NameSilo

I bought DomainNames.com from NetworkSolutions, but they took it back.

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by owntype, Feb 16, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO ICA Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. ecomslice

ecomslice Established Member

I am replying to Namescon email regarding my domains accepted, and linking this for clarification to why I will not be dealing with Namescon due to relationship with this issue. I suggest those here do the same.

we are a product of our environment, and a relationship with dishonest dealings will carry the reputation forward.

3. Domain_savvy

Domain_savvy Established Member

Networstsolutions is putting the alleged domain for auction at Namecon with a reserve price of $300000
    domaininvesting.com/network-solutions-list-domainnames-com-in-namescon-auction/

4. ecomslice

NamesCon Rep says there is more to the story. dont believe everything you read on the internet.
    which is unfortunately true, last time I trusted the internet too much I was sending money western Union to the king of Ardabil to release the billion rupees his ancestors left him.

but fact is , we should see the storey of the other side come on here and hash it out with the original poster, but no, they wont, they dont appear on here. just hide and lick the grease off their immoral paws. ( referring to netsol if story is true. )

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  5. lock

lock Traffic.tools VIP

I have paid for many domains on many occasions that were already owned I recieived a refund and moved on. It will likely happen again with registras checking whois etc and not always detecting results being a common error.

6. Internet.Domains

Internet.Domains Top Member VIP

7. voiceofreason

voiceofreason Established Member

Network Solutions made it clear way back in early 2000s that they OWN the domains and end users merely lease them.
    And I'm hearing that they now feel they have carte blanche do whatever they want with the help of the current administration.

"Network Solutions, the oldest and largest registrar of Web domain names, changed its contract in recent months to allow it to take names back--and recent court decisions support that policy.

In a decision that went largely unnoticed in the press, the Virginia Supreme Court ruled 7-2 last month that a domain name "is the product of a contract for services," and not a type of property that a Web site owns."

https://www.cnet.com/news/web-registrars-may-take-back-your-domain-name/

8. Keith

Keith Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I hate netsol and will never keep a single registration on their platform. Let me clarify for google.. network solutions is the worst registrar in existence!

9. alcy

alcy Top Member VIP

seriously? I sure hope its only netsol that has such ridiculous policies in place.. and its not implemented across several or most other registrars.. in a largely unnoticed manner too.

if anyone here owns very valuable domains at netsol.. I guess now would be a good time to get them out of there.

10. ~ The 34 Year Buzz!!

~ The 34 Year Buzz!! Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Namecoin is a cryptocurrency that implements the top level domain .bit, which is independent of ICANN. Namecoin was mentioned by ICANN in a public draft report as the most well-known example of distributing control and privacy in DNS.... Wikipedia

FYI:
    .bit currently needs "a bit of help" to work in most browsers.

11. CJ6

CJ6 My favorite movies are too offensive now. Whimps. VIP

I stay away from them, even with $1 promotions. It's not worth it.

12. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Who said can't believe you read? Because people can certainly believe what @owntype wrote here. So was it a rep from @namescon @GoDaddy or Monte from right of the dot.

Network Solutions mispriced their name, @owntype purchased it, they have in their TOS within a certain time frame (usually first 30 days) they can pull a name back. Go read the TOS of your favorite registrar and read what you are actually agreeing to, it's not a balanced relationship.

Look the bottom line is registrars and marketplaces to a lesser degree have mechanisms in place if something is priced wrong to take back the name. Now if a domain investor makes a mistake those mechanisms are not in place and you would actually need someone to do you a favor. To be fair some absolutely have done favors to help out a domainer in some cases.

This time of year reminds me of a Christmas when @fleaking had Pets.tv taken from him and we spent part of the holiday weekend trying to figure out what happened and what he could do about getting the name back. Long story, short, he didn't get it back. Pets.tv went to Byron Allen and his Entertainment Studios and is actually played on cable tv at certain parts of the week depending on your cable provider.

The crazy part about Pets.tv was Fleaking traded a valuable name of his to the person who actually caught Pets.tv, so Verisign went in and took the name and Fleaking had not even entered into an agreement with them on Pets.tv where the TOS would have played out.

When registrars and aftermarkets screw up, domain investors usually get screwed.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  13. AutoDealer

AutoDealer Established Member

Have you contacted an attorney? I would be filing in court that next day. What's mine is mine period.

14. cillx

cillx Established Member

It seems domainnames.com has been sold on namecon for $370000 USD!

15. Furquah

Furquah Skipper VIP

As I said in another post "NamesCon Organiser" care only about there "commission"

It's sold, commission paid all the things are now past.

16. ecomslice

Highlight of NamesCon stemming from abused industry standards. meh. bleh.

17. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP

Name now belongs to Frank Schiling & Uni, probably one of the top perfect end users.

THE END

18. Shuttlepro

Shuttlepro Top Member VIP

THis happened to me once with Name.com - found a real good one fully pronouncable and short for $25, they had it in the account a few hours then poof took it back without warning or anything, had to fight for a refund even. Lots of crookedness.

19. Dave

Dave Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

What was the name?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!