IT.COM

advice How valuable is lll.io domain

NameSilo
Watch

Tunababa8v

Established Member
Impact
It is no more gainsay that lll.com, lll.net, lll.org are so valuable they could command $XX, XXX easily at the aftermarket. At least, it is so easily known to be valuable even to us newbies.

So valuable it is that all extensions have been taken according to some seasoned domainer. But I got lucky a few times when searching for three-letter domains that I was able to get some few lll.info still available for handreg..

I wasn't so sure how valuable those ones are and I deterred from registering them,only to check back few weeks later and they have all been taken..

Now I have found one lll.io still available for handreg.. But I am skeptical, will it sell if I register it?

I need advice

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am new to the forum but I've been researching this pretty thoroughly. I have several lll.io domains that I've had for a while. None have sold but there has been interest shown in them. The fact that they are lll.io doesn't ensure they are popular or will sell immediately, at least mine havent yet. The fact that they are disappearing shows someone else sees some value, it just depends on how long you're willing to hold onto it if it doesnt sell immediatey. In time, i'm sure someone will want it.

•••
According to Expired Domains, there seems to be about a dozen lll.io domain names that expire every day - you can search yourself at expireddomains.net - I have about ten remaining from the 15 I registered about 6 months ago - one I sold for $100 - the others decided to try at auction because I thought they sounded good, but ended up selling them for less than I registered them for ... Oh well.

Last edited:
•••
I’ve sold 7 lll .io domains in the past year to startups for $1999 - $2999

•••
•••
•••
I’ve sold 7 lll .io domains in the past year to startups for $1999 - $2999

So, search linkedin/google for LLL (the matching letters), maybe add ''company'' or something, see what comes up, send them outbound messages, maybe mention the progress and recent popularity of io?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back