IT.COM

I lost $5805usd through PayPal scam by Shane Bellone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

12no3

VIP Member
Impact
Many of my friend suggested me to post this on namepros so others will less likely to be scamed by shane.

So on 2016-09-26 and 2016-09-27 he bought 374 cvcv.in names and 471 cvcv.in names all together 845 .in names together. (these are random cvcv.in)
together he paid me on paypal 5805 usd.

I pushed the domain to him, then everything is fine. the deal was made through whatsapp chat.
deal closed.
then I saw him selling them on .in markect group, flipped some for higher price.

until 27the decenmber when i log in to my paypal to make another purchase, i see paypal refunded 5805 back to him, then i look up my email, i saw paypal disput which i completed missed.
buyer claim reason: NOT AS DESCRIBED! (this is after he sold and transfer out some of those)

I did not know paypal had this 3 months rules where buyer can claim the money back, and becuase i do not log on paypal so often and get xxx amount of emails every days, so i missed the window that i could have argued with paypal. but well lesson learned.

Some infomation of shane so other can avoid being scamed by him
http://this_username_was_banned.com/
http://www.domainsherpa.com/shane-bellone-itmagazine-interview/
http://tldinvestors.com/2016/05/shane-bellone-saying-goodbye-to-domaining.html
http://omarandwill.com/interview-with-the-expert-volume-2-featuring-shane-bellone/
https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/10154332611129273
https://www.linkedin.com/in/this_username_was_banned

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned

good news is after I provided all the evidence to the registrar, the registrar moved the remaining (ones he did not sold or transfer out) to my account, so at least i got something back.

Becuareful when using paypal,and becuareful when you trade any domain that was processed by shane.

During the process of getting the unsold domains by shane, I had great help from .in whatsapp group, so special thx who provide information and also special thx to shiva , kemji, alexa and indy who tried to contact shane for me, but he went dark, not picking his cell phone, does not respond back on whatsapp nor linkedin.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 980
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 393
  • 3.png
    3.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 微信截图_20161228201831.png
    微信截图_20161228201831.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 361
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So per Davids blog, transaction canceled and all domains returned none sold.

Dispute filed because domains could not be transferred out, no reply from the OP.

Who is this register that can't transfer out a domain at all?

Shane had a pro rating here at NP, did he not check this out?

I don't see how a register can't transfer out a domain to another register that supports .in, confused now.
himself transfered out 42 domains already plus many more been sold but not transfered out. regisrar is west.xyz (top1 registrar for newg, have no problem transfering out)

shiva and many .in domainers also transfered domains out from there.

the thing is how he manage to transfer 42 out if he claim he cant transfer out.

•••
Which registrar?
West.xyz (they manage tons of domains and have no trouble transfering .in or anything out)

I did not mention the registrar coz i do not want people think I am promoting them, becuase I own registrar my self too.

•••
himself transfered out 42 domains already plus many more been sold but not transfered out. regisrar is west.xyz (top1 registrar for newg, have no problem transfering out)

shiva and many .in domainers also transfered domains out from there.

the thing is how he manage to transfer 42 out if he claim he cant transfer out.
I am still not passing judgement. At the same time I don't understand how a transfer is not supported, rendering the domains useless. Yet, Shane "approved" a transfer back to the OP?......Doesn't that mean that at some point Shane had control?

•••
I am still not passing judgement. At the same time I don't understand how a transfer is not supported, rendering the domains useless. Yet, Shane "approved" a transfer back to the OP?......Doesn't that mean that at some point Shane had control?
transfer is supported, criminal shanes is lying on everyone face

•••
West.xyz (they manage tons of domains and have no trouble transfering .in or anything out)

I did not mention the registrar coz i do not want people think I am promoting them, becuase I own registrar my self too.

oh I see.. so this is why u were able to recover domains..

no one recovers doamins from any registrar otherwise, just cause they show proof paypal took their sale money away from them.

•••
transfer is supported, criminal shanes is lying on everyone face

Why didn't you respond to the PayPal dispute? After all, you lost the dispute because you didn't respond.

If PayPal couldn't contact you and get an appropriate response, how can you expect anyone else to?

