Dynadot

I bought DomainNames.com from NetworkSolutions, but they took it back.

NameSilo
Watch
Hi, guys

I'm the buyer of DomainNames.com, I did the search via NetworkSolutions.com on 12.Feb, and found it's in their premium domain name lists with a very bargin price $2,577 (yes, it's a big bargain but a deal is a deal). Then I ordered it and paid via credit card.

This domain name is under control of New Ventures Services Corp and everyone knows it is NetworkSolutions/Web.com's warehousing company. All their domain names will be listed as premium domain names for sale on NetworkSolutions.com.

Once I made my order, Netsol sent me a order confirmation email. After 3 days, Networksolutions pushed the domain name into my Netsol account with a confirmation email to notify that my order has been completed, and I have the full control on it. I changed the DNS to my own hosting account.

But NetSol has removed it from my account today without any notifications nor explaination.

I will update further later.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Waiting for @anantj to come in support of Network Solutions.

Last edited:
•••
So far, no, he did not yet. Just confirmation of progress ...

View attachment 80659
No he did. He had the domain in his account, whois updated to display his information and he was able to direct the domain to servers of his choice. Check a couple of pages back, screenshots available

•••
The problem here is, this entire incident happened in Netsols house under their roof.

Their house....Their rules.

If you had time to pack your bags and move out, their rules wouldnt apply anymore.

Its like my parents used to say.

If you dont want to follow our rules....there's the door.

Unfortunately you didnt get to move out in time.

Welcome to the domain world.

•••
And to further strain the metaphor imagine you moved out, found a place to live, moved in, and then 3 days later were kicked out without a refund on your rent because they'd let you move in too cheap. Apparently for some that's acceptable behaviour in the domain world :p Guess it's useful to find out who you probably don't want to be doing business with.

Last edited:
•••
Hardly comparable to getting a ten or twenty dollar item cheaper vs what is a six figure domain. I feel for the buyer but lets face it, he knew that price wasn't correct.

..... They could be having a 'not widely publicised 95% off!' sale! It is the seller's responsibility to price their goods correctly! What they did was theft!

•••
Who are the "the bloggers" which influenced their decision to reverse the sale? Can you name the forum? It seems better to shut our mouth till we get the domain in our account completely.

•••
Who are the "the bloggers" which influenced their decision to reverse the sale? Can you name the forum? It seems better to shut our mouth till we get the domain in our account completely.

Hi, thank you for backing me up on this case, but the bloggers have nothing to do with this situation. Actually they did a lot of work in helping me solve this issue and brought it to social media, given me many useful advices via PMs. I do appreciate their helps just as I appreciate all helps from the forum members! :)

•••
Just an update:

A vice president of Web.com gave me a call last night, he told me he would like to appologize for this matter personally (I do appreciate his attitute). And he mentioned that there was a technical issue in their system, this domain name should never been listed for sale nor can be transferred, there should have been a registrar lock. But they have to reverse this domain name to their control and he talked about compensation suggestions. I told him that I prefer to talk about this via email and he told me he would send me an email. But I didn't receive any email yet, maybe this is weekend.

And Netsol issued the refund today, I paid $2,600.98, they refunded $2596.99, and didn't refund the $3.99 netsol hosting plan which attached to this DomainNames.com purchase.

I'll seeking opinions from lawyers, and will update later if there's any news.

Again, thank you for all the kind helps you guys have given me!

refund.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Just an update:

A vice president of Web.com gave me a call last night, he told me he would like to appologize for this matter personally (I do appreciate his attitute). And he mentioned that there was a technical issue in their system, this domain name should never been listed for sale nor can be transferred, there should have been a registrar lock. But they have to reverse this domain name to their control and he talked about compensation suggestions. I told him that I prefer to talk about this via email and he told me he would send me an email. But I didn't receive any email yet, maybe this is weekend.

And Netsol issued the refund today, I paid $2,600.98, they refunded $2596.99, and didn't refund the $3.99 netsol hosting plan which attached to this DomainNames.com purchase.

Show attachment 80784

Thanks for the update. But typical they don't even give you a full refund. I guess it was a collect call as well ;)

•••
Why didn`t you transfer out?

It took me over a month to transfer away from them.... Even if he initiated a transfer the domain would have disappeared long before the transfer was concluded. NetSol does anything to keep you from transferring and that would have brought even more attention by netsol in the short term.

•••
Just an update:

Show attachment 80784

No paper trail..... those boys are not stupid!!

•••
Why oh why would you do business with NetSol?

•••
given me many useful advices via PMs

All of which you will be required to disclose in litigation, should you go that route, btw, since you admit they exist and, since they are not with lawyers, are not subject to any privilege against disclosure. Also, as you are contemplating litigation, then if you delete them now, you can be sanctioned if you do not produce them.

•••
Just an update:

Show attachment 80784

just pure curiosity.. how long do you predict this domain was around and available to buy for all who see it.. beofre you got it? or that's just impossible to tell maybe...

now you have them by the neck... ask for big fat compensation to teach them lesson. take back some of that profit they've taken from many people.. in various often unpro ways over years.

