Domain Empire

.mobi I am making serious money with my .mobi's

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi mobi fans and mobi haters, i have some encouraging news.

I have started to make alot of money from my .mobi's.

I have worked out a concept that is new as far as i believe, and not even .coms are doing what i am doing.

In the last 3 weeks i have made £1,350.00 off 1 .mobi only.

So all i got to say to all the domainers that has slagged off .mobi is that the got it wrong and i am making money off my .mobi's

:wave: I hope the humble pie tastes nice

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So you are hyping mobi and at least you admit the reason.
:lol: When will ANYONE admit that? Not the .mobi / .tv / .asia / .tel crowd for sure. :p

Umm...I know at least one thing that would satisfy me personally. PROOF. I know it's a lot to ask for from a mobi investor so I won't be waiting around for it.
You're asking for too much.... Proof has NEVER been a .mobi enthusiasts strong point, will never be either.

95% of my domains are .mobis. Who needs .com
:D :D :D With that nick, we'll believe anything, including the fact that .mobi's are actually WMDs.

I do not have to reveal any of my facts until i am ready. Does KFC reveal their secret ingrediants? I dont think so.
No, but with KFC they sell chicken, looks like chicken, smells like chicken and tastes like chicken. In this case it looks and smells like BS, I'll pass on the tasting, you have fun w/ it. :)

•••
I am willing to bet your idea isn't new at all but it's most likely simply applying an existing method to mobi domains. There aren't a whole lot of ways to make money online that are a secret. Just about every method has been discussed openly on webmaster sites for years now.

Then you have your answer and you just need to put those methods to good use. I hope you make lots of money :)

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

You're asking for too much.... Proof has NEVER been a .mobi enthusiasts strong point, will never be either.

I can certainly provide proof of earnings.. it is just a question of how much this information is worth :D

•••
I mention it only to re-enforce noonoo1's point - ie that its possible to make good money from developed .mobi domains.

No one is disputing that. But here we have a guy saying he has an easy and repeatable method that's geared toward mobi.
His own words:
I have started to make alot of money from my .mobi's.

I have worked out a concept that is new as far as i believe, and not even .coms are doing what i am doing.

Then you have your answer and you just need to put those methods to good use. I hope you make lots of money

I have an Alexa 11k site. I been a successful developer for a decade. That's not really the point of this discussion though. OP claims a "new" method to make money from mobi that even .com's aren't doing.

Again..that's what he is telling us. Do you really believe it? Or are you also so entranced by the idea itself you are willing to take a leap of faith?

Blind faith imho is always a bad idea especially in business.

•••
No one is disputing that. But here we have a guy saying he has an easy and repeatable method that's geared toward mobi.

I have an Alexa 11k site. I been a successful developer for a decade. That's not really the point of this discussion though. OP claims a "new" method to make money from mobi that even .com's aren't doing.

Again..that's what he is telling us. Do you really believe it? Or are you also so entranced by the idea itself you are willing to take a leap of faith?

Blind faith imho is always a bad idea especially in business.

Congratulations on having an 11k rating site in Alexa and for your longevity in development. I knew you had a lot of experience and with that in mind I, not noonoo1, posted "Then you have your answer and you just need to put those methods to good use. I hope you make lots of money" as I thought that you would have the expertise and knowledge to know how to monetize domains and also dot mobi's for which I was genuinely pleased for you.

Personally speaking I have known noonoo1 for a long while and have done good business with him. I trust his honesty and his integrity and he has no reason to bvllshit me or anyone else. There will be the doubters out there as there always are but I trust his motives and his word. If he says he has found a way, then he has found a way and good luck to him. Why can't you just be happy for him and congratulate him... it's because you are all greedy sons of bitches jealous of him seeing the light when all you see is the doom and gloom lol

•••
Shockie...that's pretty low sir. Maybe a post edit is in order.

Personally speaking I have known noonoo1 for a long while and have done good business with him. I trust his honesty and his integrity and he has no reason to bvllshit me or anyone else.

You might have wanted to give that sentiment earlier in the thread. Seriously. I just have a hard time trusting people on the internet. There are a lot of BS'ers. And yes..this doesn't mean what he is saying has validity but hey...if a trusted NPers wants to extend them some trust then I can certainly waive some issues I have with his assertions.

So peace out. This looks like it's about to take an ugly turn and I am going to step aside.

•••
You might have wanted to give that sentiment earlier in the thread.

