I am a re-seller not an end user

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
Hi

the title.... "I am a re-seller not an end user"

when you see that "line" included in a domains wanted thread.....

does that conjure a preconceived notion about the end-result and or the person who uses it?

are you "more or less" likely, to submit your best domain names for that request,
when such phrases are included with the budget?

and... if the budget that's posted is within a margin "that a seller would sell for"... then why the need to state the statement?

the point i guess, is.....

who cares if you are a reseller or end-user?

the only thing a seller wants to know is, what kind of names you want to buy and how much you're willing to pay for them.

what you think?

imo.....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Well said and fully agree with you :)

Last edited:
•••
Nothing to add to this, it's right on. I do not care if you are a reseller, I'm not giving my domains away. So all I really need to know is criteria and budget. If it matchhes, I'll send names, if not I move on.

Edit: sorry if you were notified I dislikedyour post. Operating on a tablet today and my fat fingures are not cooperating :)

Last edited:
•••
Don't forget the domain name investors,, and those who add value to names.

•••
Nothing to add to this, it's right on. I do not care if you are a reseller, I'm not giving my domains away. So all I really need to know is criteria and budget. If it matchhes, I'll send names, if not I move on.

Edit: sorry if you were notified I dislikedyour post. Operating on a tablet today and my fat fingures are not cooperating :)
I been on the move and same here apologies as well :)

•••
Spot on, fully concur.

It's like going to a car dealership telling the saleman that your are buying a car for your mother... lol, really? The car salesman couldn't give a rats@ss who or what you are buying the car for...all he needs to know is what sorta car you looking for and how much you wanna spend..

•••
It is clearly understood that "I am a reseller" simply means "I want to get a decent/good/great domains for a fraction of the price and even better if you are willing to sell at loss" more than let's have a fair deal that makes both parts happy so to me it is certainly not an appealing buyer to send my domains to.

We all know ( and sometimes use ) the same ole same ole techniques to get a name for cheap and it is understandable, but I find that sometimes the line is crossed and professionalism is lost. Ultimately domaining is probably the only industry where there is a potential infinite number of "middle men" without which, btw, the industry itself would be much much smaller, with fewer players but definitely more real.

The wtb section of the forum is a very painful experience for both buyers, who punctually receive endless spamming nonsense messages, and sellers who spend time digging in their portfolios to send appropriate names and never receive an answer ( because let's be honest many wtb posts are not real buyers )

Like someone mentioned above with the car example would you go to ANY seller in ANY industry telling them that you are willing to pay for their service/product 10% of what they are asking? And I mean ANY industry/business from bakery to real estate.

Let's contemplate that for a moment.

•••
Some WTB post are most certainly real buyers. I made plenty of requests and purchases through those.

Trouble is that 1 out of 100 PMs conform to your requirements. The rest are people that have names that they thought you might like. So you get 300 PMs and maybe 3 of them live up to your requirements but none of those interest you. So you dont buy any. That does not mean that no real buyers are present, it means the marketplace is flooded with sellers.

Regarding the "I am a reseller line" yeah well this is Namepros. Everyone is a reseller, even the so called "end users" present. A domainer that wants to develop some of his inventory a real end user does not make.

•••
The antique business is much the same. It also has an infinite number of middlemen, If fact the old joke is -
Did you hear about the 20 antique dealers who were shipwrecked on a desert island? They were alright though, they made a good living trading amongst themselves.
I've had people say to me - my grandmother had one of those, but she broke it, she hasn't got much money, but I would like to buy it for her. After you sell it to them, you hear it is in their shop at four times the price. I much prefer the honest guy who says - I'm a dealer, can you come down a bit on the price because I've got to make a profit.

•••
does that conjure a preconceived notion about the end-result and or the person who uses it?

Yes. IMO it is a time saver. If there is a name I want to sell, I would respond within their posted budget with my own firm number...makes it quick for both of us.

•••
Hi

are you "more or less" likely, to submit your best domain names for that request,
when such phrases are included with the budget?

and... if the budget that's posted is within a margin "that a seller would sell for"... then why the need to state the statement?

the point i guess, is.....

who cares if you are a reseller or end-user?

the only thing a seller wants to know is, what kind of names you want to buy and how much you're willing to pay for them.

what you think?

imo.....

Exactly... Very well and truly said

•••
Everyone is a reseller.. If your budget is in line with what I have, then no problem

•••
I do not care who are you, I will be happy to give it as free domain or just let it to get dropped but will never sell this domain below my expected price. :xf.smile:

•••
•••
is here anybody not a re-seller?
exposeyourself

•••
is here anybody not a re-seller?
exposeyourself
We are all resellers bro. hiding under the pretext to rob co-domainers of their valuable domain is what we are discussing here. We should try to pay fairly for whatever been offered

•••
it may dictate what names i send, if you quote 'im a reseller' i'm not sending my best names

•••
it may dictate what names i send, if you quote 'im a reseller' i'm not sending my best names
That's a fact. Am also turned off with that statement

•••
Hows that?

are you going to send your best names to someone who wants to pay pennies on the dollar?

•••
Hey, it's a somewhat polite way to say "I buy only for very cheap". And it does the job all right: turns away those who do not want to sell for very cheap :)

•••
•••
The statement is a way of rip off, so that you should not be expecting a high prize; but having made the price known, I think it does not need to say you are a re seller. I think so IMO

•••

If somebody is a reseller it does not mean that he can or should get a name for cheap as default!
Keep that in mind - there is nothing such as reseller price. And if somebody asks for a wholesale price I will ask back how many domains he will buy -10, 20, 50,100+?

Just keep it plain - price is price and if both parties agree you have a deal!

•••
Guess if they accept the offer then money is left on the table for sure then.

•••
Back