Dynadot

status-duplicate I like Rob, But Epik staff have skewed ALL POLLS!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ja Kai

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
but part of the reason there are so many Epik staff here is because he makes sure to identify his staff for transparency.
Or it’s for free promotion. People see the same thing 50 different ways.

•••
This is like comparing Epik to Russia interfering in U.S. elections :ROFL:

Those employees were hired because they have some relation to domain investing...They have the right to express their opinion with pride and their votes should count.

•••
I disagree. That does make a difference to me as a user as it results in a better customer experience. I've never had a push get stuck in the system only be be arbitrarily told oh no actually that takes 7-10 business days to complete (true Godaddy experience of mine).

But the point still stand that even irrespective of that the results are not materially affected by those few extra votes anyway.
Sorry but you are speaking nonsense here - those "few extra" are actually 11, or maybe 12 votes at the time of writing, and that can alter results very significantly.

I am sorry that you had some bad experience with different registrat, but this has nothing to do with this topic really.

•••
Sorry but you are speaking nonsense here - those "few extra" are actually 11, or maybe 12 votes at the time of writing, and that can alter results very significantly.

As can self-promotion AKA spamming multiple times in the thread.

Brad

•••
Or it’s for free promotion. People see the same thing 50 different ways.

That's a fairly cynical view but I cant really blame you there. I'd probably feel the same if roles were reversed.

I am sorry that you had some bad experience with different registrat, but this has nothing to do with this topic really.

11/42 when the next closest had only 12 votes total. That what's called statistically insignificant. Even if you subtract 12 from Epiks count you got 30 votes to 12. So the the result of Epik (currently) being more than double that of the #2 spot is unchanged.

•••
That's a fairly cynical view but I cant really blame you there. I'd probably feel the same if roles were reversed.

11/42 when the next closest had only 12 votes total. That what's called statistically insignificant. Even if you subtract 12 from Epiks count you got 30 votes to 12. So the the result of Epik (currently) being more than double that of the #2 spot is unchanged.

11 from total of 42 is called "statistically insignificant", you think ????

Back to school, my friend :)

•••
11 from total of 42 is called "statistically insignificant", you think ????

Back to school, my friend :)

Yes as it does not materially change the results. Epik is still well ahead without those votes.

•••
Of course.... Namepros always moves thread when they or Rob Monster is called out.

"Your thread I like Rob, But Epik staff have skewed ALL POLLS!!! was moved to a different forum. Reason: Moved to NamePros Help and Feedback / Posted in the wrong forum / Thank you for understanding"

•••
Yes as it does not materially change the results. Epik is still well ahead without those votes.
No, statistically insignificant is something about or less then 1% in some situation.

You can not call 25% (as 11 votes is approx 25% from 42 votes) statistically insignificant.

If you do not believe this simple math fact, call your math teacher - she/he will confirm that :)

•••
Of course.... Namepros always moves thread when they or Rob Monster is called out.

"Your thread I like Rob, But Epik staff have skewed ALL POLLS!!! was moved to a different forum. Reason: Moved to NamePros Help and Feedback / Posted in the wrong forum / Thank you for understanding"

While I dont agree with the premise of the thread. I do agree that move doesn't make any sense.

•••

You know it is interesting how fast the mods are to move that, yet all his self promoting spam in the original thread is still there, in the general discussion forum.

Brad

•••
Seriously, NP has become a useless barometer. The polls mean NOTHING.

First of all .. anyone who takes online polls seriously in any way needs a serious reality check. Not only are they open to tons of bias, but the vast majority of them aren't even created in a way where they couldn't be biased.

Beyond that .. the anger here against Epik employees it just ludicrous .. like beyond infantile. Seriously guys .. if you don't want employees to vote .. then put in the title and top of first post something like "Please No Staff/Employee Voting". It's that simple, if you want a poll where employees don't vote, then you need to start by ASKING for it! NamePros isn't going to go around babysitting each poll to check each vote and employee one by one. All you need to do is create an unbiased question and ask that employees don't vote, and then make the votes public just to be sure. All this further debate is just silly.

(Keep in mind that NamePros sometimes makes polls voteable in the sidebar, so some employees might still vote unless you put the requested restriction within the poll question.)

Beyond that .. YES .. Epik has saturated NamePros with their employees. The only thing which that should say is that Epik is smart and all the others have not taken advantage of a potentially valuable marketing tool.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: If you want the TRUE ANSWER to what is the best of something, then DON'T DO A POLL! Simply start a discussion where people actually DISCUSS and DEBATE the topic so you can come to your own conclusion BASED ON FACTS (as opposed to other people's blind votes).

On top of all that .. a best registrar poll is ridiculous because the vast majority of us haven't actually tried all of the options. So how that hell can anyone know which is best. You should really limit the vote only to people who have actually used ALL the possible options within the last year .. so effectively all registrars should likely have ZERO votes. So as I said .. the poll is biased by default to those registrars with the most clients .. and beyond that to the registrar with the most active participants on NamePros!

I just can't believe how childish and silly this place is getting sometimes!