Labrocca I didn't think I needed to as this is namepros... Where everyone who has been here for awhile and has done business here, has been welcomed warmly into the flock as a trusted and respected member. Fair enough, if they screw someone over then so be it, they made their choices, but I don't see anywhere that noonoo1 has not been fair, honest and a man of integrity throughout his time here to warrant such a lambasting.

Seriously. I just have a hard time trusting people on the internet. There are a lot of BS'ers. And yes..this doesn't mean what he is saying has validity but hey...if a trusted NPers wants to extend them some trust then I can certainly waive some issues I have with his assertions.

That's completely understood as there are some little shits out there on the net, but this is namepros and we have been on here long enough to know that time served counts for something :)

And yes..this doesn't mean what he is saying has validity but hey...if a trusted NPers wants to extend them some trust then I can certainly waive some issues I have with his assertions.

Thank you sir :)

•••
And yes..this doesn't mean what he is saying has validity but hey...if a trusted NPers wants to extend them some trust then I can certainly waive some issues I have with his assertions.

So peace out.

That's fair, labrocca.

That's 3 of us - who all have had a lot of dealings with noonoo1, over time - who have posted in this thread that, from what we know of him, we believe he has integrity - and we believe his word on this.

Not proof, of course - but, certainly solid endorsement that he's unlikely to be a BS'er...

•••
I think that some people would disagree with that , after the demise of the Whypark thread.
Labrocca I didn't think I needed to as this is namepros... Where everyone who has been here for awhile and has done business here, has been welcomed warmly into the flock as a trusted and respected member. Fair enough, if they screw someone over then so be it, they made their choices, but I don't see anywhere that noonoo1 has not been fair, honest and a man of integrity throughout his time here to warrant such a lambasting.

That's completely understood as there are some little shits out there on the net, but this is namepros and we have been on here long enough to know that time served counts for something :)

Thank you sir :)

•••
Shockie what you have said is totally out of order and very disrespectful.

Scandi has always shown respect, honour, strength in character and politeness to all.

I would like to thank Scandi, Newton and DomainTalker for their support.

I would like to chat to you guys first, skype or phoneline, just pm me or email me your contact details and times i can call.

I will then email you guys the details of my concept and how its working.

Thanks for all your support.

•••
I find it very interesting that you are prepared to share your secret with other selected friends ( 8 that you mention ). This will either increase your competition 8 fold, or if your disclosure will not affect your competition ( and therefore your profits ) then it reinforces the argument that you have started a teasing thread. By your own admission, only certain .mobi names will work with your method, and with the amount of revenue at stake, anyone with any business sense would have regged them all before giving out details of the method. This leaves the majority of .mobi names not suitable for your method, so how will this help the majority of .mobi investors, and .mobi extension in general ? Maybe I missed something ?

•••
I think that some people would disagree with that , after the demise of the Whypark thread.

I don't know anything about whypark, but I presume it is a parking company? A link would have been nice, but IF I was to park any names then it would be at fabulous.com :)

•••
Scandi has always shown respect, honour, strength in character and politeness to all.

That's going a bit too far. :)

Well I guess this is a secret we may never know. The "mystery mobi monetizing" thread. Sort of like a Scooby Doo episode in here.

•••
I know things can get a bit heated at times but please try to keep things polite moving forward. The post questioning Scandiman's character was uncalled for and has been deleted.

•••
I find it very interesting that you are prepared to share your secret with other selected friends ( 8 that you mention ). This will either increase your competition 8 fold, or if your disclosure will not affect your competition ( and therefore your profits ) then it reinforces the argument that you have started a teasing thread. By your own admission, only certain .mobi names will work with your method, and with the amount of revenue at stake, anyone with any business sense would have regged them all before giving out details of the method. This leaves the majority of .mobi names not suitable for your method, so how will this help the majority of .mobi investors, and .mobi extension in general ? Maybe I missed something ?

Noonoo1 doesn't have to share anything with anyone and the fact that he has decided to share his venture with others whom he trusts is admirable and I would also say very noble. No one person can have all of the domains especially given the sheer amount of registrations / purchases of dot mobi domains which are still going on. Who knows perhaps you have a pertinent name in your account and you are unaware of this as am I ? Don't hate the player, hate the game :)

Let me reiterate for the hard of hearing.. parking will do NOTHING for dot mobi domains and you will end up renewing each year, holding onto the desperate hope that someone with a big bag of cash will come along and buy your dot mobi names... its NOT happening!! unless you scored a great generic keyword.

You can earn money and a lot of it from dot mobi's each and every month, but you need to get off your arse and develop them into something more meaningful than a linklist.