•••
just pure curiosity.. how long do you predict this domain was around and available to buy for all who see it.. beofre you got it? or that's just impossible to tell maybe...

now you have them by the neck... ask for big fat compensation to teach them lesson. take back some of that profit they've taken from many people.. in various often unpro ways over years.

Hi, I visited DomainNames.com and being redirected to Netsol. I want to check the whois info and I typed in this domain name on Netsol homepage and I assume the next page will show a whois info or link. So I won't have to visit whois.com or whois-search.com. But I noticed the next page shows this domain name is available for register as a premium domain name, so I ordered it.

•••
All of which you will be required to disclose in litigation, should you go that route, btw, since you admit they exist and, since they are not with lawyers, are not subject to any privilege against disclosure. Also, as you are contemplating litigation, then if you delete them now, you can be sanctioned if you do not produce them.

Hi, John, thank you for the info, noted. Will do if necessary or if required.

•••
Just an update:

Show attachment 80784

Absolutely disgusting.

Get your compensation and/or take the matter to court. You have a solid case as far as I can see.

•••
•••
I guess it comes down to exposure value, if this domain was valued at $10k or less, they may have let them keep it. Given network solutions is a multi billion dollar company in the domain names business it could be considered part of their core holdings for marketing.

They screwed up, no doubt about it, but what is their max exposure to damages here?

They know screw ups happen, and have set outlines within their TOS.

We have all had names takes back thru gtlds, godaddy auctions, NameJet etc... it is just never this type of domain at this cheap or price, so the thought of that acquired equity just being taken back is overwhelming.

I think if the domain had left network solutions you would have had options, but given it’s within their grasp, you weren’t going to win this. As for rep, and PR I don’t think they are too concerned from blowback from domainers.

Try to work out some kind of compensation package, maybe a credit to purchase domains in the future, you aren’t going to get much more out of pocket from them.

•••
Just an update:

Show attachment 80784

You don't want those $2596.99.. the domain belongs to you.. and they should either give the domain name back or give you thousands and thousands of $$$ in damages.. imo

•••
and didn't refund the $3.99 netsol hosting plan

LoL! What's the thinking behind that? Sets some kind of precedent if they do refund fully?

Teeny tiny passive aggressive FU? :xf.rolleyes:

•••
What would happen if I priced a domain name incorrectly and Network Solutions snapped it up?

I'm sure they'd be eager to reverse the transaction when I noticed, days later, after they already had possession of the name.

I'm SURE this is a two-way street...

Right...?

Maybe it's time we stopped buying shitty domains in every garbage extension that these companies shove down our throats and giving these companies so much power to pull ridiculous stunts like this.

They need to remember that they can't exist without their customers, and maybe they can't exist in their current state without their customers spending millions+ a year on awful speculative names that will never generate a penny in earnings beyond registration fees that prop up these companies and keep them in a position where they can treat their customers so unfairly at every single turn.

Someone finally manages to snag a good name away from them and they're like "Nah, we'll take that back."

The fact that anybody at all can even try to defend this is just unfortunate. This is a very real problem. But it's never going to change as long as people are just okay with it. If they noticed a big influx of domain names being transferred away, I imagine they'd have at least have to spend a SECOND thinking of whether or not it's worth pulling stunts like this, but when there are no consequences at all, it's just going to keep happening.

Instead of putting it in their ToS that they're allowed to steal back a name you've already paid for and have in your account, they could have put a system in place to avoid mis-pricing names in the first place, but why would they bother when there's zero accountability?

Meanwhile at Network Solutions HQ...

"Hey, we might price something wrong sometime, we need to make sure that doesn't happen..."

"No we don't."

"What do you mean? If we price something wrong, we could miss out on hundreds of thousands of dollars..."

"No, it's okay, we'll just take the name back."

"But wouldn't it be better to just put checks and balances in place to make sure everything is priced accurately, and we take some accountability instead of screwing over our buyers?"

"YOU'RE FIRED!!!"

I'd love to see another company take a stand here and offer free transfers from Network Solutions, or at least go on record that they'd handle this situation differently.

It must be nice to be in a position where you can screw up majority and face zero repercussions, if only it worked that way for the rest of us in this business, hey? LOL

Last edited:
•••
Just an update:

I would love to meet you in person just to experience this demeanor of yours.

What are lawyers going to do? There is no getting the name even if you did win a law suit; moreover, what are you suing them for?

Again just because there was an error in the system and this goes with other errors that DOES happens in the domain industry; people like you get their panties in a bunch and want the upper hand on every error that occurs, get over it and move on.

Last edited:
•••
I would love to meet you in person just to experience this demeanor of yours.

What are lawyers going to do? There is no getting the name even if you did win a law suit; moreover, what are you suing them for?

Again just because there was an error in the system and this goes with other errors that DOES happens in the domain industry; people like you get their panties in a bunch and want the upper hand on every error that occurs, get over it and move on.
Someone close told me you sell high valued domains in excess of $100k; this means you could have never have gotten to this point if you don't swindle your way in situations like this; meaning you screw other people over to get want you want.

Seriously dude.... you need to chillax a bit.

One can sell a 100k if its a direct hit or something. I make up a name the next guy wants it and depending on how badly he wants it you have a sale. No swindling or scamming involved.

I agree with you that mistakes happen and one can not always get their way but the statement above is a bit over the top.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back