Dynadot

I was so amped and now, the silence...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Futurewizard

Established Member
Impact
So, I own about 300 or so domains. I've made a thorough Google Sheet which pulls in data using APIs and other sources. (If anybody wants the list, I can provide a basic CSV/TXT file)

Some of them are great and are appraised quite higher than my BIN/floor prices. I made the mistake of grabbing 75 or so .net addresses.

Either way, they are all just sitting on Sedo/Flippa/Dan/TPP with plenty of offer views and hits, and no offers. I've lowered my prices. my .net addresses are pretty much a blanket 25-35$ floor with a 75-150$ BIN.

I know this takes a while, but I feel like I'm missing something. I've paid for Flippa auctions but I haven't paid for any other services yet. I've considered a broker, but I would likely need a XX,XXX - XXX,XXX domain to make it worth their time.

My questions (feel free to answer just 1 or 2)
  • Leave them parked on Sedo's Full Landing? (rather than Ads, Sales Crush, etc)

• Sedo is my favorite backend, but is Dan/Voodoo/Etc better for visibility? I'm counting mostly on 'walk in' or 'type in' traffic

• I've started creating landing pages for a few of these. This is a lot of effort (even with Google Domains' free sites). Is the effort worth it? Would 'MowCheap.com' be more likely to sell on a page with relevant ads, a landing, or is Sedo Parking enough? (ok that was like 2 questions, sorry)

• If I have a 300 budget to spend with... 3-5 domains... Where would that money best be spent? I'm considering DNAcademy as I really love his style of business.

• Am I stuck walking up hill until I make some outbound/cold call/emails? Are there templates/scripts?

I want to keep my expectations realistic and I realize this is not a quick process - it requires patience. I'm ready to spend extra money, but I budget to buy about 300 domains (which I did). I'd say 60% of them are below appraisal and just need to be noticed.

Thanks so much, and I'm reading several guides (and I bought a Udemy course). So, apologies if my questions overlap other threads.

Thanks for your time and happy hump day! Here's a peaceful otter if you took the time to read all of this! If not, enjoy it anyways!

iu

P.S. here's a random sampling of 5 urls, nothing special - just 5
  1. Immersives.co.uk (Immersive art/parks/museums are getting big - see MeowWolf.com)
  2. FurZap.com
  3. 2me4.com (decent backlinks, lots of parking traffic)
  4. FitATX.com (Austin Texas - common abbrev)
  5. 4tel.net (lots of backlinks)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As you have given an example of QuickFit. Fit in QuickFit is also a trademarked word. Wouldn't that pose a problem while selling Quickfit domain.
Thanks.

Trademarks are complicated so you would have to talk to a trademark attorney for a more accurate answer but it's my understanding that a common word can't be trademarked if it directly describes the product or service you're looking to sell. So the word FIT can't be trademarked by itself in the fitness category just like how you can't trademark APPLE to sell apples (the fruit).

However, you can trademark the word FIT for a product or service outside the fitness category just like how APPLE is trademarked by a tech company. I think the existing trademarks you see for FIT are all outside the fitness category. The ones in the fitness category are design marks so they only protect the drawing/logo, not the word itself.

Going back to our example, that entire phrase QuickFit is already trademarked so it would definitely make it harder to sell that name. But businesses can still trademark the same name as long as they're offering a product or service in a different category. So multiple trademarks can co-exist for QuickFit for example (one company could use the name to sell gym equipment, another company could use it to sell clothing, another could use it to offer a dating service, etc, etc). Point being.. even though an existing trademark will devalue a name, if the name's good enough to use in multiple categories, it could still be worth the investment.

One other thing brandables are the exception as far as type in traffic. If it could work as a brand name but isn't a real word.

That's a good point but be careful not to generalize because the definition of a "brandable" is blurry. I think you're referring to names like Google and Verizon that don't contain any dictionary words. But there are plenty of keyword based names that can be brandable too like Apple, Facebook, Blue Origin, Red Bull, Taco Bell, etc which can bring type-in traffic. :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back