Domain Empire

status-duplicate I like Rob, But Epik staff have skewed ALL POLLS!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ja Kai

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ya like all the people who are upset at how well Epik is doing. Having to create theories of vast internet conspiracies. At least it keeps the rest of us entertained.
Admitting that epik gives 1% of customers an advantage, and the fact that they warehouse domains, and the fact that they don’t honor BO, and the fact that they claim to be in favor of EVERYONE...

That’s the real entertainment, unfortunately.

•••
Admitting that epik gives 1% of customers an advantage, and the fact that they warehouse domains, and the fact that they don’t honor BO, and the fact that they claim to be in favor of EVERYONE...

Wrong keith, anyone make an account free and get the same benefits as us “1%”

We dont need 500 domains to do — definition of godaddy “1%”model benefits or fees like hell

treated the same since day 1 made epik 2017, — Wish is more than i can say for GD club 1%

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Wrong keith, anyone l make an account free and get the same benefits as us “1%”

We dont need 500 domains to do — definition of godaddy “1%”model benefits or fees like hell
No offense but I don’t understand this post of yours.

•••
No offense but I don’t understand this post of yours.

None taken.

you dont understand how it’s hypocritical to argue Epik treats “1%” when Godaddys entire business model is built catering top-1% elites
no discount club fee, u get free privacy too?

All things we enjoy free at epik with 1 domain

Last edited:
•••

We get it you're upset that Epik did the right thing by the real registrant instead of giving you their domain. You've told the story over and over. Grow up.

You remind me of this:

Last edited:
•••
Curious if there's a single Epik employee who didn't vote for Epik :).

I agree with @Ategy . If you don't want employees to vote, just state so.

The only problem I have with this poll is that it holds close to zero value as the outcome is biased by definition.

I voted Namesilo. Runner-up being Dynadot. They don't do drama or BS.

•••
Well as of when I checked only 11 of badged employees did. There is a fair bit more than that many that are badged.

•••
We get it you're upset that Epik did the right thing by the real registrant instead of giving you their domain. You've told the story over and over. Grow up.

You remind me of this:

I’m not upset. The fact that they they cater to 1% of clients, above the other 99%, came from the horses mouth. You can accept how they operate or ignore it. Your choice.

•••
I’m not upset. The fact that they they cater to 1% of clients, above the other 99%, came from the horses mouth. You can accept how they operate or ignore it. Your choice.

I do accept how they operate. You on the other hand seem to feel the need to misrepresent the truth here. It's not some magical 1% like at Godaddy. At Epik that treatment is avalible to literally anybody, as Rob has explained if you need something you just have to ask. No getting told sorry you don't spend enough here for us to care. That is the real reason why Epik has so many votes even from those who do not work for them. They treat their customers right.

•••
I do accept how they operate. You on the other hand seem to feel the need to misrepresent the truth here. It's not some magical 1% like at Godaddy. At Epik that treatment is avalible to literally anybody, as Rob has explained if you need something you just have to ask. No getting told sorry you don't spend enough here for us to care. That is the real reason why Epik has so many votes even from those who do not work for them. They treat their customers right.
Who is the 1% at godaddy? I’ll wait...

•••
•••
Those with 500+ domains.
Is that a stat you made up on the spot?

And you’ve failed to address how godaddy treats any customer different from another.

•••
Is that a stat you made up on the spot?

And you’ve failed to address how godaddy treats any customer different from another.

N need for me to make anything up unlike you. Those large portfolio holders (500+ domains) get better pricing without paying for the discount club (No club to pay for at Epik btw regardless of portfolio size). A dedicated rep to bypass GD horrendous support, need I go on? I didn't think so.

•••
N need for me to make anything up unlike you. Those large portfolio holders (500+ domains) get better pricing without paying for the discount club (No club to pay for at Epik btw regardless of portfolio size). A dedicated rep to bypass GD horrendous support, need I go on? I didn't think so.
I have 500+ at godaddy and pay for discount club. Are you saying I’m being ripped off @Joe Styler

•••
Seriously, NP has become a useless barometer. The polls mean NOTHING.

Epik has 35 "employee" accounts on NP. Whenever there is a vote, all 35 undoubtedly vote for Epik
Good news we can actually look in and see.

