Dynadot

I bought DomainNames.com from NetworkSolutions, but they took it back.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi, guys

I'm the buyer of DomainNames.com, I did the search via NetworkSolutions.com on 12.Feb, and found it's in their premium domain name lists with a very bargin price $2,577 (yes, it's a big bargain but a deal is a deal). Then I ordered it and paid via credit card.

This domain name is under control of New Ventures Services Corp and everyone knows it is NetworkSolutions/Web.com's warehousing company. All their domain names will be listed as premium domain names for sale on NetworkSolutions.com.

Once I made my order, Netsol sent me a order confirmation email. After 3 days, Networksolutions pushed the domain name into my Netsol account with a confirmation email to notify that my order has been completed, and I have the full control on it. I changed the DNS to my own hosting account.

But NetSol has removed it from my account today without any notifications nor explaination.

I will update further later.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sales that do not work out and get refunded because they are too good to be true happen few times a week for people over at say afternic.. with their wide partnership networks where domains with buynow prices get forgotten overtime or change hands without being removed from networks etc.. so the idea behind this situation is not uncommon. however, if the domain gets transfered to new owner, and then removed.. then that should be a different story.

when buying a too good to be true domain deal like this... I'd be prepared for rejection and failure in the end.. so if it happened, my suprise factor or disappointment would not be particularly vicious... just because I am big fan of saying.. if too good to be true.. then it is not true.

but.. I do understand where the op is coming from.. and I hope this netsolGate gets solved in his favor.

gl

•••
Believe me that if every customer with similar cases would file criminal charges that sooner or later this kind of business would come to an end.
Apparently it has because these guys been doing this for years, before you used to be able to move network domains out right away, now 60 day lock when bought from NameJet. I am just wondering if he would have been able to transfer out, of if they applied a 60 day lock for change of account. If he got it out, I would be amazed to see how far they were willing to reach to claim it back.

I just sold a domain for $10k, and guess what end user took it to net sol, lol, they never learn their lesson.

Over the years so many people have had domains that were on auto renew, and still valid just slipped out of their account. This one they knew was a screw up, and we all know why they did it, but sometimes you have to eat it, but only in the domain business do playground rules still apply in take backs.

I am very sure they have something in their TOS to cover this, they would be crazy not to given the way they operate.

Last edited:
•••
That is very shameful.

Is there nothing the domainers can do for this guy?

•••
Network Solutions is a shady registrar. Unfortunately, as per the below terms and conditions, the OP may not receive his domain name.

In addition, you acknowledge and agree that we reserve the right to reject or cancel your Premium Domain Name registration for any reason including, but not limited to, any pricing errors. In the event your Premium Domain Name registration is rejected or cancelled, for any reason, we will refund in full the amount of the purchase price for the Premium Domain Name as your sole remedy hereunder.

ftp://ftp.networksolutions.com/partners/Agreements/NetworkSolutionsServiceAgreement.pdf

That's good to know! Thanks.

•••
I spent like a whole weekend one year trying to help member @fleaking Verisign took Pets.tv out of his account to give to Byron Allen and his ES.tv and we put a lot of pressure but they kept the name using the TOS. They used the first 30 day rule.

Glad to know that you are the one who helped @fleaking , he's a good friend of mine, but at that time I'm not into domaining yet. We just talked about that pets.tv case on skype yesterday.

•••
Apparently it has because these guys been doing this for years, before you used to be able to move network domains out right away, now 60 day lock when bought from NameJet. I am just wondering if he would have been able to transfer out, of if they applied a 60 day lock for change of account. If he got it out, I would be amazed to see how far they were willing to reach to claim it back.

I just sold a domain for $10k, and guess what end user took it to net sol, lol, they never learn their lesson.

Over the years so many people have had domains that were on auto renew, and still valid just slipped out of their account. This one they knew was a screw up, and we all know why they did it, but sometimes you have to eat it, but only in the domain business do playground rules still apply in take backs.

I am very sure they have something in their TOS to cover this, they would be crazy not to given the way they operate.
The TOS can not be above the law. This is an operating business and the transaction completed. I doubt that the TOS would withstand in court. Not to mention in which way the domain disapeared from the account without any notification as stated by OP. No - this is not covered with any TOS.

•••
Unfortunately I don't think you have a case. A good lawyer will use your knowledge as an experienced domain investor against you. They will say because of your knowledge that there is no way you would ever think that was the correct price for the domain. Then they'll do all their lawyer blah blah blah and it will be over. Definitely spend a couple hundred and consult with a good lawyer before you throw a bunch of money at the case.

•••
sales that do not work out and get refunded because they are too good to be true happen few times a week for people over at say afternic.. with their wide partnership networks where domains with buynow prices get forgotten overtime or change hands without being removed from networks etc.. so the idea behind this situation is not uncommon. however, if the domain gets transfered to new owner, and then removed.. then that should be a different story.

when buying a too good to be true domain deal like this... I'd be prepared for rejection and failure in the end.. so if it happened, my suprise factor or disappointment would not be particularly vicious... just because I am big fan of saying.. if too good to be true.. then it is not true.

but.. I do understand where the op is coming from.. and I hope this netsolGate gets solved in his favor.

gl
Although this is true - the case should be different when the marketplace and seller are one in the same.

"Should" being the keyword.

