IT.COM

I can't log into Afternic. What can I do. They can't help me.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I recently reactivated my Afternic account. No matter what I do I can not log in to the account. They sent me a link to change my password twice and I'm able to do that, but when i put in my username and password, nothing happens. Even if I put in a wrong password, nothing happens.

I've sent emails to them with screen shots. They said to clear cookies and cache, which I did, and still nothing. I've tried going thru firefox and google chrome, still nothing.

What's weird is that I can change my password, but not log in.

I'm able to log in on my neighbors computer, but not mine.

I've called in 6 times and they can't help me. I've asked them to put a ticket in to the higher tech dept and they blow me off, saying that they can't help if they can't replicate the problem.

I'm at a lose. Could they have a block on my IP address?
What else should I check or do?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
did you try creating another account??

•••
This is security from the browser. Nothing to do with afternic

Check on the top left you will see an exclamation sign and a shield sign (assuming you use Firefox).
Click on the shield and "disable protection for this session" and should be good to go.

•••
Thank you, but that didn't work either. When I click Log In button below Create Account button, the Log In popup windows comes on. When I put my info into that, nothing at all happens. It just sits there. If I put wrong password in, still nothing happens. I sent this screen shot to Afternic and they can't help.

Afternic is the only site that I'm having trouble logging onto. I can visit any other site and log on.
It's weird that when they send me the link to change my password, that goes fine and I can change the password, but never log on.

I think they have my IP block for log in. I've asked them and they say my account is good and they can log in on their side. I can get in on my nighbors computer, just not mine.

Very weird and I'm at a lose for what the heck to try.

•••
did you try creating another account??

I don't want to create another account. I'm not sure that it would let me because I only use one email address for my domains.

•••
Bring your computer to your neighbor and log in from there to eliminate the block IP problem.

By the way is your neighbor female? You don't need to come back if she looks nice!!!

•••
•••
You may also try another browser to solve the problem @ Johnn suggested, try chrome, firefox, opera, etc.

I once had same problem with my enom account, but latter discover , its was an ip issue. The IP that gave me problem was dynamic. How ever the second ISP worked with static IP.

•••

I've tried that. I tried disabling add-ons. Set all permissions to allow Afternic to do anything. Restart browser restart computer. Still nothing.

You may also try another browser to solve the problem @ Johnn suggested, try chrome, firefox, opera, etc

Tried Firefox and Chrome. Afternic is the only site I can't get on.

My neighbor is gone, so I'll have to wait to go over there again.

•••
Okay, now , try using your mobile phone hotspot, ( If you have any ), that may be a different ISP, you should get in at least for some time or try logging in with your phone.

•••
•••
could be browser problem, try chrome with adblock disabled

•••
I also had the same problem. I deleted the antivirus browser extension and its working fine now.

•••
Same. i have this issue now.

•••
•••
•••

Check on the top left you will see an exclamation sign and a shield sign (assuming you use Firefox).
Click on the shield and "disable protection for this session" and should be good to go.
Thank you! Silly ghosterly was screwing me around on this too! Now I know!:xf.laugh:

•••

I know this is a old thread but the trick worked! I almost gave up

•••
@Joe Styler I can;t login to my account. When i entered my 2-Step Verification, i get this response: "Sorry we're having trouble signing you in".

It's been over 48 hours. Emailed support but no response.

My username: teejakes. Thanks.

•••
u can login to afternic using gd info now...maybe try it

•••
•••
•••
How did u later solve it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back