IT.COM

I lost $5805usd through PayPal scam by Shane Bellone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

12no3

VIP Member
Impact
Many of my friend suggested me to post this on namepros so others will less likely to be scamed by shane.

So on 2016-09-26 and 2016-09-27 he bought 374 cvcv.in names and 471 cvcv.in names all together 845 .in names together. (these are random cvcv.in)
together he paid me on paypal 5805 usd.

I pushed the domain to him, then everything is fine. the deal was made through whatsapp chat.
deal closed.
then I saw him selling them on .in markect group, flipped some for higher price.

until 27the decenmber when i log in to my paypal to make another purchase, i see paypal refunded 5805 back to him, then i look up my email, i saw paypal disput which i completed missed.
buyer claim reason: NOT AS DESCRIBED! (this is after he sold and transfer out some of those)

I did not know paypal had this 3 months rules where buyer can claim the money back, and becuase i do not log on paypal so often and get xxx amount of emails every days, so i missed the window that i could have argued with paypal. but well lesson learned.

Some infomation of shane so other can avoid being scamed by him
http://this_username_was_banned.com/
http://www.domainsherpa.com/shane-bellone-itmagazine-interview/
http://tldinvestors.com/2016/05/shane-bellone-saying-goodbye-to-domaining.html
http://omarandwill.com/interview-with-the-expert-volume-2-featuring-shane-bellone/
https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/10154332611129273
https://www.linkedin.com/in/this_username_was_banned

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned

good news is after I provided all the evidence to the registrar, the registrar moved the remaining (ones he did not sold or transfer out) to my account, so at least i got something back.

Becuareful when using paypal,and becuareful when you trade any domain that was processed by shane.

During the process of getting the unsold domains by shane, I had great help from .in whatsapp group, so special thx who provide information and also special thx to shiva , kemji, alexa and indy who tried to contact shane for me, but he went dark, not picking his cell phone, does not respond back on whatsapp nor linkedin.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 990
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 395
  • 3.png
    3.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 微信截图_20161228201831.png
    微信截图_20161228201831.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 362
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
No I been against this label crap and from the beginning and wish it wasnt around cause it instills false confidence which any newbie with a checkbook or pure lucky sale can get in.

PRO members are the financial/famous leaders of the domain industry. VIPs are important/leading contributors of the community.

I think you are generalizing by bringing in the "PRO" aspect into the argument here, it has nothing to do with it, its about somebody being dishonest or shady..I see a lot more shady and scamming threads by regular members on here.

At the moment, we have only heard one side and people are passing judgement. People need to slow down and wait to see if you hear anything from Shane himself before making any decisions. I don't see any screenshots or proof of the dealings so its all just assumptions at the moment. I hope they can resolve the issue though, it doesn't reflect well on the industry.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I hope that was tongue in cheek as those are not real e-mail addresses. That entire post is a spoof/satire post.
where was this mentioned as spoof/satire?

•••
Just because you have met or have done business with Shane doesn't mean that the other person is wrong.

I base my opinion on what the OP has presented and Shanes answer which has been already reported.

The story and 'proof' by OP sounds weaker than a wet paper bag. I didn't even need to hear a response to it, I can read this trite and tell it's garbage.

So I can pass my own judgment based on experience and the evidence I have seen.

•••
where was this mentioned as spoof/satire?

It's not explicitly mentioned. The e-mail addresses indicates this. Almost all e-mail addresses refer to something that each celebrity is (in)famous for. Most obvious being, Kate Middleton - Princessintraining@ or Emma Watson - Books_not_boys (which was the case for her character in Harry Potter).

Additionally, the link url is tabathaleggett/if-celebrities-had-teenage-email-addresses?utm_term=.cdKRewbKej#.rizJkD0Wk8

The "if" in the url is also a dead giveaway

•••
I base my opinion on what the OP has presented and Shanes answer which has been already reported.

The story and 'proof' by OP sounds weaker than a wet paper bag. I didn't even need to hear a response to it, I can read this trite and tell it's garbage.

Well..of course you have your own experience and judgement on this.

But the thing that Shane doesn't answer is how was he able to transfer out 42 domains if this was the only problem for his PayPal dispute.

•••
Shane's answer was posted on...

http://www.this_username_was_banned/shane-bellone-is-not-a-scammer-dont-believe-everything-you-read/

Clearly NamePros management don't consider David Walker a respectable person of the community. That brings his credibility in question. Therefore I how can we believe anything from his blog.

Can either one of them come forward and post here?

P.S. I have nothing against David Walker, just calling as I see it.

Last edited:
•••

Until you hear all the facts no one can be sure, I personally want to hear more from the other side of this.. :xf.wink:

•••
Clearly NamePros management don't consider David Walker a respectable person of the community. That brings his credibility in question.