Mobile traffic earns money, so the best way to start out is to grab a FREE wordpress blog from wordpress.org, get yourself some cheap hosting at hostgator ($7.95 a month baby hosting / unlimited domains I believe) or somewhere else that offers cheap virtual hosting.

Grab some plugins to add into the site and the one to get in particular is the wordpress mobile plugin from The dotMobi WordPress Mobile Pack | mobiForge which will split your traffic into pc and mobile traffic. You can then put pc banners on the pc portion of the wordpress and mobile banners on the mobile templates all linked through to relevant mobile affiliate programs.

Themes can be obtained free from here WordPress › Free WordPress Themes

IF you don't want to go down the wordpress route then there is an alternative where you can redirect your mobile traffic to a site that can monetize it, whether its gambling, ringtones, wallpapers or whatever.. there are a lot of companies out there and even some that will buy your mobile traffic directly, so do some research of your own to find out, what suits you and your keyword mobi names.

To put a redirect on your non wordpress site that will redirect the mobile traffic can be obtained here
Detect Mobile Browsers - Mobile User Agent Detection Andy Moore's script works very well indeed.

Now as to the money that can be earned... this has nothing to do with noonoo1 whatsoever and this is my earnings from dot mobi. This is consistently over $7k a month just from earnings of a single dot mobi domain, not sales, not leases... earnings!

You can either carry on bleating about how bad things are or get off your arse and do something about it :)

Last edited:
•••
That's going a bit too far. :)

:hehe: It would be a stretch to say that you and I have always remained polite, but I think we're doing much better lately.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

I know things can get a bit heated at times but please try to keep things polite moving forward. The post questioning Scandiman's character was uncalled for and has been deleted.

Thanks Reece, and thanks to everyone for your support in this matter

•••
Hi Newton,
I don't hate the player or the game, in fact it is refreshing to hear that people are doing well for their efforts.
With your earnings from 1 domain, it seems that you already know the secret of making money with .mobi
However, with the snippets of info provided by the OP about his secret method, I think my comments and observations are reasonably accurate.

•••
I will then email you guys the details of my concept and how its working.

1 word.

DONT!

The only reason people sell/tell there secret methods of making money is because they no longer work.

And they have had all there going to get out of it.

when i find a way of making some qucik (legal :) ) Money i keep it to myself.Make as much as humanly possible and move on.

No point sharing with people youve never met in real life :)
Keep it to yourself and enjoy. While it lasts.

•••
I have just registered travell.mobi and not getting any great feedback although estibot reckons its worth over $200, any takers? lol

•••
Hi Newton,
I don't hate the player or the game, in fact it is refreshing to hear that people are doing well for their efforts.
With your earnings from 1 domain, it seems that you already know the secret of making money with .mobi
However, with the snippets of info provided by the OP about his secret method, I think my comments and observations are reasonably accurate.

Thank you for the kind words and the op did at least offer snippets :)

•••
•••
he this is the very danger .....mobi......
I'm deadly serious, this model is working for me using .mobi

I will continue to update this thread with the amount of money I'm making from .mobi

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

he .........this is the very danger .....mobi......
I'm deadly serious, this model is working for me using .mobi

I will continue to update this thread with the amount of money I'm making from .mobi

•••
There's something strange about OP's claim; I think these are worth repeating:

If your idea is so great and can be used on any mobi domain then your winning formula can't be diminished by others knowing about it.

I just can't understand why you think you hold some secret that if revealed will lower your earnings.

•••
After reading all 7 pages for last 30 minutes, I am not sure what I got out of this thread. I don't expect him to disclose the formula but at least some direction/pointers for mobi fans to to develop their domains.

best Regards

•••
I've seen his site. It makes good business sense. It also makes good business sense that he doesn't tell what is going on. And no, it is not an adult site.

Personally, the best I can offer everyone is this - get a good business plan. Build your site on a .mobi if you want. The keywords are cheaper, non-domainer end users usually think .mobi (two letters short of mobile) makes sense, and they tell their friends.

I continue to see .mobi as a reasonably priced way for small business owners to reach a global audience - if they have a sound business with something to sell. In the short term, I expect aftermarket value to continue to be low.

My take on this thread is that the OP wants .mobi investors to know that .mobi is not valueless if used properly. Maybe he also likes the arguments, who knows.

•••
Coast - thans for post.

One clearification , are you saying flower keyword on .mobi website will be cheeper then .com website
thx

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back