IT.COM

A question about parking

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kinguard

Established Member
Impact
So lets say i'm willing to list my recently bought on namesilo domain to 4 services (sedo, flippa, afternic, godaddy), to which of them will my site be connected in terms of parking, and how does parking work exactly? Do i park my site (domain) to all four, or just the first one? Because when i first listed my domain on sedo, before any other services, my site which used to be completely emtpy, started looking like any other selling domains (when i access it), so how does it all work?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

you can "list" with many places and not park with them

but when you "park" your domains, then the domains' nameservers, have to be set to that respective parking services' nameservers.

ie: if you park at sedo, then nameservers need to ne set to > ns1.sedoparking.com ns2.sedoparking.com

keep in mind, that all marketplaces do not pay ppc, which is the fundamental rationale for parking one's domain names.

use the search feature to find other threads relating to parking, if you want to know more.

imo...

•••
Hi

you can "list" with many places and not park with them

but when you "park" your domains, then the domains' nameservers, have to be set to that respective parking services' nameservers.

ie: if you park at sedo, then nameservers need to ne set to > ns1.sedoparking.com ns2.sedoparking.com

keep in mind, that all marketplaces do not pay ppc, which is the fundamental rationale for parking one's domain names.

use the search feature to find other threads relating to parking, if you want to know more.

imo...

"ie: if you park at sedo, then nameservers need to be set to > ns1.sedoparking.com ns2.sedoparking.com"
1) Do i manually set them like that when i'm trying to park my site with sedo, or does sedo do that by themselves?
2) So if there's no third party services like sedo mentioned in dns settings of my domain, does it mean that my site is not parked at all? (i am sure its parked by namesilo itself (where i bought the domain), cuz i see their logo and links to their site on my site which is parked, although i didnt tell them to park it, and it became like that right when i tried listing it for sale on one of the sites.
3) How to find out by whom was my site parked?
I'm still very confused...

Last edited:
•••
if you have not changed the nameservers, then yes, namesilo with use your domain and capture any visitors/and earnings due.

you will get nada from that.

yes, you have to manually change nameservers. sedo does not have access to your account at namesilo to change it for you. only you and namesilo have access to your account

google 'how to change nameservers at namesilo'

imo...

•••
if you have not changed the nameservers, then yes, namesilo with use your domain and capture any visitors/and earnings due.

you will get nada from that.

yes, you have to manually change nameservers. sedo does not have access to your account at namesilo to change it for you. only you and namesilo have access to your account

google 'how to change nameservers at namesilo'

imo...
oh, so like recently bought domains need to have an actual site going, with changed dns settings (for hosting), otherwise namesilo will host their stuff on my site, since i'm not using hosting.. Got it, thanks

•••
Thank you for the creators of the posts in this forum, all posts are very useful for me, and thank you once again for the beautiful and good posting creators.

•••
Back