Go do the research on that, it's actually very backwards.

The gist of what I got from reading fallout threads was that David & Shane had a lot to say about Shane Cultra and sponsorships and representations that were going on.

It seems that the credibility of the forum cam into question, and that was a problem.

Dig through some threads if they still exist.

I've had a pretty good experience here, and none of this would ever happen if I was doing a deal like this, but what I'm seeing is a lot of bandwagon behavior and people making assumptions of credibility when glass houses are abundant.

Everyone can point fingers, yammer, and have a good old fashioned character lynching - it's typical here.

Good night, and good luck.

Last edited:
•••
Go do the research on that, it's actually very backwards.

The gist of what I got from reading fallout threads was that David & Shane had a lot to say about Shane Cultra and sponsorships and representations that were going on.

It seems that the credibility of the forum cam into question, and that was a problem.

Dig through some threads if they still exist.

I've had a pretty good experience here, and none of this would ever happen if I was doing a deal like this, but what I'm seeing is a lot of bandwagon behavior and people making assumptions of credibility when glass houses are abundant.

There have been a lot of questionable threads in the past started by either of them which had nothing to do with Shane Cultra.

I will trust in NamePros decision as they have all the facts and I would be just speculating based on limited information.

•••
@12no3

I have to give full credit to you for having the temperament and tolerance to have actually been fair and given Shane more than 20 days to get back to you before resorting to posting a thread here.

That says a lot about your character mate, so well done for that. I think it's highly commendable.

I'm glad you were able to at least recover some of your domains and that you've also taken this as a valuable lesson.

All the best with your future deals, I'm sure you wont be in a situation like this again.

If you are going to use Paypal again, (for smaller amounts) it's a good idea to send the buyer a Paypal invoice and have them pay on the invoice instead of just sending you a PayPal payment. One the invoice you can clearly state the terms and conditions of the sale. One them should be: This sale is for (domainname.com) and will be pushed from: (Registrar) Account/Username to the following account: (Buyers account details). Once the domain has been pushed and accepted by the seller into the respective account NO CHARGEBACKS / DISPUTES will be permitted or tolerated.

Last edited:
•••
WTF I just missed the OP pictures.

Who the f*ck uses an email like this to do legitimate business?

Show attachment 47379

This should scream scammer to anyone...right? OP what that holy f*ck were you thinking. You should have run a mile when you saw this... :facepalm:

How many people here would use an email address like this in a $6K deal?

I just be interested to know. Maybe I'm the only person thinking WTF when I see an email address like this.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Oppps Sorry my bad.. see my comment below..

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
EDIT:

So I initially complimented the OP for his patience...

But now! - I found this:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Shane...Bellone-Launches-Fish-Stick-Shane-Bel-1304961

The Op says on this thread that his transaction happened on 2016/09

Why is then that ripoffreport complained was posted on 2016/05 and it's the exact word for word copy of what the OP posted here?

Appologies for this post folks.....I had the http://shanebellonesucks.blogspot.co.za/ open at the same time and confused the Op's thread with the the blogspot story then when I saw the same story on ripoff report I though it was the OP's story..

Applogies for this..,

My initial comments about the Op showing sound character for actually having the patience and giving Shane 20 days to respond before resorting to posting a thread here is highly commendable... still stands!.. :)

Last edited:
•••
I don't have to be a hobbyist to have restrictions. You're increasingly getting irrational.

Hey, if you want to use your wifes PayPal because you have restrictions on yours you sound like a hobbyist.

That's just me. I don't have to use anyones PayPal but my own, as irrational as that may be.

Where has he said he's a professional domainer?

You run/founded a registrar... sounds non-amateurish (aka professional) to me friend.

By your statement, Hanlon's razor

You are going to throw Hanlon's razor around yet you don't consider a registrar founder a 'professional' and barely have your own PayPal... come on now. Prioritize.

You're increasingly performing ad-hominem attacks on the OP without even considering human error. And even if you do accept he committed an error, you're not willing to make allowances for that

:dead::dead::dead::dead:

The EXACT quote that you were responding to was this:

I'm 1000% sure that this is a case of OP bungling his affairs, because that's what it smells like.

Sounds like I made an allowance for his human error.

•••
Hey, if you want to use your wifes PayPal because you have restrictions on yours you sound like a hobbyist.
Restrictions are on ALL accounts based in India. Not solely my account

You run/founded a registrar... sounds non-amateurish (aka professional) to me friend.
Running a registrar does not make him a professional domainer/domain investor

You are going to throw Hanlon's razor around yet you don't consider a registrar founder a 'professional' and barely have your own PayPal... come on now. Prioritize.

What? Not sure where you got I don't have my own paypal. Nor am I sure why you're connecting being a professional to being capable of erring.

•••
Seller is always wrong by default in PayPal.
Never forget about that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back