I am a re-seller not an end user

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
Hi

the title.... "I am a re-seller not an end user"

when you see that "line" included in a domains wanted thread.....

does that conjure a preconceived notion about the end-result and or the person who uses it?

are you "more or less" likely, to submit your best domain names for that request,
when such phrases are included with the budget?

and... if the budget that's posted is within a margin "that a seller would sell for"... then why the need to state the statement?

the point i guess, is.....

who cares if you are a reseller or end-user?

the only thing a seller wants to know is, what kind of names you want to buy and how much you're willing to pay for them.

what you think?

imo.....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Totally agree with the above comments. Multiple times I have seen (usually) a new member post rapid successive WTB requests, often days apart, with lots of "Keep 'em coming!" bumps. A month or so down the road, Department of No Surprise, that member still has a zero trader rating...

Exactly, happens all the time.

•••
Exactly, happens all the time.

You also have the opposite to that whereas the odd member has a trade rating of over 1000.

I almost fell off my chair when I saw that. :xf.eek:

•••
Lol as a new seller I instantly disengage when I find out your also a re-seller, because im not buying names to sell them for 2-75 times my money even when I get them $1 a name. I am trying to sell them for 500-5000 times my money so their is zero reason why a re-seller would pay end-user prices.

Dream on.

•••
I've never understood people who advertise their domains in the 'top domain' section (any section for that matter) and ask for high 6 figures/7 figures for a domain, unless it's truly special no investor is going to pay that for a domain.

I'd also never use a broker who advertise a domain on here. To me a broker should be out hunting for end-users, getting on Linked-in and using contacts on there/on telephone and sending e-mails to companies, not advertising the domain on NamePros to a bunch of investors and bumping everyday (something i could do).

Truth is any domain you see being offered out on here, the current owner have found it difficult to flog.

Last edited:
•••
I've never understood people who advertise their domains in the 'top domain' section (any section for that matter) and ask for high 6 figures/7 figures for a domain, unless it's truly special no investor is going to pay that for a domain.

I'd also never use a broker who advertise a domain on here. To me a broker should be out hunting for end-users, getting on Linked-in and using contacts on there/on telephone and sending e-mails to companies, not advertising the domain on NamePros to a bunch of investors and bumping everyday (something i could do).

Truth is any domain you see being offered out on here, the current owner have found it difficult to flog.

Maybe SEO?

End user types in exact term, sees the thread, sees the price and sees it being accepted under "top domains".

•••
Nothing to add to this, it's right on. I do not care if you are a reseller, I'm not giving my domains away. So all I really need to know is criteria and budget. If it matchhes, I'll send names, if not I move on.

Edit: sorry if you were notified I dislikedyour post. Operating on a tablet today and my fat fingures are not cooperating :)

That's not the problem though...

Most here are good people who understand it... BUT, when you do list a WTB thread... you have many Asians and Middle Eastern domainers who send mediocre to decent names, but are asking completely ridiculous prices.

So I do understand some people putting it out there.

Do I think it works? No. lol. They are persistent people and will ask $1,000 for a garbage handreg name anyway.

•••
I would rather say I am only interested if you have a bargain. I can go out and buy retail domains all day long without having anyone contact me via private message.

So if someone contacts me I gently remind them that it only makes sense to solicit another domainer if you are prepared to cut your price and let the buyer make money on the domain.

Sometimes people get into trouble and the renewal costs are too high and they need to move a couple of domains to make ends meet. So they contact me and say hey... you can have this domain for 5k. I respond... you know I'm a reseller, why would you quote me an end user price?

Namepros is a wholesale forum, very few end users will actually lurk here. The majority are resellers so when a newbie thinks they can ask a million dollars for a .company domain then you remind him that as a reseller you need reseller price which is about the registration value of a .company name :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I mean really.... car.company or similar..... how many new car companies are opening in the world that could ever put that name to use. Even if so then what are the odds that the company will want to use car.company as it's domain name?

There are plenty of times that I have to remind people that I buy at wholesale and not retail.
If you want to move a domain out quickly on a wholesale forum then you need to quote a wholesale price or in other words.... a resellers price.
Lol that was me, and maybe still is me 100% lol

•••
Spot on, fully concur.

