IT.COM

.mobi I am making serious money with my .mobi's

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi mobi fans and mobi haters, i have some encouraging news.

I have started to make alot of money from my .mobi's.

I have worked out a concept that is new as far as i believe, and not even .coms are doing what i am doing.

In the last 3 weeks i have made £1,350.00 off 1 .mobi only.

So all i got to say to all the domainers that has slagged off .mobi is that the got it wrong and i am making money off my .mobi's

:wave: I hope the humble pie tastes nice

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks Coast.

Another one sold.:wave: and thats not even trying.

Thats another $455.00

:wave:

I've seen his site. It makes good business sense. It also makes good business sense that he doesn't tell what is going on. And no, it is not an adult site.

Personally, the best I can offer everyone is this - get a good business plan. Build your site on a .mobi if you want. The keywords are cheaper, non-domainer end users usually think .mobi (two letters short of mobile) makes sense, and they tell their friends.

I continue to see .mobi as a reasonably priced way for small business owners to reach a global audience - if they have a sound business with something to sell. In the short term, I expect aftermarket value to continue to be low.

My take on this thread is that the OP wants .mobi investors to know that .mobi is not valueless if used properly. Maybe he also likes the arguments, who knows.

•••
Thanks Coast.

Thats another $455.00

You sold a .mobi domain for £455.00 ? or some service or product via a .mobi website ?

•••
You sold a .mobi domain for £455.00 ? or some service or product via a .mobi website ?

A product via a .mobi site.

•••
Hi,
I'm glad to see your success. Keep it up and good luck.

•••
I am not sure, why this bs topic is not closed yet.

Imagine tens of garbage topics, where the authors claim to make money on .mobis, .mes, .whatevers.

It is fine not to share "how-to", if it is verifiable. If it is not verifiable, it should be required that the author makes the topic constructive and useful.

But like this, it is a door open for scams, when most naive domainers will tend to write private messages and could be lured into a scam.

•••

Imagine tens of garbage topics, where the authors claim to make money on .mobis, .mes, .whatevers.

Please no flaming. You are insulting me.

It is fine not to share "how-to", if it is verifiable. If it is not verifiable, it should be required that the author makes the topic constructive and useful.

Its been shown to a few .mobi investors and the sites in question

But like this, it is a door open for scams, when most naive domainers will tend to write private messages and could be lured into a scam.

I have not sent 1 pm selling or scamming my idea but i've had a lot of offers. All of these i have been refused.

I understand your concerns and any feelings you have about these lowlife scammers.

•••

yes, it's a shame to see people pump and dump speculative extensions that provide less value than the extensions that already exist. it's happened before, it's still happening now, and unfortunately it will probably continue to happen in the future.

but before this thread is closed, perhaps we can rename it "i am making serious money with my dell/hp/etc" because really, without a computer, i don't think that this recuperation plan could have worked.

•••
Thanks Coast.

Thats another $455.00

What does $455.00 mean? Is it $455.00 REVENUE or $455.00 PROFIT?

•••
i think he just made $455 revenue (not profit) for providing a service (i.e., making a website).

it's like making a website called superblo.gs and then developing a brand around the term "superblog" etc., and then selling the whole thing for $1000. basically all of the value is in the development, not the domain itself.

also, it makes very little sense for a developed website to make a mobile one via .mobi, since m.valueddomain.com will help much more since it already has equity.

•••
i think he just made $455 revenue (not profit) for providing a service (i.e., making a website).

it's like making a website called superblo.gs and then developing a brand around the term "superblog" etc., and then selling the whole thing for $1000. basically all of the value is in the development, not the domain itself.

also, it makes very little sense for a developed website to make a mobile one via .mobi, since m.valueddomain.com will help much more since it already has equity.

Hi Shockie,
Surely this can't be what he is doing, he said it was a new concept that he had discovered ?

•••

But development is not anything new, so if accurately described, that cannot be his new concept.

It sounds like he is using .mobi sites to sell product, (although that by itself would not be a new concept either). If the $455 is revenue and not profit, then it would not make much sense to say "That's anohter $455.00" since that says nothing about actual profit (or loss). On the other hand, if $455 were actually profit and he had say a 15% profit margin, then he would be selling items that cost the buyer $3000+. Either way, he is not getting paid for clicks or referrals, but selling actual product. (Unless he is referring rich people to the scientologists or to some other scam D-: :lol:)

It can make great sense to make a mobile site using .mobi if the mobile site can actually be used to sell product. The obvious reason would be that a .mobi keyword domain name is going to be substancially cheaper than the same in a .com.

•••
noonoo1 has a point.I also know a .mobi domain which is making more than 2k/month.it is used for mobile financial transactions

•••
$455 is pure profit, thats if you exclude and hour of my time.

:D

•••
well it seems it's an affiliate commission he's getting and the product is somehow very 'sellable' through mobile devices...

•••
well it seems it's an affiliate commission he's getting and the product is somehow very 'sellable' through mobile devices...

The point of this thread is: "I am making serious money with my .mobi's".
It is NOT "How I am making serious money with my .mobi's".

The OP asserts that he's making money with .mobis. But he won't tell you how.

There's no point in "guessing" because he won't tell whether your guess is right or wrong.

•••
yes, and given the details he has put forward, this thread might as well be called "i am making serious money using a computer." :bingo:

•••
Strength in mobi? at best it would be misguided, especially if they already have a .com... but if you want to do the used car salesman / financial advisor thing on people unfamiliar with the inner workings of the internet, then so be it.
interesting analogy.

there's the used car salesman who will sell you a lemon but tell you otherwise, and the financial advisor who will sell you loaded funds so that they get more money.

both of these people give this "advice" that is best for their own interests - not those of the consumer.

•••

Completely agree. From an objective perspective it appears to have been posted by someone with a large ego in need of attention. There are more constructive ways to feed an ego than playing games on a forum designed to help fellow domainers with common goals. NP should provide a "kiddy pool" forum where kids can pass the time with other kids. If a guest stumbles on to this thread I seriously doubt that they are going to stick around long enough to become a NP member.

•••
yes, and given the details he has put forward, this thread might as well be called "i am making serious money using a computer." :bingo:
Today I made serious money using my computer and I won't tell you how :hehe:
But I thought I should let you know, it's just that the best secrets are not to be shared :laugh:

•••
noonoo1 has a point.I also know a .mobi domain which is making more than 2k/month.it is used for mobile financial transactions

There are domains in other extensions that are making $xxxx per DAY as parked pages. So just imagine what they could do with a good plan.

•••
But I thought I should let you know, it's just that the best secrets are not to be shared :laugh:
lol exactly! :blink:

•••

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Awwr boys, look if you keep carrying on nagging me i'll end up telling you. :xf.love:

•••

Awwr boys, look if you keep carrying on nagging me i'll end up telling you. :xf.love:

Then it won't be so much fun :( But who cares I'll be rich :D

•••

Don't tell them, just tell me, I am so much more deserving. :hehe:

•••
I think noonoo1 is just enjoying the moment too much to cave into peer pressure, lol. Maybe someone rubbed him up the wrong way a bit too hard in the past, and this is the revenge dish served up with a mobile phone sticking out of it.

I think he's aiming for at least 12 pages :talk:

And dont forget the backlinks !

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back