Domain Empire

I lost $5805usd through PayPal scam by Shane Bellone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

12no3

VIP Member
Impact
Many of my friend suggested me to post this on namepros so others will less likely to be scamed by shane.

So on 2016-09-26 and 2016-09-27 he bought 374 cvcv.in names and 471 cvcv.in names all together 845 .in names together. (these are random cvcv.in)
together he paid me on paypal 5805 usd.

I pushed the domain to him, then everything is fine. the deal was made through whatsapp chat.
deal closed.
then I saw him selling them on .in markect group, flipped some for higher price.

until 27the decenmber when i log in to my paypal to make another purchase, i see paypal refunded 5805 back to him, then i look up my email, i saw paypal disput which i completed missed.
buyer claim reason: NOT AS DESCRIBED! (this is after he sold and transfer out some of those)

I did not know paypal had this 3 months rules where buyer can claim the money back, and becuase i do not log on paypal so often and get xxx amount of emails every days, so i missed the window that i could have argued with paypal. but well lesson learned.

Some infomation of shane so other can avoid being scamed by him
http://this_username_was_banned.com/
http://www.domainsherpa.com/shane-bellone-itmagazine-interview/
http://tldinvestors.com/2016/05/shane-bellone-saying-goodbye-to-domaining.html
http://omarandwill.com/interview-with-the-expert-volume-2-featuring-shane-bellone/
https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/10154332611129273
https://www.linkedin.com/in/this_username_was_banned

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned

good news is after I provided all the evidence to the registrar, the registrar moved the remaining (ones he did not sold or transfer out) to my account, so at least i got something back.

Becuareful when using paypal,and becuareful when you trade any domain that was processed by shane.

During the process of getting the unsold domains by shane, I had great help from .in whatsapp group, so special thx who provide information and also special thx to shiva , kemji, alexa and indy who tried to contact shane for me, but he went dark, not picking his cell phone, does not respond back on whatsapp nor linkedin.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 1,028
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 395
  • 3.png
    3.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 356
  • 微信截图_20161228201831.png
    微信截图_20161228201831.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 363
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
TBH, that makes the domaining industry bad, not Shane. Kinda makes everyone look shady. I mean when the BBC guy turned out to be pedo, major news stations didn't 404 their past interviews.

But here, the most reputable domaining groups are sweeping Shane under the rug and unprofessionally wiping him from history. Seems pretty low.

I disagree. I don't think anyone should promote a scammer and this is what these articles were doing if left up. I feel the admins of these sites are right to take them down once they found out the truth. Remove any promotion of Shane Bellone anywhere.

Perhaps what they should all do instead is write articles promoting awareness of Shane Bellone as a scammer. We should all continue this thread to do the same.

Just my opinion.

•••
Hey, if you know people are shill bidding and committing fraud call them out, don't just throw out assumptions, you are only creating ill will for the namepros brand.

Thank you Sir for your assumptions. Not mine. Thank you.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
•••
If you make a decision and realize its the wrong decision and its going to cost you, you take it on the chin and move on, lesson learnt!

Sorry I don't understand this line.

Isn't more appropriate thing to apologise, admit fault, settle with whoever you need to and pay any outstanding dues?

•••
I disagree. I don't think anyone should promote a scammer and this is what these articles were doing if left up. I feel the admins of these sites are right to take them down once they found out the truth. Remove any promotion of Shane Bellone anywhere.

Perhaps what they should all do instead is write articles promoting awareness of Shane Bellone as a scammer. We should all continue this thread to do the same.

Just my opinion.
But that's the thing. It's the fact that they were more like news interviews of actual events. You can't just wipe away someone's accomplishments when they do something horrible.

•••
But that's the thing. It's the fact that they were more like news interviews of actual events. You can't just wipe away someone's accomplishments when they do something horrible.

I disagree. No one is wiping him from history, if you want to learn about S-B's accomplishments go ask him or you use an online caching service. These are not CNN official sites, they all have their own companies, images and reputations to worry about. They all help newbies and veterans alike in promoting OUR industry to all domainers and more importantly to the outside world.

What if a newbie tomorrow, see's an article and approaches S-B and he gets scammed. These companies would have then helped and even endorsed the scamming of that person.

Whereas I see your point, it's definitely better to remove this articles.

Last edited:
•••
They all help newbies and veterans alike in promoting OUR industry to all domainers and more importantly to the outside world.

If you believe that then you are truly naive.

•••
If you believe that then you are truly naive.

Everyone is in it for themselves right? We're all here to make money, but no one should be outright scammed in the process. That's what I believe.

•••
When you read a few of his posts on the site, it didn’t take Einstein to work out what a slimy character he was tbf.

I don’t know why or how he had so many friends on here.

His name is already immortalised on Google for being a weasel, leave it at that, don’t check his Twitter or anything and just forget about the kid.

•••
When you read a few of his posts on the site, it didn’t take Einstein to work out what a slimy character he was tbf.

His name is already immortalised on Google for being a weasel, leave it at that, don’t check his Twitter or anything and just forget about the kid.
You know 6k isn't worth it when irl employers decide not to hire you because of this

•••
Let me channel my inner Sherlock here, here's my take.

Judging by his Twitter account history, listed here from newest to oldest ("Never trust a broker who's also an investor.", "Bought 7.6% for the cvcv.in market for a client last week. Curious to see how this plays out.","Anyone know a registrar that will give me a deal for transferring 900 domains in February?" & ".IN is the next frontier.") i think the following happened:

Shane was thinking he was onto something with the .IN TLD. Many pros expect them to go big/bigger in 2017 and he was obviously thinking of investing. He found a broker/investor who expressed interest in purchasing .IN in bulk, mainly 4L.in which are hottest .in property currently available for relatively cheap. The hypothetical broker/investor offered a solid price, e.g. $20+ per CVCV.in for every domain he can provide. Something along those lines.

He saw what he thought was an excellent opportunity to multiply his investment quickly and this is where the deal with OP comes in. He shelled out the 5K for a LOT of 4L.in domains (he bragged on Twitter about the 7.6% cvcv.in market, obviously proud) expecting a super fast flip.

The broker/investor withdrew his offer / chickened out / was bluffing all along, leaving Shane with a bunch of cvcv.in which are not exactly liquid. He tried to sell them for three months, being able to sell only 42, probably for low figures and most likely in bulk and when he saw that the $5K investment was about to go bust, he used the closing window/timeframe to submit a PayPal dispute and screw over the OP and get his money back over someone else's back.

Shane's general attitude is known around here, and he seems not to lose sleep over these things, but something tells me this one is gonna sting. Reputation is hard to build, but it is super easy to trash. Shane is finished in domaining, me thinks.

I'd just to like to emphasize that I do not personally know Shane B. or OP and this is just an exercise in deduction. Of course, that doesn't mean I didn't get a few things right.

Several of his tweets appear to support your theory.

l9LqwSi.png

Anyway, Shane should make right with the seller- pay the FULL $5.8K and a bit more for the hassles he caused.
I don't think he's capable of doing so. Again, judging by his tweets, IMO.

•••
A crook is a crook, it doesn't matter who you are or what badge/status you have on a forum. If you make a decision and realize its the wrong decision and its going to cost you, you take it on the chin and move on, lesson learnt!

Sorry just re-read what you said and I agree. If you make a transaction you should follow it through. There's no backing out several weeks later. Buyers should do their due diligence beforehand.

Last edited:
•••
Stay way from shane and people defending him.
A New Lession.

But that includes DVP :(

Get out of here with that nonsense.

I'm not the only one on here that was asking for more concrete evidence.

I've said it over and over again this isn't the defense of one person but the vetting of information and accusations on both sides.

There is still no information from the registrar or anything other than hearsay about these 42 domains from either party. I'm sure Shane or OP could produce this for everyone if they cared to, but neither will so the verdict is left to the masses; which has made their decision.

A lot of people hate Shane, fine, but a lot of people are also shocked that this would go on to this extent. Being abrasive to others is one thing, but being accused of the behavior Shane was so outspoken against is another.

It's like Trump talking immigration then blowing a hole in the border wall.

I don't endorse chargebacks outside a reasonable time, nor will I endorse foreign registrars with transfer processes that have "some" success (according to their own rep).

I still think this is just a case of poorly managed business on both ends, but damned if you do and damned if you don't either way.

I very rarely do business with other domainers, instead I end up freely offering up my experience during my domaining venture.