Last edited:
•••
oh I see.. so this is why u were able to recover domains..

no one recovers doamins from any registrar otherwise, just cause they show proof paypal took their sale money away from them.
only recovered part of them which is not transfered away by shane.

•••
Can anyone find one domain from the OP list that has/had Shane's contact info on the whois?

•••
Why didn't you respond to the PayPal dispute? After all, you lost the dispute because you didn't respond.
too many emails, which I missed. afterall there should not have been dispute in the first place. only happend becuase of criminal
shane bellone

•••
only recovered part of them which is not transfered away by shane.

yes I know. but I'm just saying your owner or cowner of westxyz which is why u recovered. others cannot recover in these cases if they show paypal took money away.. true?

•••
so which payment service do you use for smaller amounts?

Cheque, bank transfer, bank wire, Bitcoin, Payoneer, Neteller, Money Bookers, cash if you can arrange a meeting. There are probably a load more if I stop and think about it.

•••
•••
yes I know. but I'm just saying your owner or cowner of westxyz which is why u recovered. others cannot recover in these cases if they show paypal took money away.. true?
I am not owner of west.xyz. I own other registrar

•••
@N-A

Wouldn't be if he sold them.

If someone has a Whoisology account or a similar tool, they can find the old Whois, right?

Can anyone do this?

•••
too many emails, which I missed. afterall there should not have been dispute in the first place. only happend becuase of criminal
shane bellone

Bullshit. That's the poorest excuse that I have ever heard.

Once again, you start picking apart the real questions and the truth starts to unravel.

I get thousands of eMails every day. Every eMail from Escrow or PayPal goes to my most important address and directly to my phone.

You run a registrar but can't match me in eMail orginization.

Once again, bull-shit.

You didn't respond to the PayPal dispute b/c you knew you were dead wrong. You were hoping that it got dropped based on the failed disputes on 'intangible items' clause that PayPal stuck by until a few months ago.

Except this time you lost due to non-response.

We're not all stupid you know.

Last edited:
•••
@N-A You all are ARMY. Don't run from this. The fight is on NamePros turf. Please come here and defend your brother.

•••
I am not owner of west.xyz. I own other registrar

so why did you say you didn't mention west.xyz when I asked which registrar this was, cause you didn't want to promote it?

its not promotion unless you own something.

•••
Bullsh*t. That's the poorest excuse that I have ever heard.

Once again, you start picking apart the real questions and the truth starts to unravel.

I get thousands of eMails every day. Every eMail from Escrow or PayPal goes to my most important address and directly to my phone.

You run a registrar but can't match me in eMail orginization.

Once again, bull-sh*t.

You didn't respond to the PayPal dispute b/c you knew you were dead wrong.

Are ya thinkin this is fake news? I don't know what to think yet, just grilling... :xf.wink:

•••
Are ya thinkin this is fake news?

I'm thinking he got beat at his own game and like all con-men he thinks we're all spineless and stupid and will just eat up the bullshit he is serving.

•••
Things got big. Registrar owner vs Pro Domainer Shane.

so u guys got gluten-free popcorn or...

•••
So you THOUGHT Shane Bellone was shady?

:xf.grin:

•••
Another score for the pro team. Can't imagine why I didn't join it.

•••
so why did you say you didn't mention west.xyz when I asked which registrar this was, cause you didn't want to promote it?

its not promotion unless you own something.
I am cofunder of 190.com. So I did not want to mention any other platforms,and tbh it is kinda embrassing for me to get scamed.
I spend millions of millions usd on domaining.
so no reason for me to make fake news or make quick cash as shane friend blog mentioned. I do not want to draw attention to myself, I am a quiet person, I only posted this to warn people to avoid the bad thing that happened to me

•••
12no3 I have something you can co fund. lol

•••
I do not want to draw attention to myself, I am a quiet person

... and yet here you are.

Again, I call B.S.

Elephants don't scurry at the sneezes of ants, yet here you are a 'millionaire' being frantic over the sum of $5k and exposing yourself as a 'victim'.

No real person of power would ever do this, it makes very little sense.

You've shown me all I need to see. Thanks for the cool story bro.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back