Now if we want to compare an internet poll to democratic elections the candidate and the staff on the committee to elect a candidate have just as much a right to vote as anyone else. But let's look at how many of Epiks 42 votes (currently) actually are staff. Only 11, meaning there are 31 non Epik staff who voted. Which still puts them well ahead of #2 Dynadot with 11 votes (and I didnt check to see if any of those were Dynadot staff :xf.wink:)

But who cares about facts? Right?Show attachment 146610

Both great points.

upload_2020-3-4_15-13-25.png

But not all polls are visible.

Such as: https://www.namepros.com/threads/af...strar-give-a-domain-back-to-the-pool.1179424/

•••
Curious if there's a single Epik employee who didn't vote for Epik :).

I agree with @Ategy . If you don't want employees to vote, just state so.

The only problem I have with this poll is that it holds close to zero value as the outcome is biased by definition.

I voted Namesilo. Runner-up being Dynadot. They don't do drama or BS.

I would tend to disagree a bit, it does matter to registrars. The biggest didn't win last time, NameSilo won and if it was going to always be the biggest with the most accounts, (who on Namepros doesn't have a GoDaddy account) GoDaddy would win each time.

It also helps registrars to see where they stand, why did we come in second one year and then plunge the next? The last poll should have been an eye opener for Uniregistry with just 4.9% of the vote compared to 11.2% the previous poll.

Hell BusinessInsider had the press release NameSilo put out about winning last year, https://markets.businessinsider.com...-wins-namepros-best-registrar-2019-1028264340

Doesn't matter? Some people would beg to differ.

•••
I'm not saying it doesn't matter .. I'm saying this poll shouldn't matter to anyone.

The basic fact is that there's nobody here who has used ALL the choices in the poll .. so how could anyone have a valid and fair opinion of which is best. The poll was skewed and biased before the first vote was cast.

Which brings us to another point .. polls anyone wants to remain as integritous as possible should never only show the results if people vote. Having it that way forces people to vote for something even if they don't have a "best". There should also always be a "I don't know" or "Not applicable" type of choice.

Also, if people don't want staff to vote .. simply mention that fact at the end of the question (and definitely do NOT have the results hidden like it is now). Otherwise it's just childish for people to say staff members shouldn't have voted knowing full well NamePros is full of staff.

Even more importantly .. if anybody wants to get as close to a real answer as possible, then don't do a poll. Simply start a thread asking people to post their top 3 choices in order WITH ACTUAL SUPPORTING REASONS. That way there could be a real discussion and debate as well as tangible comparisons ..

Otherwise anybody who ever thought this would be anything other than a popularity poll really needs to learn the Internet and how it actually works!

Last edited:
•••
I'm not saying it doesn't matter .. I'm saying this poll shouldn't matter to anyone.

The basic fact is that there's nobody here who has used ALL the choices in the poll .. so how could anyone have a valid and fair opinion of which is best. The poll was skewed and biased before the first vote was cast.

Which brings us to another point .. polls anyone wants to remain as integritous as possible should never only show the results if people vote. Having it that way forces people to vote for something even if they don't have a "best". There should also always be a "I don't know" or "Not applicable" type of choice.

Also, if people don't want staff to vote .. simply mention that fact at the end of the question (and definitely do NOT have the results hidden like it is now). Otherwise it's just childish for people to say staff members shouldn't have voted knowing full well NamePros is full of staff.

Even more importantly .. if anybody wants to get as close to a real answer as possible, then don't do a poll. Simply start a thread asking people to post their top 3 choices in order WITH ACTUAL SUPPORTING REASONS. That way there could be a real discussion and debate as well as tangible comparisons ..

Otherwise anybody who ever thought this would be anything other than a popularity poll really needs to learn the Internet and how it actually works!

I started the poll Ategy, I did not say no employees which is why it was not there, others then mentioned they thought employees were a problem or did not like their votes counting.

The reason why there is don't show results, because when people see results they sometimes want to also go with who the winner is going to be whether they like them best or not. They want to have picked the winner for whatever reason.

The results will obviously be posted so all anyone who did not want to vote had to do was wait til the poll closed and see the results.

•••
I started the poll Ategy, I did not say no employees which is why it was not there, others then mentioned they thought employees were a problem or did not like their votes counting.
No worries .. my posts weren't an attack on whoever started the poll (you .. lol). Just more that I think many are taking it way too seriously when the whole concept was flawed from the start. Even more importantly that people are making it seem like Epik is doing something bad simply by participating at NamePros.

