Dynadot

status-resolved I dislike you! What’s your opinion?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What should we use as a dislike button

• 1st

Change it to DISAGREE

votes
    50.0%
  • 2nd

Keep DISLIKE

votes
    32.4%
  • 3rd

Other - specify below

votes
    10.3%
  • 4th

Use DOWNVOTE

votes
    7.4%

• 68 votes
  • Ended 4 years ago
  • Final results

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
TC-VoteBallot (1).jpg

Vote here and lets see what your opinion is.

See the topic here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/we-must-and-can-fix-this.1138079/

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Note: You can select one option from Like/Dislike/Thank plus one option from Agree/Disagree for each post. That means you can both Thank someone for a post and Disagree with that same post.

•••
Hopefully this is on topic and allowed, but downvote was a bad decision. Didn’t the overwhelming majority suggest “Disagree” - when did “downvote” come into play?

•••
This is ridiculous... "Downvote" really!? Why don't we all just give everyone a trophy while we are at it too....

•••
Update: Good news!

We've added the much-requested Disagree option, along with an Agree option.

Posts can now be Liked, Thanked, or Disliked in addition to Agreed or Disagreed.

Point assignments:
  • Like/Thank is +1
  • Dislike is -1
  • Agree is +1
  • Disagree is 0 (neutral)

Examples:
  1. If a post is liked and disagreed, then it will have 1 point.
  2. If a post is thanked and agreed, then it will have 2 points.
  3. If a post is disliked but agreed, then it will have 0 points.

That's all for now.

A lot more to come. :)

•••
To many buttons
They'll all be moved to a single icon soon, but there will likely be even more options under that single icon (7 options).

You don't have to use them all, but they're available if you want to express yourself in a way that you couldn't otherwise.

More coming soon.

•••
•••
I vote we just give everyone a poo emoji if we don't like their post.

Oh, you made a sale, but can't disclose any details? :poop:

•••
They'll all be moved to a single icon soon, but there will likely be even more options under that single icon (7 options).

You don't have to use them all, but they're available if you want to express yourself in a way that you couldn't otherwise.

More coming soon.

I do not mind the options or how many, I am just saying the way they're displayed right now is ugly and just way to much going on.

looking forward to seeing the single icon. I think that will display so much better.

•••
shutterstock_375815809.jpg

So I see namepros has removed downvote and reinstated dislike. I actually prefer dislike over downvote. Downvote just seemed a bit too generic and lost to me.

Seems like the clear winner of the poll so far is to keep the dislike terminology, and namepros has responded by changing it back.

Lets hope everyone is mature enough to handle it and not take it as a personal insult.

TO ALL NEW MEMBERS - and the odd old one

When you get a dislike it means the member dislikes your statement or post, it does not mean the member dislikes you. Use it as an opportunity to open dialogue and remember that trying to force your opinion is not what it is about. Accept that another member may not agree with your opinion and move on.

•••
•••
I voted "Other"

keep "Dislike" for comments and posts that are truly rude, insulting, hateful, or just pure immoral and inappropriate for a public and professional forum such as this, but add "Disagree" for when the comments and posts are not inappropriate but you just Disagree with them. (Dislike should pretty much do the same job as the Report button with the difference that it should show how many times someone's comment or post have been reported and by whom.)

Also have a way to appeal any given Dislikes so that moderators can determine whether it was given justly or out of hate or bullying.

Last edited:
•••
Since there are a significant number of people who get bothered if someone dislikes them, yeah, go ahead and change it. Don't need another rant thread about not being loved by someone with thin skin.

•••
I do what I think I should do and I don’t care if you like or dislike me.

Because of ‘like’ too many people post craps here hoping that people will like them.

•••
•••
It would be nice to have a "Disagree" button so that you don't have to "Dislike" someone if you don't agree with them. (if this has already been suggested then I would reemphasize the need for having such an option).

Also is there any way that a Dislike can be appealed. (and where do you go to see how many dislikes have been given and by whom.)

Last edited:
•••
Also have a way to appeal any given Dislikes so that moderators can determine whether it was given justly or out of hate or bullying.

That would be a full time job for someone and if you really think about it one cannot really stop someone from disliking something you say or do in real life so a moderator intervention is probably not justified.

I am with you though as far as disagree goes, I disagree far more often than I dislike, for this reason I rarely use the dislike feature.

•••
It would be nice to have a "Disagree" button
We plan to add this option.

(Dislike should pretty much do the same job as the Report button with the difference that it should show how many times someone's comment or post have been reported and by whom.)
We have not decided yet whether we will keep the "Dislike" option or eventually remove it. Currently, we have made dislikes less noticeable and they do not have any impact on an account except that they are shown as a negative number on specific posts that have been disliked. Dislikes do help us internally, but Reports can serve this purpose instead.

Also have a way to appeal any given Dislikes so that moderators can determine whether it was given justly or out of hate or bullying
That would be difficult for us to do. The only practical way is for members to let us know when the dislikes feature is being abused so that we can investigate and take the appropriate actions.

Thank you for all the feedback.

•••
Praise be thy Lord!

Thank you!! Next up, "love" since "like" not enough for above! :)

My favorite change. Cant ask for more!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
What they need is namepros is an awesome website button! Whoohoo! tyvm. :)

•••
One thing I've noticed not sure if it's intended or not is one personal can actually give a post +2 by both agreeing and liking or thanking.

EDIT: thanks for ther example @Samer

That's intentional.

•••
just on principle

I don't like that it was changed without voting first, if that could have been an option

and hope that it wasn't changed because a minority asked for it to be changed.

and if not, why did it have to be changed?

imo..

•••
Hopefully this is on topic and allowed, but downvote was a bad decision. Didn’t the overwhelming majority suggest “Disagree” - when did “downvote” come into play?
Explained here:
We would have to create new options (and counts) for "Agree" and "Disagree" because those do not accurately represent all existing Likes and Dislikes, so that would require a lot more work and likely not happen soon.

We're open to suggestions for different names for these options.
Disagree isn’t possible right now (It will require development). The two viable choices so far are dislike or downvote. New suggestions welcomed ;)

•••
•••
Explained here:

Disagree isn’t possible right now (It will require development). The two viable choices so far are dislike or downvote. New suggestions welcomed ;)

Or just delete the Dislike button.

It just causes problems.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back