IT.COM

I lost $5805usd through PayPal scam by Shane Bellone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

12no3

VIP Member
Impact
Many of my friend suggested me to post this on namepros so others will less likely to be scamed by shane.

So on 2016-09-26 and 2016-09-27 he bought 374 cvcv.in names and 471 cvcv.in names all together 845 .in names together. (these are random cvcv.in)
together he paid me on paypal 5805 usd.

I pushed the domain to him, then everything is fine. the deal was made through whatsapp chat.
deal closed.
then I saw him selling them on .in markect group, flipped some for higher price.

until 27the decenmber when i log in to my paypal to make another purchase, i see paypal refunded 5805 back to him, then i look up my email, i saw paypal disput which i completed missed.
buyer claim reason: NOT AS DESCRIBED! (this is after he sold and transfer out some of those)

I did not know paypal had this 3 months rules where buyer can claim the money back, and becuase i do not log on paypal so often and get xxx amount of emails every days, so i missed the window that i could have argued with paypal. but well lesson learned.

Some infomation of shane so other can avoid being scamed by him
http://this_username_was_banned.com/
http://www.domainsherpa.com/shane-bellone-itmagazine-interview/
http://tldinvestors.com/2016/05/shane-bellone-saying-goodbye-to-domaining.html
http://omarandwill.com/interview-with-the-expert-volume-2-featuring-shane-bellone/
https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/10154332611129273
https://www.linkedin.com/in/this_username_was_banned

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned

good news is after I provided all the evidence to the registrar, the registrar moved the remaining (ones he did not sold or transfer out) to my account, so at least i got something back.

Becuareful when using paypal,and becuareful when you trade any domain that was processed by shane.

During the process of getting the unsold domains by shane, I had great help from .in whatsapp group, so special thx who provide information and also special thx to shiva , kemji, alexa and indy who tried to contact shane for me, but he went dark, not picking his cell phone, does not respond back on whatsapp nor linkedin.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 990
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 395
  • 3.png
    3.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 微信截图_20161228201831.png
    微信截图_20161228201831.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 362
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
... and yet here you are.

Again, I call B.S.

Elephants don't scurry at the sneezes of ants, yet here you are a 'millionaire' being frantic over the sum of $5k and exposing yourself as a 'victim'.

No real person of power would ever do this, it makes very little sense.

You've shown me all I need to see. Thanks for the cool story bro.
As I said , I only posted it to make sure others dont get scamed by him. you are welcome to check out every single word I said.

•••
whether its 5K or 5 USD, money is money.

•••

Again, I call B.S.

Elephants don't scurry at the sneezes of ants, yet here you are a 'millionaire' being frantic over the sum of $5k and exposing yourself as a 'victim'.

The OP is well-known domainer and is active member of many .in whats app groups.

•••

Again, I call B.S.

That is no reason to discredit someone.....Based on the information posted by both sides, at this point, it is Shane that has more explaining to do.....I remain for more questions to be answered before passing judgement one way or the other..

•••
God not them free groups outside of namepros. Get what you pay for I guess in this case

•••
Yeah DVP is kinda going at OP hard. That's not like him, at least from what we know from NP chat. Idk what's going on...

we need more evidence from like shane and peeps before we can start throwing insults anywhere.

if I was a millionaire, i'd still care about 5k, especially if it was taken from me via scamming in a deal that I spent time chatting 1 v 1 with.

•••
That is no reason to discredit someone.....Based on the information posted by both sides, at this point, it is Shane that has more explaining to do.....I remain for more questions to be answered before passing judgement one way or the other..

Completely agree with you.

Shane filed dispute because domains could not be transferred out. OP claims Shane transferred 42 domains. Shane has more explaining to do than OP

Last edited:
•••
In regards to money not mattering to a rich person exactly how do I file missing inventory and thousands in cash to my accountant?

Do I label this Pro F-UP or what?

•••
God not them free groups outside of namepros. Get what you pay for I guess in this case

Nowadays .in whats app groups are where the main activity on .in domains takes place. All fellow .in domainers are there. These groups are managed by fellow domainers.

