IT.COM

advice I made a rash decision while exploring domain sales and now I'm not sure what to do.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PortLeend

Impact
So basically I recently learned of the domain market. I was looking into it, reading a few things, and just skimming auctions to understand the market. I saw an auction that was ending soon, was at a price that seemed decent, and seemed like a decent domain. So probably against my better judgement I jumped and bought my first domain before knowing what I'm doing. Basically, I became the owner of lesbiansmeet.com for a price of $70 after all the fees and whatnot. Now, I have no idea what to do. Should I flip it? Can I flip it? Is it worth anything or am I just overestimating what sells and has value? Is it worth it to sit on it and hope for the best?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well, it would be a better story if you purchased lesbiansmeat but I not sure I would know what to do with either one other than try to sell it for more than I paid for it.

•••
Site price.org has this to say on the adult checker
Website marked as not safe on opendns.com

How old is this domain? I wouldn't know what to do as I don't buy adult domains

•••
Hmmm.. it might have some appeal in the Lesbian dating niche

Not a great name but not bad for your first purchase, pricewise...no idea what you could get ....

Your best bet would be to list on the marketplaces (sedo/afternic/undeveloped) and see what offers you get..

Here are some past sales for similar domains:
https://namebio.com/?s==kjN5cDO5ITM

Last edited:
•••
look and see if someone owns gaysmeet.com or other similars and see if they want the name. Take any offer. Good Luck

•••
Find gay women with the surname smeet and tell them it would make a nice email address.

Seriously, this might be an inexpensive lesson on how auctions and domain selling work - others have spent thousands to get to where you are now.

Last edited:
•••
Put a free hosted tube site on it, and see if it earns some money. List it for sale on a few of the adult sales sites - on NamePros for example.

•••
Lots of people gravitate towards adult names when they start domaining because a lot of internet traffic is adult related. It's a mistake.

•••
I used to do quite well with adult names. I don't think you should buy them to resell, but you should buy for income. That assumes you have got a good hosting deal that allows adult sites. One problem with adult names is that they are blocked on most public WiFi and some cell systems.

•••
I didn't even think about it being an adult domain. When I read "Lesbians Meet" I was thinking more about dating websites and whatnot.

•••
There are some white label dating sites, but I don't know if they make any money.

•••
doubts will kill your domain investment, be %100 confident when taking steps, or just don't :)

•••
I didn't even think about it being an adult domain. When I read "Lesbians Meet" I was thinking more about dating websites and whatnot.
Promote it as a competition perhaps, something that becomes an annual event like a track meet?

•••
Try to sell it on GFY, that is the biggest adult webmaster forum.

•••
You are putting the cart before the horse. Why buy a domain if you don't even know how it could be used ? There are millions of domains for sale, it's not like you don't have a choice.

•••
be %100 confident when taking steps

Yahbut quite a few noobs do this and end up with names like kumquatkke.co thinking it's worth loads!!!

•••
Yahbut quite a few noobs do this and end up with names like kumquatkke.co thinking it's worth loads!!!

sell ice to an eskimo, sell stones to an jewelry maker, if you are really a sell man you will find market to your x product, sometimes it may not be easy and it my taking time, but every man trash is another man treasure thats the rule and domaining is no exception :)

•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back