works for any domain regardless of registrar.

•••
I choose Afternic , or you might use both platforms at the same time.

•••
That is very weird, i listed on both and I noticed that the ones I listed on godaddy (listed there AFTER i listed on afternic), some of them disappeared from the selling list and I couldnt figure out why XD

That is good to know.

•••
Since when is Afternic price increased on Godaddy premium search results?
Other registrars show exact Afternic price.

•••
Since when is Afternic price increased on Godaddy premium search results?
Other registrars show exact Afternic price.

Since... forever?

It always has been like that, but it doesn't apply on all domains for some reason.

Edit: Not all registrar show the same price. Some add very large markup on the domain.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. I've never noticed that before on GD results. Every domain I check now shows different price.
Yes you're right, some registrars/services also show increased price.

•••
Back