Dynadot

I bought DomainNames.com from NetworkSolutions, but they took it back.

NameSilo
Watch
Hi, guys

I'm the buyer of DomainNames.com, I did the search via NetworkSolutions.com on 12.Feb, and found it's in their premium domain name lists with a very bargin price $2,577 (yes, it's a big bargain but a deal is a deal). Then I ordered it and paid via credit card.

This domain name is under control of New Ventures Services Corp and everyone knows it is NetworkSolutions/Web.com's warehousing company. All their domain names will be listed as premium domain names for sale on NetworkSolutions.com.

Once I made my order, Netsol sent me a order confirmation email. After 3 days, Networksolutions pushed the domain name into my Netsol account with a confirmation email to notify that my order has been completed, and I have the full control on it. I changed the DNS to my own hosting account.

But NetSol has removed it from my account today without any notifications nor explaination.

I will update further later.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
re-tweeted - hope this works out for you. Far too many sharks about

•••
Posted the ticket # to twitter - maybe they will contact you soon.

Did not post your acct # and you may want to remove that from your NP post before the time to edit is up.

•••
•••
WTF Domains@wtfdomains Tweeted back at them

The boycott Web.com/NetSol/Registe… campaign could shortly be on the way.

•••

I think it's already been under way for some time now due to their business practices, but it certainly is about to intensify.

•••
Posted the ticket # to twitter - maybe they will contact you soon.

Did not post your acct # and you may want to remove that from your NP post before the time to edit is up.

Yeah remove account number, you will get the name back and then get hacked.

•••
This is heating up. Hope you get the name back.

•••
Network Solutions is a shady registrar. Unfortunately, as per the below terms and conditions, the OP may not receive his domain name.

In addition, you acknowledge and agree that we reserve the right to reject or cancel your Premium Domain Name registration for any reason including, but not limited to, any pricing errors. In the event your Premium Domain Name registration is rejected or cancelled, for any reason, we will refund in full the amount of the purchase price for the Premium Domain Name as your sole remedy hereunder.

ftp://ftp.networksolutions.com/partners/Agreements/NetworkSolutionsServiceAgreement.pdf

Last edited:
•••
@owntype You should inform law enforcement an file criminal charges!

•••
Network Solutions is a shady registrar. Unfortunately, as per the below terms and conditions, you may not receive your domain name.

In addition, you acknowledge and agree that we reserve the right to reject or cancel your Premium Domain Name registration for any reason including, but not limited to, any pricing errors. In the event your Premium Domain Name registration is rejected or cancelled, for any reason, we will refund in full the amount of the purchase price for the Premium Domain Name as your sole remedy hereunder.

ftp://ftp.networksolutions.com/partners/Agreements/NetworkSolutionsServiceAgreement.pdf

They didn’t even refund him

•••
@owntype - I think it might be worth 5 minutes for you to setup a twitter account. Seems the department that operates their social media accounts is taking this pretty seriously and they might be your best contact to get this resolved quickly.

Hi, Michael

Just recovered my twitter password. Twitter id: @picle
I have an id, but have 0 experience with twitter, but I'll try my best to figure out how to use it.

Thank you!

btw: thanks all, the netsol account id removed.

•••
You have to be kidding me- these NetSol people are making out to have interest in the matter just because they are outed on a public platform. Owntype specifically said he created a direct ticket through his account at Network Solutions, why should he be expected to open a Twitter account to deal with this via third-party?

Nice to communications being opened up via Twitter, sure, but IMO its just ridiculous that a social media platform has more sway than an account holder. What a facade by these corps.

•••
They didn’t even refund him

Of course, they will refund him eventually. But, IMO, they will not release the domain name back to him. However, I wish the OP gets back his domain name.

Last edited:
•••

They replied to the boycott tweet.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We have advised the appropriate teams and they are looking into it.^ap

•••
Network Solutions is a shady registrar. Unfortunately, as per the below terms and conditions, you may not receive your domain name.

Yeah that's what they will stick to and probably use it to keep the domain name.

•••
That price is to good to be true. However, a deal is a deal and they should honor it. If they listed a domain like that at a huge loss, too bad for them. They should have checked their listings. Perhaps it's on purpose and they are just "fishing" to create buzz for the domain which is exactly what has happened. I know I've heard of the same thing happening with another known big portfolio/company. I won't share the name because it didn't happen to me but to someone I know. Coincidence? Not sure about that...

•••
Unfortunately @owntype this is all you need to know about this transaction! If this was in their Terms of Service and you checked the box and/or accepted the terms of service, you won't have much recourse.
Sorry they wasted your time like this, but you won't be getting the name back, in my opinion!

•••
•••
@owntype You should inform law enforcement an file criminal charges!
It’s a civil case they won’t touch it, they don’t even arrest people for trespassing anymore, or respond to alarms. I believe he is overseas also.

I’m sure they will consult legal before replying to him, most likely have words in TOS to justify what they have done, even though it is not right.

Last edited:
•••
I spent like a whole weekend one year trying to help member @fleaking Verisign took Pets.tv out of his account to give to Byron Allen and his ES.tv and we put a lot of pressure but they kept the name using the TOS. They used the first 30 day rule.

•••
Unfortunately @owntype this is all you need to know about this transaction! If this was in their Terms of Service and you checked the box and/or accepted the terms of service, you won't have much recourse.
Sorry they wasted your time like this, but you won't be getting the name back, in my opinion!

True true, they don’t have to go through with the transaction but it looks bad on them. Social media can destroy any business no matter how big. If this is the type of business they want to be titled as, that can bring danger to their business, specially being on social media.

•••
I haven't used netsol in over a decade.

Sounds like they have a rep for the shady / slippery.

Looks like they pick the wrong buyer to stiff.

All other shady registrars should take notice and clean up too.

Cann :) Icann sanction / penalize them?

•••
True true, they don’t have to go through with the transaction but it looks bad on them. Social media can destroy any business no matter how big. If this is the type of business they want to be titled as, that can bring danger to their business, specially being on social media.

They don't need social media flamers to bring down their rep, they do a good enough job on their own!

•••
It’s a civil case they won’t touch it, they don’t even arrest people for trespassing anymore, or respond to alarms. I believe he is overseas also.

I’m sure they will consult legal before replying to him, most likely have words in TOS to justify what they have done, even though it is not right.
Believe me that if every customer with similar cases would file criminal charges that sooner or later this kind of business would come to an end.

•••
too bad you couldn`t transfer out. Then you would be safe.

•••
Back