I never shilled, scammed, pumped or dumped, or went back on a payment. There is no need to when you follow the classic domain model. Pattern domaining is rife with this nonsense, which is why I avoid it all together.

The only pattern I like is LLNN, and even then I buy based on meaning and not some kind of arbitrary letter combination, or lack there of.

If somebody did anything like that to me I would break their face, and if I did that to somebody else I would let them break my face.

So if anyone wants to 'stay away' from me, or not do 'business' with me, you go right ahead :).

Last edited:
•••
If somebody did anything like that to me I would break their face, and if I did that to somebody else I would let them break my face.

Violence is certainly no solution.

•••
Violence is certainly no solution.

It's been the solution all throughout history.

My point is this, nobody has ever scammed me and I would never do that to anyone else.

Period.

•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
foreign registrars with transfer processes that have "some" success (according to their own rep).

This reply from rep was twisted. She meant, some domains were transferred. That doesnt mean, remaining ones were not transferrable.

I have been using west and i did not face any problem.

•••
This reply from rep was twisted. She meant, some domains were transferred. That doesnt mean, remaining ones were not transferrable.

That's not accurate.

Here is the actual statement: "Some foreign customers have transferred domains successfully".

It's expected that reps from companies are able to say what they mean. So when a rep says "some" it means "an unspecified amount or number of" and inferrs "not all". It's not a 'twisting' of words, when those are the words.

If I told you some members of NP have just won 1 million dollars, what would you think? (other than the fact I might be a prince from specific country). Wouldn't you want to know which ones?

I would expect a rep of a company to speak plainly, and say what was meant.

Again, not a defense for Shane Bellone but a review of professional expectations of a registry.

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps the rep was not a native English speaker.

Peace,
Cy

•••
West.cn is a Chinese registrar whereas West.xyz is meant to be their English version, I wouldn't expect their staff to have perfect English. I'm not defending that email nor I am agreeing or disagreeing with your point but I am saying, it is a bit unfair to pick apart that person's English. If it was an English registrar, I totally get your point.

Last edited:
•••

Peace,
Cy

West.cn is a Chinese registrar whereas West.xyz is meant to be their English version, I wouldn't expect their staff to have perfect English. I'm not defending that email nor I am agreeing or disagreeing with your point but I am just saying, it's a bit unfair to pick apart that person's English. If it's an English registrar, I totally get your point.

Yep, you are 100% correct.

Last edited:
•••
"Some foreign customers have transferred domains successfully"

Not a native speaker either, but I understood that as:

Not all foreign customers (=some) have transferred out.
Those who did where successful.

But I do acknowledge that it could be read and understood in different ways.

•••
Not a native speaker either, but I understood that as:

Not all foreign customers (=some) have transferred out.
Those who did where successful.

But I do acknowledge that it could be read and understood in different ways.

Also 100%, can be read so many ways indeed!

•••
He didn't have time to respond to any of your comments or concerns but he took to the time a few days ago to hope my house burns down

64942_ae58acbfe4f198c50639dc4c28415d7c.png

Isn't what Mr. Bellone wrote how psychopaths think? The same mental disorder that Adam Dicker has (allegedly)? Scary!

Stay safe, Mr. Cultra! Exercise your Second Amendment rights.

It's been the solution all throughout history.
That doesn't make it right. Learn to be progressive.

Maybe a rich domainer can create a new forum where we have to be vetted just to be a member...
Did you miss my previous post? Give it a like while you're looking at it. ;)

This forum did their job: Mr. Bellone was retroactively vetted. That's just as good, IMO.

Peace,
Cy
I guarantee the rep was not a native English speaker. I've exchanged emails with their support many times, excruciatingly.

You can't just wipe away someone's accomplishments when they do something horrible.
What if a newbie tomorrow, see's an article and approaches S-B and he gets scammed.
You both made superb points! I don't know whom to side with. :xf.confused:

•••
upload_2017-1-20_15-48-32.png

Did S-B prove his point here by issuing a chargeback 3 month later, defrauding someone out of nearly $6K.....?

Last edited:
•••

Well the obvious inference is that he had so many fan boys because they liked the way he did business and wanted to be like him. Plenty of wannabe slime out there.

Checkout the "bypass broker" thread how many people was telling me "its all about the money" ethics has no place in business. I got like 20 people on ignore from that thread.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back