Dominion.Domains

I bought DomainNames.com from NetworkSolutions, but they took it back.

Discussion in 'Domain Marketplace Reviews' started by owntype, Feb 16, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. MapleDots

MapleDots * * * * * VIP

I'm not sure I like any aspect of this statement even if it was made in jest. Discussing such things will give unscrupulous businesses ideas of how to take advantage of the system even more.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Arca

Arca Active Member VIP

Sounds familiar. Is this much different from how Network Solutions use every little error a registrant can make to snatch their domain asap for themselves aka New Venture Services Corp?

OP bought a domain asset they priced lower than they intended. His gain would therefore be at their expense, which you take issue with.

But large swaths of the NetSol business model is based precisely around profiting at the expense of someone else, namely their own customers. NetSol have a history of taking domains out of users accounts without authorization by the owner, there are even cases where they have taken non-expired domains for themselves from registrants, they frontrun domains and pocket the difference, they hijack domain traffic with their ZTOMY name servers, they use any opportunity to grab domains for New Venture Services Corp (and do the absolute least possible they can to help their users retain their domain ownership - their own interest is always put above that of their customers), lots of cases of unauthorized credit card charges for services not ordered/delivered, I could go on.

NetSol ensure that they always have the upper hand usually at the expense of their own users. OP is trying to defend his legitimate purchase that was listed, bought, paid for, and transferred to his ownership - The transaction completed. His actions seem more justified than the day to day business operation of NetSol.

Domains accidentally get listed for too low prices and sold all the time. The marketplaces don't care that you accidentally listed a domain for a too low price. They don't reverse completed transactions. Would NetSol (or Sedo or Afternic) have let you reverse a domain transaction after it had completed and you'd gotten paid and the domain was with the buyer, if you realized that you accidentally listed the domain for a too low price? They absolutely would not let you do that. So why should NetSol let themselves do what they would not let their users do in the same scenario?

3. HotKey

HotKey Made in Canada VIP

If they are already an unscrupulous business, a scenario like Equity suggested would be TakeAdvantage101 mandatory reading for them.

4. Steven McEvoy

Steven McEvoy I create WordPress websites for cheap VIP

@owntype what was the final conclusion to all of this?

5. owntype

owntype Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

No further update yet.

Netsol issued me another $3.99 refund yesterday (the enclosed shared hosting package when I ordered DomainNames.com)

That VP of Web.com still haven't sent me email yet.

I have created the support ticket at the day when I posted this thread. No answer update from Netsol, and they closed my support ticket, I reopened it, then they closed it again.

6. 1Darko

1Darko Active Member VIP

What a shame!

7. mr-x

mr-x Acme Domains Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

If were talking morals, a more accurate analogy might be..

I buy a ring at a yard sale for for $50. When the owner realizes it was a diamond ring worth $10,000, she takes it out of my house but doesn't tell me and keeps my $50.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  8. Steven McEvoy

These types of business should be reported and no longer in business

9. rafaelo0

rafaelo0 Established Member

@owntype i been busy but got a mail from domaning.com today when thats when i notice in the "domaning news" section a article about domainnames.com (at least this subject is getting some attention).

"A vice president of Web.com gave me a call last night, he told me he would like to appologize for this matter personally (I do appreciate his attitute). And he mentioned that there was a technical issue in their system, this domain name should never been listed for sale nor can be transferred, there should have been a registrar lock. But they have to reverse this domain name to their control and he talked about compensation suggestions. I told him that I prefer to talk about this via email and he told me he would send me an email. But I didn’t receive any email yet, maybe this is weekend."

Lol so the vice president of web.com gave you a call, thats at least something but IMHO they only did this because they know you have a case and they are in the wrong.

They talked about compensation suggestions of course they did when a lawsuit is maybe on the way and they probably are on the lossing side they can't run fast enought to talk about compensation suggestions but if they were in the winning side you would never heard about that "compensation suggestions" myth.

What do you have to do with their "technical issue in their system" and that "this domain name should never been listed for sale nor can be transferred, there should have been a registrar lock" this was their mistake not yours and they have plenty of money to fix those "technical issue in their system" so they should start to empty their pockets to fix those big problems but in my eyes you have all right to own that domain why should you pay for their issues?

I'm a bit sick of seeing and hearing about this big companies playing "dirty" and trying to screw the little guys all the time.

I completly agree with @Steven McEvoy

@owntype seek the best lawyer you can find and see what he has to say, if he says you have a solid case go for it, in the mean time don't accept any compensation suggestions before you talk to your lawyer.

Thats just my 2 cents of opinion.

I'm really tired of this attitudes from certain registrars.

I would get emotional if i was in your situation and even if i didn't had a solid case i would still see them in court, i know this depends on many factores and i could lose and be in worst situation but at least i tried.

10. DomainCairn

DomainCairn Upgraded Member Blue Account

peername.com check it out

11. Haris

Haris Best Domainer Of The End-Times VIP

12. Steven McEvoy

13. owntype

Thank you for the suggestions! @rafaelo0
    Thank you for the link, I was on a business travel, will check this thread tonight @Haris

No any news yet, they just kept ignoring my inquiries and support tickets. I will update once I get any news later. Thank you for helping me spreading this on social media.

14. Dave

Dave Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Sue them. Imagine if a multi billion dollar company had purchased domainnames.com, Network Solutions would be quaking in their boots at taking it back.

In the UK at least, any advertised price must be what that item is sold for and that is the law. Not sure if it is the same in the US.

15. Arca

Arca Active Member VIP

They will probably just ignore you until you give up. They got their domain back and gave you a refund. They're done with this incident. They don't have a reputation to save so they don't care. You need much stronger ammo than measly support tickets if you want to get anywhere with this.

16. Steven McEvoy

Agreeed you need to share your story and blast socia media more then daily!

17. tiawood

tiawood Quality Names. Reseller Prices. VIP

OP purchased a top quality name and all he got was a $1.99 coupon.

18. Josh R

Josh R Owner of BrandConsultants.com & TheDomainBlog.com PRO Blue Account VIP

19. bashariqbal

bashariqbal Established Member

Any update @owntype ?
    When first I saw your signature I thought you got the name back so looked for this this thread and realized you did not.

20. owntype

Hi, no update, Netsol simply keeps silence and ignores all the support tickets.
    I acquired the singular version though.

21. Steven McEvoy

Court time!

22. Dave

Dave Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I remember reading that thread all those years ago! Yep it was crazy. Different times back then. I was hand registering 5N .com's and chips. Bidding on 4N.com's only up to mid $xxx max. Of course at the time nobody had a clue there'd be a big boom for them one day.

23. Jasonn

Jasonn Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Probably cost you a lot more.

24. Rory Ivey

Rory Ivey Upgraded Member Blue Account VIP

If the purchase was legitimate and completed, then you are the new owner.

If they take back the name, then t should be treated as a "Stolen Name"...

an you file a UDRP?
    Or go to court.

The name should be valued more but that's their error.

It's crazy you own domainname.com too.... Nice

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!