Dynadot

I need a domain negotiator . Please help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ro5hit

NameZeal.comTop Member
Impact
Hey guys ,

I have reached to few end user for a domain and I got the following response from a buyer :

"Thank you for your email.

How much are you asking for the domain? We are thinking somewhere around USD 50, since the domain comes without any traffic and we would have to do all the work."

Domain has retail value in low 5 figures (10K-15K) - 2 word .com have a great meaning.

Buyer is a startup entrepreneur however no significant funding is made to that startup.

What can be the best response for it.

You can PM me if you don't find comfortable posting here.

Thanks

PS : Spoiled a few deals while negotiating. Don't want to make more mistakes

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

where did you get the retail value from?

if that's the amount you want, then you won't get it.... unless you ask for it.

Good Luck!

imo.....

•••
•••
Tell him even though the domain name has no traffic it has resell value because it is a meaningful .com and the end user will gain more substance and prestige in the eyes of his potential clients because of it. Point him to similar domain name sales, and give him your 10-15K price if you honestly think it is worth that much. He will probably say no. Outreach seldom results in 10-15K sales.

•••
All I do is educate the buyer. Why is the value 5k according to you? Show him similar sales. Let him know that you are willing to sit on it (not in those exact words) for years to come because the value is increasing year after year. Let him know it's an investment / best marketing tool.

How does he know it gets no traffic? I think a domain of that value should get decent traffic. Let him know it does get traffic which will help him develop "leads". Boy, end users love that word.

Best of luck!

•••
Let them know your expected price range, kindly thank the person for their time, and tell them to contact you if they change their mind.

I wouldn't bother showing them comps or trying to educate them, but that's just me. People that will spend $10-15K on a domain name will not need convincing that domain names can be valuable assets.

If they do understand this and are a serious buyer, they'll write back with a different tune.

•••
I checked your website Namezeal.com (Domain Brokerage) and find something is not right. Some of the names listed on your website is owned by Abdul Basit (seasoned domain investor) and David Kelly (was on the Domain Sherpa interview giving tips on how to contact endusers)

I find it really hard to believe that these people will be listing some of their premium domains on your site for brokerage. Of coure, I may be completely wrong and they did list their names on your site for brokerage. If that is the case, then I apologize for questioning your integrity. However, if that is not the case, then it is unethical and extremely unprofessional to list the names of others on your site without their consent.

•••
I checked your website Namezeal.com (Domain Brokerage) and find something is not right. Some of the names listed on your website is owned by Abdul Basit (seasoned domain investor) and David Kelly (was on the Domain Sherpa interview giving tips on how to contact endusers)

I find it really hard to believe that these people will be listing some of their premium domains on your site for brokerage. Of coure, I may be completely wrong and they did list their names on your site for brokerage. If that is the case, then I apologize for questioning your integrity. However, if that is not the case, then it is unethical and extremely unprofessional to list the names of others on your site without their consent.

Ruh Ro.

•••

I have taken names from them to showcase on my website. You can ask them if you want to. If would be great if you can suggest me something of what I have asked rather than posting anything else

•••
Hi

where did you get the retail value from?

if that's the amount you want, then you won't get it.... unless you ask for it.

Good Luck!

imo.....

Tell him even though the domain name has no traffic it has resell value because it is a meaningful .com and the end user will gain more substance and prestige in the eyes of his potential clients because of it. Point him to similar domain name sales, and give him your 10-15K price if you honestly think it is worth that much. He will probably say no. Outreach seldom results in 10-15K sales.

All I do is educate the buyer. Why is the value 5k according to you? Show him similar sales. Let him know that you are willing to sit on it (not in those exact words) for years to come because the value is increasing year after year. Let him know it's an investment / best marketing tool.

How does he know it gets no traffic? I think a domain of that value should get decent traffic. Let him know it does get traffic which will help him develop "leads". Boy, end users love that word.

Best of luck!

Let them know your expected price range, kindly thank the person for their time, and tell them to contact you if they change their mind.

I wouldn't bother showing them comps or trying to educate them, but that's just me. People that will spend $10-15K on a domain name will not need convincing that domain names can be valuable assets.

If they do understand this and are a serious buyer, they'll write back with a different tune.

Thank you all.

Last edited:
•••
There is a word for what you're doing.

That word is FRAUD.

I remember when someone pulled this a few years ago, and "sold" one of my domains. Patty Similian (or whatever name she uses now) just got out of prison a few months ago.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back