Dynadot

I set an Afternic BIN / Floor at 3000 / 2500 after domain sells the BIN / Floor show as 2700 / 2500

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
So I am taking this one step at a time as far as investigation, and not pointing any fingers until I have all the facts in, but about a week ago I got an Afternic price inquiry on a domain and set the BIN at 3000, with a floor at 2500. The reason I know this, is that I also emailed my broker at the same time and told him that I was about to set the domain at these prices.

The domain just sold for 2700, which is fine - it is above my floor, but when I look now the BIN is set at 2700 with the floor of 2500:

iy7Er9wl.jpg

This is still visible in my Portfolio Dashboard because the domain has not yet transferred over.

I then started to think...well maybe I am imagining things, and I did set it at BIN 2700, but I emailed the broker and he eventually wrote back and said that, "It appears as though you did indeed set the asking price at $3,000 USD with a floor price of $2,500 USD."

I wrote back asking why this happened, still waiting on this response.

Come to think of it, there are times in the past when I feel like something like this has happened before, but I wasn't sure so I never said anything.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well if sold at 2700 then maybe they changed bin so buyer can buy easily

•••
Okay so the answer given, which I somewhat suspected and I have no problem with, is that it was adjusted after the sale, after payment had cleared. Had nothing to do with the buyer.

"Often our brokers will need to temporarily adjust the buy now price to sync discounted rates across our reseller network. In this case we manually had to adjust the pricing on our end once the payment for ___________.com cleared our verification check to complete the sale. That being said, you did indeed have you BIN set at $3000 prior to the adjustment."

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back