It's like going to a car dealership telling the saleman that your are buying a car for your mother... lol, really? The car salesman couldn't give a rats@ss who or what you are buying the car for...all he needs to know is what sorta car you looking for and how much you wanna spend..
"all he needs to know is what sorta car you looking for"

...a car for my mother...

If I was to program this it would create an infinite loop.

But I know what you mean.:xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
when you see that "line" included in a domains wanted thread.....

does that conjure a preconceived notion about the end-result and or the person who uses it?

so, about a year has passed....
are people still using this phrase
have you used it?

imo...

•••
so, about a year has passed....
are people still using this phrase
have you used it?

imo...

Well I did walk into Boyd's in Philadelphia, famous clothing store.

I said I see that Armani suit is $2,000, but I am not a celebrity, so I would like the average schmuck pricing? He said it's $2,000 if you are a hobo or you are Bono.

•••
Totally agree with the above comments. Multiple times I have seen (usually) a new member post rapid successive WTB requests, often days apart, with lots of "Keep 'em coming!" bumps. A month or so down the road, Department of No Surprise, that member still has a zero trader rating...

Well, I bought 5+ domains on NP and I have a rating of exactly one. So theoretically you could buy a few domains and still have zero rating if the other side doesn't care to leave you a review.

•••
Obviously all domainers are resellers. However, we could be divided in these three categories:

1. The marathon runner - A person who buy domains, list them on market places, or with landings, and wait for end users / companies to interact.

2. The sprinter - A person who’s buying domains and try to flip them ASAP. Very often to other domainers. More of a sprinter.

3. A person being a combination of 1 and 2.

Ps. I used to be a “combo guy”, but is a “marathon guy” nowadays.

I'm definitely a marathon runner. I did a lap of honour when I won my first race. I'm a newbie!!! However, is it really better to be one or the other or a combination of both?

•••
I sell webmaster related domains everyone is the end user as I don't care about motives or what is planned with it

Last edited:
•••
  1. I guess it's a ploy to get end-user 4-5 figure domains for $25.
  2. The domain owner is already the re-seller.
  3. sometimes other domainers are actual endusers. because we like to work on end products ourselves. It's best to just be honest. I got a good name by just saying a domainer and told the guy what my plan was.
  4. At the end of the day, know names you won't compromise on. And have others you're willing to deal on.

•••
"I am a re-seller not an end user"

Hi

So...
i'm still seeing this being posted in domains wanted section, in reference to "who" the potential buyer is, along with their budget for that request

However, one thing i haven't seen, is somebody posting ...
"Hi, I'm an end-user and want to buy some domain names"

now, if someone did that, and included their budget for similar request and both budgets were the same,
then would it make a difference whether they are reseller or end-user?

just asking....

imo....

•••
Hi

So...
i'm still seeing this being posted in domains wanted section, in reference to "who" the potential buyer is, along with their budget for that request

However, one thing i haven't seen, is somebody posting ...
"Hi, I'm an end-user and want to buy some domain names"

now, if someone did that, and included their budget for similar request and both budgets were the same,
then would it make a difference whether they are reseller or end-user?

just asking....

imo....

Both budgets are never really the same. The reseller request will never go close to their max..it's a bluff most times. They may even get offended and even disrespectful if you ask $150 for your name. There isn't any wiggle room. Someone who truly has an enduse, has a truthful budget and will surely pay close to max if they see the right name. They even go over sometimes. They even say it in their thread. " I'm willing to go over if the name is truly good". The reseller tricksters will truly be opposite and go $25 for a gem. $50 if you're lucky. Ops, you though $500 was really on the table? They don't understand, that even as a reseller, if you can get huge roi on a name $250, $150, $500 etc is a monster deal. Wholesale price should be based on the given name. Rather, we had watered down the word to mean $25-maybe $50 or $75 if you're lucky.

•••
Maybe saying that is redundant on a forum like NamePros, but I've been there where I post a Buy Request and I get a name worth $2,000 with the seller asking for $1,800 - $2,000. So it almost seems necessary to set the expectations otherwise (and even still sometimes when you do say it) you get sellers who expect you to pay 90-100% full value.

If you have a piece of jewelry worth $2,000 and take it to a pawn shop to sell do you think they would give you $2,000 or even $1,000 No.

