opinion I hate those who bid days before auction end time

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haris

Best Domainer Of The End-TimesTop Member
Impact
Why are you so stupid?

I hate you. >:(

@Everyone who bids days before auction end time.

Now everybody has the domain on their watchlist :xf.cry:

Because of you >:(

How can someone be so dumb.

You've invited more competition, if few people saw the auction you would've had better chance at winning it for cheap. How stupid you are. :xf.frown:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yup!

People will bid it up at the last minute anyway, so it doesn't matter. Sometimes get lucky and I'm at my computer at the right time.

Why let domain auction end times determine your life? :)

I'm one of those guys, - that is bidding days before the auction ends. The reason is I am often too busy to check auctions every day, I travel a lot, plus I live in a different time zone (meaning auctions ends when I am not around a computer anyway). So when I come across a domain name I like I often just place a proxy bid for it, even when the actual auction date still is a few days away.

I know this limits my chances to win the domain and it is drawing more attention to the auction but it also protects me from getting fired up in a bidding frenzy and overpaying for the domain name.

I'm sure there are many others just like me.

•••
Bidding days early is like holding up a megaphone announcing "I've got money to spend, please bid me up higher so I can spend more".

Look at me... Look at me... I'm an early bird... (waiting for a hawk to swoop in and gobble me up)

•••
Well, I'm one of those that bid early.

Why? because I know exactly how much a name is worth to me so I set my highest bid and spend my time researching the next domain....
On rare occasions I up my bid according to new data I have found (I wish I could do the opposite as well :xf.smile: ) but that's normally what I do... Is it really that bad?

I do find the snipers really funny though.. it's like they don't know what they really want until someone else wants what they want lol

•••
I hate too. I love only 24 TO 48 hrs auction. People forgot the deal if they bids a month before, and they may drop the plan to even buy that domain at their bidden price...

•••
Well, I'm one of those that bid early.

Why? because I know exactly how much a name is worth to me so I set my highest bid and spend my time researching the next domain....
On rare occasions I up my bid according to new data I have found (I wish I could do the opposite as well :xf.smile: ) but that's normally what I do... Is it really that bad?

I do find the snipers really funny though.. it's like they don't know what they really want until someone else wants what they want lol

We all know how much any name is worth to us. Most of the time, I also know how much a name can sell for at re-sale price, but that doesn't affect my bidding strategy, I have bought domains for high $xx that are easily worth high $xxx re-sale and the only reason I am able to do that again and again is that I don't hold up a megaphone and let everyone know of this great domain at auction. I note the time at which auction will end and spend only a few minutes which save me $$$. Those $$$ I saved are worth every second I spent and more.

I think most snipers know very well what they want to buy, they just don't think it's smart to let everyone know about a good domain at auction. You need to understand why HugeDomains bots mostly bid on domains that already have a bid. You let them know that this is a domain you are interested to buy, bots don't know what the domain is but they know that people are interested in it so it must be something good. Snipers not only know that people are interested in the domain but they also know the domain name and so they understand why someone would be interested in it. If there was no bid on any domain name at auction it would be really really hard to go through all the auctions looking for a piece of gold in crapcity.

But, Whatever works for you mate.

•••
helping the domain owner for getting better price LOL

•••
I often say I'll bid at the very last minute but most of the times ending up in deep slumber.

•••
I often say I'll bid at the very last minute but most of the times ending up in deep slumber.

haha.. I am one of the most laziest guys on this planet and that rarely happens with me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back