As for the way you set it up technically .. I simply said that there are certain things that lead to bias .. but ultimately I really don't care about the votes because 99%+ of the people voting likely did not try ALL of the possible choices .. so don't be offended .. but the poll is utterly without context and effectively useless.

What does bother me is the constant unjustified attacks on @Rob Monster and @epik for non-reasons like this one. I'm not saying everyone should love Rob and/or Epik .. but blaming for them for participating in a public poll when nobody even asked staff not to vote is just ridiculous! :-/

•••
No worries .. my posts weren't an attack on whoever started the poll (you .. lol). Just more that I think many are taking it way too seriously when the whole concept was flawed from the start. Even more importantly that people are making it seem like Epik is doing something bad simply by participating at NamePros.

As for the way you set it up technically .. I simply said that there are certain things that lead to bias .. but ultimately I really don't care about the votes because 99%+ of the people voting likely did not try ALL of the possible choices .. so don't be offended .. but the poll is utterly without context and effectively useless.

What does bother me is the constant unjustified attacks on @Rob Monster and @epik for non-reasons like this one. I'm not saying everyone should love Rob and/or Epik .. but blaming for them for participating in a public poll when nobody even asked staff not to vote is just ridiculous! :-/

This post from you is ridiculous.

"Even more importantly that people are making it seem like Epik is doing something bad simply by participating at NamePros."

That's not the issue and you know that.

•••
This post from you is ridiculous.
"Even more importantly that people are making it seem like Epik is doing something bad simply by participating at NamePros."
That's not the issue and you know that.

@JB Lions .. my post most certainly is NOT directed at you. But even you have to admit that you are one of the very few people who actually gives (what you feel are) tangible reasons and (tries to make) logical arguments when you're debating Rob on occasions. I put the brackets to be fair because there are times I agree with him and times I agree with you .. but most of the people regularly challenging Rob just do so for baseless reasons like this very thread.

Because you back up your arguments with logic and reason for the most part I feel there should always be a place for them (whether I think you're wrong or right) .. but people who just give reasons like what's in this thread to throw negative light on Epik is just ridiculous.

It's not even just Epik .. I'm the first to constantly say how much of a disastrous buggy pile of garbage GoDaddy's platform is ... but at the same time there are times when I step in to defend GoDaddy on certain things because there are just as many people who blindly hate GoDaddy as there are who hate Epik (actually .. probably more .. lol).

@Rob Monster's a big boy .. he'll probably be the first to say he's not perfect and that he's made mistakes. But even you need to admit this particular and specific discussion is really beyond absurd!

•••
I would tend to disagree a bit, it does matter to registrars. The biggest didn't win last time, NameSilo won and if it was going to always be the biggest with the most accounts, (who on Namepros doesn't have a GoDaddy account) GoDaddy would win each time.

It also helps registrars to see where they stand, why did we come in second one year and then plunge the next? The last poll should have been an eye opener for Uniregistry with just 4.9% of the vote compared to 11.2% the previous poll.

Hell BusinessInsider had the press release NameSilo put out about winning last year, https://markets.businessinsider.com...-wins-namepros-best-registrar-2019-1028264340

Doesn't matter? Some people would beg to differ.

Fair enough. I guess we agree, when it's about the most popular registrar. The best? I dunno. I can easily make a prediction about who will win this poll but will refrain from doing so. They earned it though, lots of time and effort spend in accommodating domainers. And don't get me wrong, I love them for it.

Actually, business insider and others covering this is the bigger issue imo.

But yeah, it's a good way for registrars to see where they stand in terms of popularity.

•••
Fair enough. I guess we agree, when it's about the most popular registrar. The best? I dunno. I can easily make a prediction about who will win this poll but will refrain from doing so. They earned it though, lots of time and effort spend in accommodating domainers. And don't get me wrong, I love them for it.

Actually, business insider and others covering this is the bigger issue imo.

But yeah, it's a good way for registrars to see where they stand in terms of popularity.

You know what I probably should have put Favorite registrar 2020.

•••
Oh look another thread complaining about something Epik related. 🙄

•••
You know what I probably should have put Favorite registrar 2020.

Lol, probably. But you know, my post was not meant to critique you. You're awesome. You're one of the few who's posts are always either an interesting or informative read in an unbiased way.

Loving that (sorry, I'm not much of a follower but if I'd follow anybody on NP it would be either you, @bmugford or @Lox ).

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back