If you don't want to sell your name for a low enough price that leaves some room for the next guy, that's fine, that's your choice. But then why waste your time and the buyers with an offer you know won't work?

And for the record, just about any industry you can think of has the concepts of wholesale and retail.

Last edited:
•••
Good evening,

I hate to say it, but I will anyway.

Many people have forgotten what wholesale meant in the old days. It was never retail. It was where they bought them cheap, stacked them high and sold them cheap but still made a profit. Sometimes you were never quite sure what you were getting. You knew the risks and paid your dollar and got what you got. No questions asked and no answers given. Then it moved into being a little more organized and they were able to make shed loads more money selling to retailers only. It was what you could call a Cash&Carry. Cash was king and you carried what you bought...literally and figuratively.

I am a Domain Investor. I am not a Wholesaler. I am a Retailer. I sell to the General Public. If you buy from me you are for all intents and purposes 'The Public'. I have a price and that is what you must pay to receive my goods. I may knock a few quid off if you are a regular customer or if I like you. Full stop. End of.

Now, in this Triumvirate that we find ourselves in, who is the Wholesaler and who is the Retailer. I'd say that the Wholesaler is the likes of the Registries and even the dropcatchy businesses. If you want low prices, I suggest you go to them and they will accommodate you. I however, am the fancy shop with overheads and bills to pay. You will get a good deal for any of my names. However, I will not be giving them away as you need to make a living and need some on the bone. What you do with my fabulous domain names after I sell them to you is not my concern. I am not a charity, although I do seem to be giving away a lot of my money. I will treat you fairly and that is all that I ask in return.

You will buy for peanuts then sell them though they were covered in gold. We are a business. I am here to make money. There is no substitute for hard work and determination. I will not be the short cut to riches. My prices are not necessarily set in stone and you never know what you may get of you make a fair and appropriate offer. However, do not offend with ridiculous prices. I will return the courtesy should I ever wish to buy any of your names.

I hope that you can all see that what we do on a daily basis has a little magic added for luck and sometimes what we seek is easy to find.

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
Good evening,

Many people have forgotten what wholesale meant in the old days. It was never retail. It was where they bought them cheap, stacked them high and sold them cheap but still made a profit. Sometimes you were never quite sure what you were getting. You knew the risks and paid your dollar and got what you got. No questions asked and no answers given. Then it moved into being a little more organized and they were able to make shed loads more money selling to retailers only. It was what you could call a Cash&Carry. Cash was king and you carried what you bought...literally and figuratively.

I am a Domain Investor. I am not a Wholesaler. I am a Retailer. I sell to the General Public. If you buy from me you are for all intents and purposes 'The Public'. I have a price and that is what you must pay to receive my goods. I may knock a few quid off if you are a regular customer or if I like you. Full stop. End of.

Now, in this Triumvirate that we find ourselves in, who is the Wholesaler and who is the Retailer. I'd say that the Wholesaler is the likes of the Registries and even the dropcatchy businesses. If you want low prices, I suggest you go to them and they will accommodate you. I however, am the fancy shop with overheads and bills to pay. You will get a good deal for any of my names. However, I will not be giving them away as you need to make a living and need some on the bone. What you do with my fabulous domain names after I sell them to you is not my concern. I am not a charity, although I do seem to be giving away a lot of my money. I will treat you fairly and that is all that I ask in return.

You will buy for peanuts then sell them though they were covered in gold. We are a business. I am here to make money. There is no substitute for hard work and determination. I will not be the short cut to riches. My prices are not necessarily set in stone and you never know what you may get of you make a fair and appropriate offer. However, do not offend with ridiculous prices. I will return the courtesy should I ever wish to buy any of your names.

I hope that you can all see that what we do on a daily basis has a little magic added for luck and sometimes what we seek is easy to find.

Regards,

Reddstagg
Really great reply.

•••
Good evening,

Regards,

Reddstagg

Nobody says leaving some money on the table for the next guy has to be a "charity". It is entirely possible to both profit and leave some money for the next guy. I recently sold a name for $1000 to another domainer that I picked up for $500 at auction. I was quite happy to double my money in under a year and leave him plenty of room to make some money on it too. It was a win-win as I got some cash to grow my portfolio and he got a good enough deal to where he can make some money on it too.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back