Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

opinion I quit domaining

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Bongs100

Established Member
Impact
40
Domaining is almost the same as playing lotto. I quit.

Year started domaining: 2016
Number of domains registered: about 40
Total spent on domains: +- $300
Number of domains sold: 1 (in 2017)
Total amount made in 2 years: $400
Profit: $100
 
9
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Domaining is almost the same as playing lotto. I quit.

Year started domaining: 2016
Number of domains registered: about 40
Total spent on domains: +- $300
Number of domains sold: 1 (in 2017)
Total amount made in 2 years: $400
Profit: $100

You are right.
I will do the same thing.
I have nice 2 word domains like "CoffeeBrunch.com" and I cannot sell them even for $150.
After you look at Namebio or DNjournal and you realize that domains like yours or less nice than yours are selling for over $5K.
It's always the same thing.
The domainers with a name like Schwartz, Chilling, Mann and others are selling domains with big prices even shit names..
And you you cannot sell EMD domains.
Example:
I don' t manage to sell "CryptoTechnicians.com" for $300 .
These domainers will be able to sell It for over $10k !!!!!!!
It's a big scam.
I am fed up with all this SHIT.
I am gonna to quit this shit business...

NOTE: I began in 2007 (over 10 years) and I lost over $30,000 !!!!!
 
Last edited:
2
•••
Domaining is almost the same as playing lotto. I quit.

Year started domaining: 2016
Number of domains registered: about 40
Total spent on domains: +- $300
Number of domains sold: 1 (in 2017)
Total amount made in 2 years: $400
Profit: $100
Year started domaining: begin of 2010
Number of domains registered: arround 3000-3500
Number of domains sold: multiple but my first sale was in 2014 after 4 years i started (2010) but this was for me a motivation do not give up & probably not give up many years from now even if i make a small or big sale & personal i am on plus investment vs. profit
Domaining is not as playing lotto . On lottery only lose money
Maybe you reconsider your decision
 
Last edited:
2
•••
You are right.
I will do the same thing.
I have nice 2 word domains like "CoffeeBrunch.com" and I cannot sell them even for $150.
After you look at Namebio or DNjournal and you realize that domains like yours or less nice than yours are selling for over $5K.
It's always the same thing.
The domainers with a name like Schwartz, Chilling, Mann and others are selling domains with big prices even sh*t names..
And you you cannot sell EMD domains.
Example:
I don' t manage to sell "CryptoTechnicians.com" for $300 .
These domainers will be able to sell It for over $10k !!!!!!!
It's a big scam.
I am fed up with all this sh*t.
I am gonna to quit this sh*t business...

NOTE: I began in 2007 (over 10 years) and I lost over $30,000 !!!!!
You're joking, right?
 
1
•••
You're joking, right?

NO I am VERY serious.
I am fed up with all that.

If you want "CoffeeBrunch.com" and "CryptoTechnicians.com" they are yours for $450 ($150 + $300).
Registrar GoDaddy
Free Push Transfer OK
Payment Paypal.

Kind Regards.

Philippe
 
0
•••
NO I am VERY serious.
I am fed up with all that.

If you want "CoffeeBrunch.com" and "CryptoTechnicians.com" they are yours for $450 ($150 + $300).
Registrar GoDaddy
Free Push Transfer OK
Payment Paypal.

Kind Regards.

Philippe
10 years of domaining, and CoffeBrunch.com is the best you can do? I wouldn't pay $10 for it.

And yes, I'm no rockstar myself, but I'm not giving up.
 
Last edited:
3
•••
NO I am VERY serious.
I am fed up with all that.

If you want "CoffeeBrunch.com" and "CryptoTechnicians.com" they are yours for $450 ($150 + $300).
Registrar GoDaddy
Free Push Transfer OK
Payment Paypal.

Kind Regards.

Philippe

Not the thread to be advertising your names.
 
2
•••
My 2 cents of opinion, learn as much as you can, find a strategy that works for you, find a niche that works for you and make as much sales as you can don't try to sell domains for x,xxx$ and xx,xxx$ (at least for now).

