IT.COM

status-duplicate I like Rob, But Epik staff have skewed ALL POLLS!!!

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ja Kai

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1) in the german language there is a huge difference between hate and anger
maybe in the english language, it's synonyms, but I doubt it.

2) there is no anger against Rob or Epik
the anger is because of spamming

and yes reporting has been done, too

and look
you are free to ignore me
that should solve your problem

OK. I practice what I preach. That should clean up a lot of the crap on those other threads. Done.

•••
What is this forum turning into,

People are fighting all the time,

Some good members are leaving,

All this negativity (from all sides) is becoming depressing for everyone,

It used to be fun reading the threads here, but now it all is being effected by Politics, and Profits

That's right this is not about hate or anger,

This is about people wanting to protect their profits or the profits of the Registrars that they are somehow aligned with and it's also about people on the opposite Political, Racial, and Religious (or lack thereof) spectrum trying to take advantage of every opportunity to bring each other down.

I was hoping that the idea of being a Domainer would help people surpass all their usual differences, but some people here want to make NamePros a microcosm of the real World with all the fighting that goes on in it and they don't care about the fellowship that exists between Domainers in this close knit community.

Life is too short, stop all the fighting and be nice to your fellow domainers.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
What is this forum turning into,

People are fighting all the time,

Some good members are leaving,

All this negativity (from all sides) is becoming depressing for everyone,

It used to be fun reading the threads here, but now it all is being effected by Politics, and Profits

That's right this is not about hate or anger,

This is about people wanting to protect their profits or the profits of the Registrars that they are somehow aligned with and it's also about people on the opposite Political, Racial, and Religious (or lack thereof) spectrum trying to take advantage of every opportunity to bring each other down.

I was hoping that the idea of being a Domainer would help people surpass all their usual differences, but some people here want to make NamePros a microcosm of the real World with all the fighting that goes on in it and they don't care about the fellowship that exists between Domainers in this close knit community.

Life is too short, stop all the fighting and be nice to your fellow domainers.

IMO
Members come and go. It's a revolving door. Most people here are hobbyist's and get busy at times so their activity drops. New members come along as some leave.

There really isn't anymore fighting than what's happened in the past. The NewG's brought lots of heated exchanges years ago and before that it was something else. It's never been a complete love fest here or in any other public open forums.

Open forums, regardless of subject, brings out all types of personalities and behaviors. Nothing here is out of the ordinary. The mods do a good job and most members here are operating in good faith. All signs point to a great future. Stay positive, smile and enjoy the journey.

•••
Members come and go. It's a revolving door. Most people here are hobbyist's and get busy at times so their activity drops. New members come along as some leave.

There really isn't anymore fighting than what's happened in the past. The NewG's brought lots of heated exchanges years ago and before that it was something else. It's never been a complete love fest here or in any other public open forums.

Open forums, regardless of subject, brings out all types of personalities and behaviors. Nothing here is out of the ordinary. The mods do a good job and most members here are operating in good faith. All signs point to a great future. Stay positive, smile and enjoy the journey.

This. Circle of life.

But this witch hunt for Rob has got to end.

Samer

•••
But this witch hunt for Rob has got to end
I agree. I certainly would like to see it end.

Although, when a business (Epik) is progressing rapidly, innovating and changing the dynamics in an industry the critics will flock. The competition shills will appear. The competition will react. Not all of it will be pretty. We are witnessing the ugly side first hand.

Last edited:
•••
OK. I practice what I preach. That should clean up a lot of the crap on those other threads. Done.

upload_2020-3-8_12-49-47.png

•••
The problem is not Rob, there has never been a problem with Robs posts or how he decided to join this community and help this industry out.

The real problem is NamePros Support system!

keep hiding!

•••
The real problem is NamePros Support system!

keep hiding!
Please read the FAQ: Why are there Mod Team accounts?

Maybe you would like to give a though about creating new rule, which restricts employees of companies voting in polls in case their company is itself within the poll.

Otherwise we might end up with polls which will show more of the "staff enthusiasm" of particular company, then real reflection of average Namepros user's opinion/experience.
It may or may not make sense for it to be allowed depending on the poll.

The best approach is for poll creators to decide the restrictions of their polls, set the votes to public, and then the creators (and other members) can do their own research on poll participants to exclude/deduct anyone violating the terms of the poll from the results.

The extent to which NamePros would assist is by offering new tools and options for polls.

Please share those kinds of suggestions with us for consideration.

•••
Please share those kinds of suggestions with us for consideration.
Please add an option to hide current poll results if the poll is still in progress. Only show the results after the poll is closed. This would very useful:

- indirectly eliminates "voting for the top or well known" participants only, which issue always exists, in any poll of offline elction.

- directly eliminate a lot of mods work who are now required to "police" 2020 poll deleting a lot of irrelevant posts

- Would potentially allow @equity78 to restore "BEST REGISTRAR" poll in 2021 etc. with an explicit requirement for registrar staff members not to participate. And with votes count made public, together with details who voted for whom, but only after the poll is closed. Which is what it should be.

I understand all pressure and possibly that a lot of PMs from registrat representativies might be received by @equity78, so he in the meantime decided to convert it to Favorite registrar poll where all members are allowed to vote.
Favorite registrar poll where emplyess are ollowed to vote, even though sounds good, will have even more illogical results. Seeing how one registrar technically became the 1st (currently at least), other registrars will no doubts send all their employees to register and vote in 2021 etc. Which would kill the whole idea.

The last but not the least, the related poll "should employee votes count" shows a general preference for such a votes to be excluded (or not counted, or not allowed). Which by iself is a very important indication of community preferences...

Last edited:
•••
Please add an option to hide current poll results if the poll is still in progress. Only show the results after the poll is closed.
Thank you for the excellent suggestion!

We've passed it along to the development team.

•••
We need a popcorn eating emoji

•••
Emoji that pukes ...for me. Thanks.
+ wrong thread emoji

Last edited:
•••
•••
+ 'I like Rob' emoji for ryan217 and samer. And maybe couple more users, idk.

•••
Wrong. I love Rob!!

Takes time out busy day deal with this.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Only likes you gonna get from me. Don't get to excited. @Samer @Ryan217
+ 'Epik SPAM' emoji

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back