IT.COM

Afternic: Can't add domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
It is impossible to add domains to Afternic anymore.
Afternic had a unique good side: You add a fixed price,
and it appears on many registrars when searched.

Now you can't add domains, they are not even under pending review.
We are wasting time trying to add domains. No errors, no listing, nothing.
Why: I know, because they want to be able to do arbitrage freely.
So selling price and buying price can be far from eachother.

This happens when there is an active lead at any source.
Not sure about other times.

So we are losing control by force.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
But how would it help them, if you can list the same on other markets with higher price and make the sale through there?

•••
Everyday receiving price requests for U-S-A.NET but not able to sign into my Afternic account because Godaddy banned access from my ip address location.
IMG_20230102_190722.png

Last edited:
•••
Everyday receiving price requests for U-S-A.NET but not able to sign into my Afternic account because Godaddy banned access from my ip address location.
Show attachment 229610
How about trying a VPN or listing on Dan/Sedo/Sav ? If buyers are looking for this domain, they will check it through other marketplaces as well.

•••
Endusers seem to only trust registrars they are familiar with. If people buy through fixed Afternic price, it is honest sale with 20 percent fixed commission. If agents secure price elsewhere, they can get higher commission with cheating (legal but still cheating (abuse of power), just like shillbidding). If agents think they can get away with it, they can give it a try... Anyway,.. they should have an explantion before I invent scenarios explaining the situation. Let anyone cheat within rules, but rules themselves should be fair.

•••
How about trying a VPN or listing on Dan/Sedo/Sav ? If buyers are looking for this domain, they will check it through other marketplaces as well.
All of vpns are banned for me. A buyer prefer only Godaddy he/she is won't purchase on Epik lol.

•••
Another (but unrelated) strange situation. Today is an ordinary day, it is the first weekday of 2023, but other than this, nothing is special about today, but gold price stays fixed, as if this is a global holiday (maybe a bank holiday).

Last edited:
•••
Endusers seem to only trust registrars they are familiar with. If people buy through fixed Afternic price, it is honest sale with 20 percent fixed commission. If agents secure price elsewhere, they can get higher commission with cheating (legal but still cheating (abuse of power), just like shillbidding). If agents think they can get away with it, they can give it a try... Anyway,.. they should have an explantion before I invent scenarios explaining the situation. Let anyone cheat within rules, but rules themselves should be fair.
Just got a doubt if someone else added the domain to afternic. Is it only with a particular domain name? If yes, that could be the reason I believe.
How about contacting their support to check and get it removed if its listed by any other account?

•••
By any chance someone else had added it long back and still being listed under that account....Which is restricting you from adding that domain under your account....

Last edited:
•••
It is impossible to add domains to Afternic anymore.
Afternic had a unique good side: You add a fixed price,
and it appears on many registrars when searched.

Now you can't add domains, they are not even under pending review.
We are wasting time trying to add domains. No errors, no listing, nothing.
Why: I know, because they want to be able to do arbitrage freely.
So selling price and buying price can be far from eachother.

This happens when there is an active lead at any source.
Not sure about other times.

So we are losing control by force.
I tried to use Afternic but 1 month later my domain is still pending verification for fast transfer
SO i gave up and now i use dan.com to publish on the afternic market without using the afternic website

•••
No, not listed by others, but I can't still list them. I'm trying to make things fair in more than one sense.
Afternic always ignore (in my experience), unless there is a pending sale. So contacting them won't help.
Sedo and Dan are better in this sense(customer service) (but this doesn't mean, they are reasonable either).
We can assume namepros is a partner of Godaddy, so they can combine your posts with your domains to optimize their strategy towards you.

Last edited:
•••
@topdom But it happens all the time. You have to write them, attaching the screenshot from the registrar (basically, proof of ownership). Name just hanging in their system because the previous owner never bothered to remove it... Afternic will remove it pretty fast, these guys reply now like within 1, max 2 days.

@ReallyBigIdea.com try freevpn dot com - I have the same problem when I am in Russia, but this vpn solves it (just play with different flags).

•••
@VadimK I contacted them for my domain pending fast-transfer approval, still no answer since about 1 month XD
That's why i changed to dan

•••
All of vpns are banned for me. A buyer prefer only Godaddy he/she is won't purchase on Epik lol.
dan allows you to access the afternic network which includes godaddy and many other marketplaces

•••
@VadimK I contacted them for my domain pending fast-transfer approval, still no answer since about 1 month XD

Fast transfer approval is a different story and depends on:
1) registrar, whom you have a name with (whether or not Afternic ''likes'' it for Fast-Transfer)
2) 60-day lock period (nothing for 60 days from registration can be approved for Fast-Transfer)
3) the tld (some are ''good'', some not)

Last edited:
•••
If the registrar is one of the approved fast trasnfer one, it would mostly be pending at the domain registrar portal end or because of DNS/ TXT record not set properly. Some registration portals will have a separate column where you need to click accept the fast transfer. Once its done, fast transfer will be auto approved and not manually.

•••
•••
If the registrar is one of the approved fast trasnfer one, it would mostly be pending at the domain registrar portal end or because of DNS/ TXT record not set properly. Some registration portals will have a separate column where you need to click accept the fast transfer. Once its done, fast transfer will be auto approved and not manually.

Could be the case too, yes. If all my three points (previous message) checked, then Afternic might have triggered it already, sending the authorisation to registrar but it just stucked somewhere, in this case better check with registrar.

•••
Fast transfer approval is a different story and depends on:
1) registrar, whom you have a name with (whether or not Afternic ''likes'' it for Fast-Transfer)
2) 60-day lock period (nothing for 60 days from registration can be approved for Fast-Transfer)
3) the tld (some are ''good'', some not)
oh thanks for this now i know why it doesn't work my domain was only 1 month old

•••
they didn't say there was something to put in dns/txt records, unlike dan sedo and others

•••
Another (but unrelated) strange situation. Today is an ordinary day, it is the first weekday of 2023, but other than this, nothing is special about today, but gold price stays fixed, as if this is a global holiday (maybe a bank holiday).

It is a federal holiday in the USA. When a holiday falls on a Sunday, then the official worker holiday is the Monday after. So last Monday was also a holiday and the exchanges and banks weren't open.

•••
•••
No, not listed by others, but I can't still list them. I'm trying to make things fair in more than one sense.
Afternic always ignore (in my experience), unless there is a pending sale. So contacting them won't help.
Sedo and Dan are better in this sense(customer service) (but this doesn't mean, they are reasonable either).
We can assume namepros is a partner of Godaddy, so they can combine your posts with your domains to optimize their strategy towards you.
Hey @topdom! Please email me jiles (at) godaddy.com with the issues you're facing and the domains you're struggling to add to Afternic. Typically, though, I would recommend contacting [email protected] first :)

•••
This is always been a major annoyance. I'm pricing all my domains, just added a bunch yesterday to Afternic, most go thru, maybe 15% don't and they have this next to them -No (Opt-in Required)info

Then I email service at afternic

All my domains are at Godaddy. Just an example a few days ago. Priced 9 of them, get email from Afternic about my registrar is going to send me an email to authorize. It gets 7 of the 9.

It's always been like this. I wish they would just find somebody who could fix this once and for all, this should be running smooth. Not lingering problems for years.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back