Then when you're profitable and have some source of regular income with domains start buying domains for higher price and better quality then hand reg.
 
1
•••
NOTE: I began in 2007 (over 10 years) and I lost over $30,000 !!!!!
Then you are doing it wrong.
If you've been losing money for that long, you should have quit a long time ago, or adjusted yourself.

Perhaps you fell in love with your domain names (another trap). And you are comparing yourself to domainers who have big portfolios, so statistically they of course tend to make more sales. But those sales are not representative at all. Doesn't mean they could consistently sell bad domains.

Do you think they sell all their domains for big bucks ? Seriously. No, they only sell a very tiny percentage of their inventory on a yearly basis. Maybe 98% remains unsold and has to be renewed (expensive) or dropped (loss).

Again, if you are not making sales, it's your fault only.
 
8
•••
You are right.
I will do the same thing.
I have nice 2 word domains like "CoffeeBrunch.com" and I cannot sell them even for $150.
After you look at Namebio or DNjournal and you realize that domains like yours or less nice than yours are selling for over $5K.
It's always the same thing.
The domainers with a name like Schwartz, Chilling, Mann and others are selling domains with big prices even sh*t names..
And you you cannot sell EMD domains.
Example:
I don' t manage to sell "CryptoTechnicians.com" for $300 .
These domainers will be able to sell It for over $10k !!!!!!!
It's a big scam.
I am fed up with all this sh*t.
I am gonna to quit this sh*t business...

NOTE: I began in 2007 (over 10 years) and I lost over $30,000 !!!!!
Well, can you imagine any business that would want to name themselves Coffee Brunch or Crypto Technicians? I can imagine literally zero. Sorry.
 
2
•••
If you can quitting is the best choice. I tried but I couldn't
 
1
•••
I don't blame you; .tv put me in cc debt for 6 years registering premium Tuvalu domains from the drop at whatever Verisign chose as a reprice.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
You can't leave out the currently sorry state of the resell market out of this conversation.
Lousy market, lousy sales.
 
1
•••
when you have (or through domaining have made), > $ tens of thousands, you don't hand register domains, you are discerning and it becomes about buying bonafide domain name assets - not domain name speculative fluff.

Quality is expensive. Quality is not guaranteed to sell for end user prices. Quality > Quantity.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
1
•••
2
•••
0
•••
Then you are doing it wrong.
If you've been losing money for that long, you should have quit a long time ago, or adjusted yourself.

Perhaps you fell in love with your domain names (another trap). And you are comparing yourself to domainers who have big portfolios, so statistically they of course tend to make more sales. But those sales are not representative at all. Doesn't mean they could consistently sell bad domains.

Do you think they sell all their domains for big bucks ? Seriously. No, they only sell a very tiny percentage of their inventory on a yearly basis. Maybe 98% remains unsold and has to be renewed (expensive) or dropped (loss).

Again, if you are not making sales, it's your fault only.

I have to say you're also right.
At the beginning I bought domains very hard to sell.
I did not know the market.
Now I have a big portfolio with valuable domains.
So maybe I will try again during 1 year.
If It does not work again I will give up.
Thank you so much for your comment.
Kind Regards.
Philippe
 
0
•••
Well, can you imagine any business that would want to name themselves Coffee Brunch or Crypto Technicians? I can imagine literally zero. Sorry.

You're right for these 2 domains.
But I have EMD domains (2 word .com) which are exact listed categories on AMAZON and I don' t manage to sell them...
So ?????
 
0
•••
Can you list some of your domain names?


Domaining is almost the same as playing lotto. I quit.

Year started domaining: 2016
Number of domains registered: about 40
Total spent on domains: +- $300
Number of domains sold: 1 (in 2017)
Total amount made in 2 years: $400
Profit: $100
 
0
•••
You're right for these 2 domains.
But I have EMD domains (2 word .com) which are exact listed categories on AMAZON and I don' t manage to sell them...
So ?????
This is different. From my experience, Amazon sellers wouldn't buy their category domains neither inbound nor outbound. I don't know why. Whenever i have time and budget, i develop such domains myself. You can sell profitable sites for much much more than domains.
 
1
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back