•••
I got lost :(

IF transfer out of the domains is not allowed by the registrar.

How did Mr. Bellone transferred out the 42 domain names?

Where are those 42 domain names right now?

Last edited:
•••
Let me get my boots, getting deep...

•••
Can anyone with domain tools access check whois history for those 42 4l.in domains posted by the OP? Were they owned b yShane and later transferred away from west.xyz?

•••
Shane refuses to come back to NP for some reason so I guess he doesn't care enough about this. If someone was accusing me of being a scammer I would be here in a heart beat.

•••
if I was a millionaire, i'd still care about 5k, especially if it was taken from me via scamming in a deal that I spent time chatting 1 v 1 with.

That makes sense to most people, until you have millions.

Case in point; I knew a guy who had $100k stolen from him and didn't even realize it because he barely noticed the financial discrepancy. He was a banking VP for one of the big banks and made millions every month.

Most people that have millions aren't going to give a single care about a one-off $5k loss, let alone lose face publicly because they misrepresented goods and the mismanaged their eMail and missed a glaring PayPal dispute - it just doesn't add up.

People love sensational nonsense, and they love to hang onto it, but OPs actions and reasoning don't make much sense.

With that said; that ends my POV on this subject. :xf.love::smuggrin:

Last edited:
•••
Shane refuses to come back to NP for some reason so I guess he doesn't care enough about this. If someone was accusing me of being a scammer I would be here in a heart beat.

He wasn't banned that I'm aware of and NP does not close accounts upon request. You just stop posting...

•••
Use Crypto People! its just that simple!

•••
On a lighter note, since many millionaires are watching this thread.....Can someone please fund me a Lamborghini:-P:-P

•••
That makes sense to most people, until you have millions.

Case in point; I knew a guy who had $100k stolen from him and didn't even realize it because he barely noticed the financial discrepancy. He was a banking VP for one of the big banks and made millions every month.

Most people that have millions aren't going to give a single care about a one-off $5k loss, let alone lose face publicly because they misrepresented goods and the mismanaged their eMail and missed a glaring PayPal dispute - it just doesn't add up.

People love sensational nonsense, and they love to hang onto it, but OPs actions and reasoning don't make much sense.
Your going to base innocence on that?....What about the facts?.............Talk about "sensational nonsense"...

•••
He wasn't banned that I'm aware of and NP does not close accounts upon request. You just stop posting...

Doesn't his account show "closed"?

•••
I remember his LAST POST on NP one year back, I also remember his posts few months back. But don't know if his posts will appear again.

Lesson Learnt:. Whether Shane is guilt or not, what we can take is; a lesson.Don't blindly trust VR celebrities for big sum. I always doubted the attitude of Shane to be honest. I think this OP is right.

I say GUILTY (12 angry men ;) )

Last edited:
•••
I've chatted with Shane a few times and he came across as friendly and we had a few intelligent debates. No attempt to sell me anything nor buy from me.

I'm not saying that means he must therefore be innocent, obviously, but nor am I saying 12no3 is lying. The point is, we don't know without facts. Imagine you had a forum thread made about you being shady, anyone can simply be accused of something.

With that said, either way, it's a juicy thread :xf.grin:
Maybe a publicity stunt for Shane's new domain sales? :whistle:

•••
•••
Your going to base innocence on that?....What about the facts?.............Talk about "sensational nonsense"...

You don't just not reply to a PayPal dispute... you don't find that odd? Of course not.

You would rather hang onto the sensational story rather than the fact that this dOPe tried to pull a fast one and got the wrong end of the stick.

I've been here long enough, and know people well enough, to know that around page 9-10 some truth that the OP forgot to leave out will come back and then it will all turn out to be a fiction.

Same old tired song of BS.

and people wonder why members dip out of the forum after seeing these things repeatedly.

•••
So do i get out the popcorn or do we go buy the OP some Pro Lube. lol

Too many PRO puns?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back