ADDED: Also don't make it so the only way people can see the results is if they vote .. by doing so you are actually forcing people to vote even if they are staff and even if they don't have a favourite. Why anyone would care about the poll in question based on how biased it was the moment it was created is just beyond me!?

Last edited:
•••
No, statistically insignificant is something about or less then 1% in some situation.

You can not call 25% (as 11 votes is approx 25% from 42 votes) statistically insignificant.

If you do not believe this simple math fact, call your math teacher - she/he will confirm that :)

It's not statistically insignificant because it meets some arbitrary threshold. Its statistically insignificant because the results don't change either way. Epik has so much of a lead it doesn't matter if you count those 12 votes or not.

You can try to throw some numbers out to justify your position but the FACT remains even not counting those votes Epik still has a significant lead over the #2 spot.

But you tell yourself whatever you need to so you can ignore the results of the poll and continue to pretend.

Last edited:
•••
First of all .. anyone who takes online polls seriously in any way needs a serious reality check. Not only are they open to tons of bias, but the vast majority of them aren't even created in a way where they couldn't be biased.

Beyond that .. the anger here against Epik employees it just ludicrous .. like beyond infantile. Seriously guys .. if you don't want employees to vote .. then put in the title and top of first post something like "Please No Staff/Employee Voting". It's that simple, if you want a poll where employees don't vote, then you need to start about ASKING for it! NamePros isn't going to go around babysitting each poll to check each vote and employee one by one. All you need to do is create an unbiased question and ask that employees don't vote and make the votes public. All this further debate is just silly.

(Keep in mind that NamePros sometimes makes polls voteable in the sidebar, so some employees might still vote unless you put the requested restriction within the poll question.)

Beyond that .. YES .. Epik has saturated NamePros with their employees. The only thing which that should say is that Epik is smart and all the others have not taken advantage of a potentially valuable marketing tool.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: If you want the TRUE ANSWER to what is the best of something, then DON'T DO A POLL! Simply start a discussion where people actually DISCUSS and DEBATE the topic so you can come to your own conclusion BASED ON FACTS (as opposed to other people's blind votes).

On top of all that .. a best registrar poll is ridiculous because the vast majority of us haven't actually tried all of the options. So how that hell can anyone know which is best. You should really limit the vote only to people who have actually used ALL the possible options within the last year .. so effectively all registrars should likely have ZERO votes. So as I said .. the poll is biased by default to those registrars with the most clients .. and beyond that to the registrar with the most active participants on NamePros!

I just can't believe how childish and silly this place is getting sometimes!

Well said. Interestingly enough I see Epik continues to climb.

Last edited:
•••
Yes.

Bad enough other registrar CEOs’ aren’t active here but want punish the one hires most within “Your votes dont count.”

Even if votes didnt —Epik still #1.

The only ones hurt; ones most loyal other regs

Samer

Last edited:
•••
This post is pointless. Epik has been the domainers' closest ally for some time now. Even if those guys weren't Epik staff members, they still would have voted Epik, as most already had a good relationship going with Epik before getting employed.

•••
Good news we can actually look in and see.

Now if we want to compare an internet poll to democratic elections the candidate and the staff on the committee to elect a candidate have just as much a right to vote as anyone else. But let's look at how many of Epiks 42 votes (currently) actually are staff. Only 11, meaning there are 31 non Epik staff who voted. Which still puts them well ahead of #2 Dynadot with 11 votes (and I didnt check to see if any of those were Dynadot staff :xf.wink:)

But who cares about facts? Right?Show attachment 146610

You missed like 3 and not everybody that works for Epik is badged up. As an example, somebody in your screenshot not badged up - https://www.namepros.com/threads/hi-greeting-to-everyone-im-nicole-from-china.1178587/

Plus, who knows if/how many paid influencers are running around this forum.

•••
Plus, who knows if/how many paid influencers are running around this forum.

Yes. Obviously it's a vast conspiracy. Because internet polls are so important.

•••

Actually, he said he was going to increase his spending on influencer marketing on social media this year. Internet forums and chat rooms are the original social media. He literally posted screenshots of him encouraging people to spread the word, someone from Nigeria, it was like 3 different Epik products. And you didn't quote the part where you got your screenshot all wrong. Don't know if that was on purpose or just laziness not clicking on the names and looking.

Last edited:
•••
They’re open to the public so of course they’re important. Some folks can’t handle the truth.

•••
Actually, he said he was going to increase his spending on influencer marketing on social media this year. Internet forums and chat rooms are the original social media. And you didn't quote the part where you got your screenshot all wrong.

Unlike you I dont feel the need to stalk all the users to figure out who's who as I previously linked to the staff badge list used.

•••
They’re open to the public so of course they’re important. Some folks can’t handle the truth.

that epik is the best registrar?

you bet. polls dont lie w/ or w/o employee vote

Last edited:
•••
Unlike you I dont feel the need to stalk all the users to figure out who's who as I previously linked to the staff badge list used.

So I guess it's laziness, it's just clicking links and looking.

•••

Ya like all the people who are upset at how well Epik is doing. Having to create theories of vast internet conspiracies. At least it keeps the rest of us entertained.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back