•••
The TOS can not be above the law. This is an operating business and the transaction completed. I doubt that the TOS would withstand in court. Not to mention in which way the domain disapeared from the account without any notification as stated by OP. No - this is not covered with any TOS.
TOS is a legal disclaimer, and contract you agree to, and what nobody reads it would be one of the first pieces of evidences net sol would present in a court case. It has everything to do with it, we agree it’s not right, but many things big corps do to the little guy aren’t right, we just keep taking it.

Off topic JP Morgan has only had 9 losing trading days in the past 5 years, Wall Street hasn’t been right for years, but we keep taking it.

•••
•••
The practice of a registry clawing a domain back because they priced it incorrectly is wrong even if they legally covered their ### in a TOS.

In any other industry it would seem like an insane practice...

Imagine buying (not financing) a car. A week later you notice the car isn't in the driveway. You call the dealer and they say they had priced it wrong so they sent a towtruck and took it back. Don't worry though - because your refund of the full purchase price is in the mail.

•••
TOS is a legal disclaimer, and contract you agree to, and what nobody reads it would be one of the first pieces of evidences net sol would present in a court case. It has everything to do with it, we agree it’s not right, but many things big corps do to the little guy aren’t right, we just keep taking it.

Off topic JP Morgan has only had 9 losing trading days in the past 5 years, Wall Street hasn’t been right for years, but we keep taking it.
Every business is liable, especially if they received money and transfered the goods to the customer. In case that criminal activities are involved even jailtime is not excluded. Therefor law enforcement should be informed everytime until it sums up and then it's game over.

•••
The practice of a registry clawing a domain back because they priced it incorrectly is wrong even if they legally covered their ### in a TOS.

Imagine buying (not financing) a car. A week later you notice the car isn't in the driveway. You call the dealer and they say they had priced it wrong so they sent a towtruck and took it back. Don't worry though - because your refund of the full purchase price is in the mail.
There have been thousands of new gtlds clawed back, godaddy did it, enom did it, eve

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/dealer...-for-more-money-days-after-purchase-1.3686262

Last edited:
•••
domainnames.com should worth $XX,XXX

•••
Someone is about to lose their job at NV either way. While I commiserate with your frustration, the listed price in no way represents the true value of this domain, that has been in the possession of corporate Netsol since 2004. So whoever included it in a for sale list at $2,500 screwed up. Has Netsol/NV contacted you with an official response and reason about the reversal?

•••
There have been thousands of new gtlds clawed back, godaddy did it, enom did it,

Anybody else seeing a pattern / trend? 😎

Last edited:
•••
domainnames.com should worth $XX,XXX
I think an important factor to watch for is if they put it back up for sale, which if they do, I think he might have a legal case, if they shelf it, then their legal team would be directing them to go defensive in case of legal challenge, which from their standpoint would be the smart thing to do at this point, now they are exposed.

I don’t think they care to much about theirn PR, probably offer him a $9.95 domain registration coupon, and sweep it under the rug.

Last edited:
•••
I think an important factor to watch for is if they put it back up for sale, which if they do, I think he might have a legal case, if they shelf it, then their legal team would be directing them to go defensive in case of legal challenge, which from their standpoint would be the smart thing to do at this point, now they are exposed:

Aw geez, you just jinxed it! You figure they are reading the 2 threads about this.

If the internet had stayed mum about this sale and owntype had transfered it away, I wunder if NetWurstSolutions would have taken legal action to get the name back?

Last edited:
•••
There have been thousands of new gtlds clawed back, godaddy did it, enom did it, eve

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/mobile/dealer...-for-more-money-days-after-purchase-1.3686262
Because it happens - does not make it right.

And on the auto story:
"The issue has been resolved,” said Chow. “They are dropping all pursuit of the money and apologized for what has happened."

So seems that once attention was brought to the matter the dealership did the right thing and honored the original contract - which is what NetSol should do here.

•••

And on the auto story:
"The issue has been resolved,” said Chow. “They are dropping all pursuit of the money and apologized for what has happened."

So seems that once attention was brought to the matter the dealership did the right thing and honored the original contract - which is what NetSol should do here.
There's a big difference in honoring a $1,750 car price mistake and honoring a $100,000 domain price mistake. It's not even close to being in the same realm.

•••
Someone is about to lose their job at NV either way. While I commiserate with your frustration, the listed price in no way represents the true value of this domain, that has been in the possession of corporate Netsol since 2004. So whoever included it in a for sale list at $2,500 screwed up. Has Netsol/NV contacted you with an official response and reason about the reversal?

Hi, no one has contacted me NOR sending any notification in Netsol system regarding their action.
No refund either.
Simply removed it from my netsol account sliently.

•••
There's a big difference in honoring a $1,750 car price mistake and honoring a $100,000 domain price mistake. It's not even close to being in the same realm.
But if you were to have made the pricing mistake, received payment and pushed the domain to the buyers account - do you think a registry would let you recover the domain?

•••

And on the auto story:

Lol nobody said any of this is right, this kind of stuff happens everyday, and corps try to sweep it under the rug daily. Hope for a better outcome, but greed is an ugly thing.

•••
Simply removed it from my netsol account sliently.

This is the sly thing to do - no admission of error so you can't use their words against them - but they also have the flexibility to just magically put it back with no audit trail...and not even have to apologize...

Last edited:
•••
But if you were to have made the pricing mistake, received payment and pushed the domain to the buyers account - do you think a registry would let you recover the domain?
Some do for simple hand regs, but premium purchase, outside of escrows inspection period doubtful.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back