Dynadot

I lost $5805usd through PayPal scam by Shane Bellone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

12no3

VIP Member
Impact
Many of my friend suggested me to post this on namepros so others will less likely to be scamed by shane.

So on 2016-09-26 and 2016-09-27 he bought 374 cvcv.in names and 471 cvcv.in names all together 845 .in names together. (these are random cvcv.in)
together he paid me on paypal 5805 usd.

I pushed the domain to him, then everything is fine. the deal was made through whatsapp chat.
deal closed.
then I saw him selling them on .in markect group, flipped some for higher price.

until 27the decenmber when i log in to my paypal to make another purchase, i see paypal refunded 5805 back to him, then i look up my email, i saw paypal disput which i completed missed.
buyer claim reason: NOT AS DESCRIBED! (this is after he sold and transfer out some of those)

I did not know paypal had this 3 months rules where buyer can claim the money back, and becuase i do not log on paypal so often and get xxx amount of emails every days, so i missed the window that i could have argued with paypal. but well lesson learned.

Some infomation of shane so other can avoid being scamed by him
http://this_username_was_banned.com/
http://www.domainsherpa.com/shane-bellone-itmagazine-interview/
http://tldinvestors.com/2016/05/shane-bellone-saying-goodbye-to-domaining.html
http://omarandwill.com/interview-with-the-expert-volume-2-featuring-shane-bellone/
https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/10154332611129273
https://www.linkedin.com/in/this_username_was_banned

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned

good news is after I provided all the evidence to the registrar, the registrar moved the remaining (ones he did not sold or transfer out) to my account, so at least i got something back.

Becuareful when using paypal,and becuareful when you trade any domain that was processed by shane.

During the process of getting the unsold domains by shane, I had great help from .in whatsapp group, so special thx who provide information and also special thx to shiva , kemji, alexa and indy who tried to contact shane for me, but he went dark, not picking his cell phone, does not respond back on whatsapp nor linkedin.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 985
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 393
  • 3.png
    3.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 微信截图_20161228201831.png
    微信截图_20161228201831.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 361
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ahh so you're a pessimist with a bit of practicality. lol it's like going on a date and expecting Melissa Mccarthy and end up with Angelina Jolie (pre double masectomy) :xf.grin: I get you!

hahaha

I bet one can be much less pessimist having you around :xf.smile:

•••
Thanks for sharing your story @12no3.

I'ts hard to imagine how, three months after the fact, the domains were determined to be "not as described".

•••
•••
Thanks for sharing your story @12no3.

I'ts hard to imagine how, three months after the fact, the domains were determined to be "not as described".

I think you didn't read his post.
the domains were determined to be NAD because he never participated in dispute and lost by default.

cheers

•••
You should have titled it "Is Shane Bellone a Criminal? You Decide"

•••
Shane's account went byebye...how can he respond? Re-open account? Through Eric?

•••
Would like to hear his side but is his account active, thought someone said it wasn't..??

•••
•••
I hear what OP is saying, but I severely doubt the validity of this.

Human beings are EXTREMELY one sided when it comes to presenting their side of the story.

One day someone could post something about one of you, and you should hope that someone takes a second to say a few positive things about you based on your previous merit and rep, without 'waiting to hear more'.

Shane has been against this type of behavior and condemned it strongly from people like Adam Dicker and even when the management of NP may have not been so forthcoming (in his opinion).

So I'm going to strongly doubt the validity of this and not take the same position of others in the peanut gallery who are trying to see who can get the most giggles out of this first.

63124974.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I believe it! I read some bad things about him before. Very spiteful, and not acting friendly...I listened to him.

On another note...use bitcoin! I'm not head over heals for BTC, but it's the safest thing for us domainers...no charge back.

Last edited:
•••
I think you didn't read his post.
the domains were determined to be NAD because he never participated in dispute and lost by default.

What I meant is that it's hard to imagine how Shane could've determined the domains were "not as described".... three months later.

I would want to know: what aspect of the domains was not as described?

•••
Its really an unfortunate incident.

•••
There's a reason why he was asked to leave this forum. Even the mods were sick of his shit. Him scamming people does not surprise me one bit... However, I guess in the spirit of fairness, we need to hear his side of story...

Last edited:
•••
WTF....

I just read the blogspot listing now as well...

This is ludicrous!

•••
Is he a former Army man, as written in his various online profiles?

•••
•••
For that amount of money, trust shouldn't be a factor. Use an escrow service. It's business.

•••
•••
@12no3

Out of 845 domains how many did you recover back from the register?

•••
I understand people have difficulty sometimes, so I actually waited 20 days to post this. and during these 20 days me and some people who also know him tried to contact him, at least give me an explaination.

In the future I will not be using paypal for any amount :)

1: shane has not responded in all possible channels by me or people who helping to me contact him.(for 20 days not responding to anyone anything, but apear to be active on some social media platforms)

2: after purchasing it, he sold and transfered out part of the few hundreds cvcv.in. and he claim to paypal to refund all money he sent.

3: why waited 3months to claim the money, if he is not criminal?

and his namepros account are banned I heard, not a good sign, i wish he have his side of story.
even it is he need urgent money for xmas, or anything.

But this wont stop my domaining passion :)

•••
Have you tried reaching out to the new buyers?
@TheLegendaryJP might be able to help you recover the stolen domains

•••
let's all calm down. Probably won't be as juicy as omar x aimex x stevie. moving on...

•••
•••
Why do people still use PayPal. They've been scamming for years - it took me 3 years to get them off my back because they can't/don't bother to verify accounts properly. Their 6 months confirmation time for payments, and their support for scammers would put me off using them. I won't use Escrow any more now that they support PreyPal. There are loads of payment services out there. If you use PP and lose your money, then you've only got yourself to blame, there are enough warning about them all over the net.

•••
@12no3

Out of 845 domains how many did you recover back from the register?
there are 42 names he transfered out which i did not recover, but many more are sold but not transfered out. at the moment these 803 names are in my account for the time being. but I do believe there are more victim in this event.
Becuase those names he sold but not transfered out is also in my account.

Also worth noticing is when he send 5805 , i got less thant that, because the paypal fees, but when paypal refund the money to him, they took away whole 5805.

So i lost money + domains

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back