Dynadot

status-duplicate I like Rob, But Epik staff have skewed ALL POLLS!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ja Kai

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Tell other registrer to employ 100 staffs and skew the polls as well

•••
No one has ever accused Rob of being a dummy. Look at all the free advertising he receives by bringing on all these "NP employees".

•••
Seriously, NP has become a useless barometer. The polls mean NOTHING.

Epik has 35 "employee" accounts on NP. Whenever there is a vote, all 35 undoubtedly vote for Epik.

How about NP not allowing "employees" a vote in polls?

May be other registrar could do some polls, or their threads has evaluated by Moderator .

•••
Seriously, NP has become a useless barometer. The polls mean NOTHING.

Hi

anyone who uses them as a barometer for anything,
prolly are same folks who rely on automated appraisals.

imo...

•••
I really think NamePros is shifting in the wrong direction. Allowing the "not advertising" post and the support staff being hidden, I hope they did it for security reason but this place is just not a community anymore.

•••
Yes, the poll is suspect for obvious reasons.

It also only took 3 posts before we got the predictable self promoting Epik spam in the thread.

Cool poll -- Iwas not expecting it this early in 2020 but here we go.

For the folks who want to try Epik out, we have a $6.99 .COM transfer promo in effect:

https://www.epik.com/transfer

We'll keep that in place for as long as we can afford it. More about that here:

https://twitter.com/robmonster/status/1234968464428802048

If folks will be so kind as to use our SSL landers, escrow and marketplace, we'll not only provide renewals at cost with an endless list of free features, we'll even be able to do transfers below cost!

The results I trust are the ones where people speak with their wallet. Outside NamePros, Epik is a small company with very limited market awareness.

Brad

•••
Here's an idea maybe those votes aren't from employees but from real users who actually use and like Epik such as myself. (y)

•••
Here's an idea maybe those votes aren't from employees but from real users who actually use and like Epik such as myself. (y)
This surely will be the case...

(y)(y)(y)

•••
This surely will be the case...

(y)(y)(y)

Good news we can actually look in and see.

Now if we want to compare an internet poll to democratic elections the candidate and the staff on the committee to elect a candidate have just as much a right to vote as anyone else. But let's look at how many of Epiks 42 votes (currently) actually are staff. Only 11, meaning there are 31 non Epik staff who voted. Which still puts them well ahead of #2 Dynadot with 11 votes (and I didnt check to see if any of those were Dynadot staff :xf.wink:)

But who cares about facts? Right?
20200304_103853.jpg

•••

Now if we want to compare an internet poll to democratic elections the candidate and the staff on the committee to elect a candidate have just as much a right to vote as anyone else. But let's look at how many of Epiks 42 votes (currently) actually are staff. Only 11, meaning there are 31 non Epik staff who voted. Which still puts them well ahead of #2 Dynadot with 11 votes (and I didnt check to see if any of those were Dynadot staff :xf.wink:)

But who cares about facts? Right?Show attachment 146610
Where’s the poll? I have 1 vote going elsewhere.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

Oh, only 11 of them voted ? Then it is ALL perfectly ok, and the world is amazing :) :)

•••
It doesn't matter how many staff they have. Just discount the number of votes made by their reps and you have your answer.

See this post...

•••
My vote went to Name. Although, there are several registrars who don’t play games and operate fairly, across the board. Dynadot is another that stands out.

If would be nice if you could at least have a few options. Maybe 3 options, ideally weighted by 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

I primarily use GoDaddy, but would like to give out votes to others I like as well.

Brad

•••
Oh, only 11 of them voted ? Then it is ALL perfectly ok, and the world is amazing :) :)

It is actually higher than that though. Some on the list are with Epik that he doesn't have highlighted.

Brad

•••
If would be nice if you could at least have a few options. Maybe 3 options, ideally weighted by 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

I primarily use GoDaddy, but would like to give out votes to others I like as well.

Brad
I’m in the same boat.

The bulk of my domains are at Godaddy and my rep is awesome. Then I keep 30 or so with Name and a few others at Dynadot.

•••

Honestly that speaks volumes that the staff are that passionate about their work.

But seriously the OP implied that all (I think its 35) Epik staff voted. Clearly false and misleading. As the cast majority of the votes aren't from Epik staff. And yes even the staff votes matter. You dont see Godaddy with even 11 total staff here they clearly don't care.

•••
It is actually higher than that though. Some on the list are with Epik that he doesn't have highlighted.

Brad

Please do share.

•••
Honestly that speaks volumes that the staff are that passionate about their work.

But seriously the OP implied that all (I think its 35) Epik staff voted. Clearly false and misleading. As the cast majority of the votes aren't from Epik staff. And yes even the staff votes matter. You dont see Godaddy with even 11 total staff here they clearly don't care.
@Ryan217 you need to understand - I personally do not care about Epik, about Rob, they have no significance for me whatsoever. I use services of different companies, who are better choice for me personally, from many many reasons.

When I read Namepros and see results of polls, I assume this is what fellow domain investors are thinking, and I give some gravity to it. I do not want to see poll numbers altered by employees voting - such information has then 0 validity for me, as a Namepros reader.

And you can not expect normal reader to go and start investigating in polls who is employee and who is not...

Your statement that their staff is passionate about their work is nice, but it has nothing to do with the topic.

•••
@Ryan217 you need to understand - I personally do not care about Epik, about Rob, they have no significance for me whatsoever. I use services of different companies, who are better choice for me personally, from many many reasons.

When I read Namepros and see results of polls, I assume this is what fellow domain investors are thinking, and I give some gravity to it. I do not want to see poll numbers altered by employees voting - such information has then 0 validity for me, as a Namepros reader.

And you can not expect normal reader to go and start investigating in polls who is employee and who is not...

Your statement that their staff is passionate about their work is nice, but it has nothing to do with the topic.

I disagree. That does make a difference to me as a user as it results in a better customer experience. I've never had a push get stuck in the system only be be arbitrarily told oh no actually that takes 7-10 business days to complete (true Godaddy experience of mine).

But the point still stand that even irrespective of that the results are not materially affected by those few extra votes anyway.

•••
Please do share.

I don't have the time to go over the entire list, but right off the bat I saw Creative Media.
That is at least one more.

Brad

•••
@Mod Team Echo @Mod Team Alfa @Mod Team Bravo @Mod Team Foxtrot @Eric Lyon @Edward Zeiden

Maybe you would like to give a though about creating new rule, which restricts employees of companies voting in polls in case their company is itself within the poll.

Otherwise we might end up with polls which will show more of the "staff enthusiasm" of particular company, then real reflection of average Namepros user's opinion/experience.

•••
I don't have the time to go over the entire list, but right off the bat I saw Creative Media.
That is at least one more.

Brad

I'm not sure what makes you think they are as they are not listed at https://www.namepros.com/members/?type=reps

And say what you want about Rob but part of the reason there are so many Epik staff here is because he makes sure to identify his staff for transparency.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back