IT.COM

domain I have a few one word .net/.co/.cc that I'm curious about. - CORNCOB(dot)NET

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CuriousDomainer

Established Member
Impact
Thanks in advance for your time or opinions. I used the template to the best of my abilities. If you need more info let me know.

I've got a few links here that I'm sitting on that I'm curious about if I could make some $$$$ on. They are all hosted at Namecheap.

CORNCOB(dot)NET

Acquisition Reason: I was honestly amused at the name and couldn't pass it up, liked that it was a food based one. Thought about how corncobs are referred to as ears and thought of social aspects to the name.
Markets: Sound/Music/Social/Farming
Research: Used to host naughty ads according to wayback machine. Oh my.
End-User Value: Depends
Reseller Value: No idea. It's a one word/food related domain
Traffic: Not tested
Revenue: ------
Miscellaneous: I really liked the name so I bought it, it's an amusing portfolio item if anything.

COSMETOLOGY(dot)CO

Acquisition Reason: Looking to resell
Markets: Cosmetologists and most makeup or beauty related sites
Research: Multiple TLDs taken with this name
End-User Value: Depends on the user. A professional sounding link is pretty nice to have.
Reseller Value: No idea. It's a one word domain dealing with health/beauty.
Miscellaneous: I thought it would be worth at LEAST mid $XXX to lower $XXXX.

MORGUE(dot)CO

Acquisition Reason: I was morbidly amused at the thought of owning this link. Was planning on using it as a domain resell site to sell 'zombie links you could bring back to life' kind of as a brand sort of thing.
Markets: Morgues? People who collect one word domains maybe?
Research: Has only ever been parked as far as I know. Other TLDs taken.
End-User Value: NO IDEA. I only know what I was going to use it for.
Reseller Value: (I am not sure. That's why I'm here!)
Miscellaneous: I thought it would be worth at least some kind of $XXX

ARTWORKS(dot)CC

Acquisition Reason: I'm an artist and thought of using it as a personal portfolio.
Markets: Any kind of art related market. pictures, paintings, handmade things
Research: Multiple TLDs taken
End-User Value: Simple and self explanatory, a short easy to remember portfolio link.
Reseller Value: Depends on if you know artists looking to make a portfolio online.
Traffic: Not tested.
Miscellaneous: I don't know if I want to sell this one... but want to see if it's worth anything anyway.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Bump and thank you for any input.

•••
Those are excellent dot co names. I wouldn't let them go for cheap, because I have a feeling they could appreciate in value. However, it might take some time for that to happen. I have quite a few one word dot co's, also through namecheap. I plan on sitting on the bulk of mine and just selling a few here and there to cover renewals... Try thinking of one word dot co's from the eyes of an end user, not a domainer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back