NameSilo

I dislike you! What’s your opinion?

Labeled as status-monitor in NamePros Comments and Feedback started by MapleDots, May 23, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

?

What should we use as a dislike button

1. Keep DISLIKE

19 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. Use DOWNVOTE

4 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Change it to DISAGREE

22 vote(s)
    44.0%
  4. Other - specify below

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
Total: 50 vote(s)
  1. MapleDots

MapleDots Domain Properties 2010 - 2019 VIP

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator VIP

Since there are a significant number of people who get bothered if someone dislikes them, yeah, go ahead and change it. Don't need another rant thread about not being loved by someone with thin skin.

3. MrAcidic

MrAcidic Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

posted the below in the other"poll" sighhhhh

I am sorry but this is turning into a farce.......like or dislike was perfectly fine, why this has to be a big deal I will never know.

You either like the post or not, you either agree with the post or not - simple. If people are being offended by a simple dislike then the nanny state has won the war and we should all surrender now for mass nappy changes.

why not just keep the like/dislike and below it add agree/disagree......give the people a broader choice instead of having a "black or white" option......

why not add a happy emoji and sad emoji

why not
    why not.......

mini rant done......going to go and enjoy the sunshine.....

can remove this one or that one in case duplication's are not allowed......

4. Wali Dahot

Wali Dahot Established Member

I dont bother if someone dislikes my opinion or downvote it or disagree with it, they have every right to do so as everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Personally I like the old dislike button more than disagree while I dislike current downvote button.
    In the end, the truth will always prevail no matter how bitter it is and sugar-coated lies cant compete with truth or facts.

5. Josh R

Josh R Owner of BrandConsultants.com & PremiumBrands.com PRO VIP

Hopefully this is on topic and allowed, but downvote was a bad decision. Didn’t the overwhelming majority suggest “Disagree” - when did “downvote” come into play?

6. biggie

biggie Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

just on principle

I don't like that it was changed without voting first, if that could have been an option

and hope that it wasn't changed because a minority asked for it to be changed.

and if not, why did it have to be changed?

imo..

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP

I still feel somewhat mixed on this, but the more I reread your posts in favour of agree/disagree @MapleDots, even while also considering the responses of NPs admins re the possible difficulties of that., I clearly prefer agree/disagree to downvote (or the current dislike). My reason is that we tend to associate like/dislike with people and certain objects, while we use agree/disagree with respect to expressing opinions. Therefore the change would help do two things - stress that it is the view, not the poster, you are disagreeing with, and make it more likely to be used than dislike so that if more used a reader would have a better measure of what the community thinks.

I agree wholeheartedly with @biggie that no change should be implemented without some polling of members and some time to think about it. I commend NPs for wanting to be proactive, but I think it is better to not be rash in making the change.

Bob

8. Eric Lyon

Eric Lyon Member Services, NamePros Super Moderator PRO Gold Account VIP Trusted Contest Holder

Explained here:
    Disagree isn’t possible right now (It will require development). The two viable choices so far are dislike or downvote. New suggestions welcomed ;)

9. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

10. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

11. carob

carob Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Or just delete the Dislike button.

It just causes problems.

12. johnn

johnn Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I do what I think I should do and I don’t care if you like or dislike me.

Because of ‘like’ too many people post craps here hoping that people will like them.

13. WebFires

WebFires YLWAgency.com

This is ridiculous... "Downvote" really!? Why don't we all just give everyone a trophy while we are at it too....

14. NameLlama

NameLlama Established Member

Call it a downlike. Better for my fee fees

15. NameLlama

NameLlama Established Member

16. domains21

domains21 Established Member

Disagree makes more sense in my opinion whereas downvote seems out of place considering there is no 'Up vote'.

17. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

I liked my poll on whether you know or blow more. :xf.laugh:

Anyway
    is downvote going to be anonymous?

18. domainventure

domainventure Top Member VIP

There's actually a greater risk of down-votes to dislikes, as people in general don't want to dislike a post out of courtesy, not wanting to hurt feelings etc, but a down vote is more impersonal, so..... IMO

19. equity78

No

20. JB Lions

JB Lions Top Member VIP

Couple of options not mentioned.

Don't post disagreeable or unlikable stuff. So then your post can't be Downvoted or Disliked.

Put all posts in a Queue, don't let them go live until they've been checked and deemed safe.

Dislike is fine.

I feel like I need to point out that is sarcasm, some might actually take it seriously.

21. Support Team

Support Team Moderator, NamePros Moderator VIP

22. Shamiul Alam

Shamiul Alam Established Member

I don't think disagree can be substitute for dislike in some cases. Voted for dislike.

23. MapleDots

MapleDots Domain Properties 2010 - 2019 VIP

How about a button that says.....

I disagree and dislike you ?

Would cover all the bases :xf.laugh:

24. johnn

johnn Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Just disable or take away all the buttons - Problems solved.

You come here to learn and to invest - who cares about who like or not like or whatever - This is not a dating site.
    If you don't like something just move on.
    You meet people on the street everyday and some you like/don't like and there is no buttons. We are fine with that for thousand years.

25. Grilled

Grilled khjasdhkfdhdskfhhukdfshkj VIP

Agreed.

Think about the leading social network, Facebook.

They transitioned away from simply liking to: Like, Love Haha, Wow, Sad, Angry

Reactions11.jpg

Given their resources, and this being a major decision effecting the UX, I have to imagine a lot of money, and smart brain power was poured into the thought process to change.

Not saying to copy everything from other social networks, just saying take a look at what they found to work, and could it be implemented here for a better UX.

Another idea, related to taking a look at Facebook, is the suspend account option. I'm very aware of the procedure to cancel your account now. But given the current drama and general landscape of the internet people need to take breaks away their internet hangouts and the difficulty of doing so given most people can access the net from their phones or desktops, there really needs to be a simpler suspend account option. Similar to Facebook's policy.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: