Dynadot

How to transfer my domain to buyer?

NameSilo
Watch

sureshk7

Account Closed
Impact
I am new to domain business, recently i sold a domain in goddady auctions and also got confirmation from goddady that buyer has paid his amount. I contacted buyer to initiate the domain transfer but he too is new so he does not knows the procedure.

So how to transfer my domain? Should i ask buyer his goddady email and account number to transfer? Or is there any provision for buyer to initiate transfer of domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if both accounts yours and buyer's arre with godaddy you dont need to do anything at all - godaddy will do the transfer (push), no action required on your side.. just wait and see

•••
I got an email from godaddy

" Dear Suresh Kesavan,

We are pleased to inform you that we received the proceeds from the sale of .com.

You are now authorized to accept the transfer request of .com from buyer. If you want to contact buyer by email, you can find instructions here. If you need to access your account, go to auctions.godaddy.com and log in with your user name (or customer number) and password"

If buyer does not initiate the transfer, then how it can be transferred?

•••
if the buyer is not with godaddy he should initiate a transfer from his current registrar account OR open free GD account so you'll be able to push the domain in virtually no time..

•••
If seller and buyer are with the same domain Registrar, than things will become far easier, seller can PUSH domain name to the buyer directly and in general, it's FREE.

However, if seller and buyer are with different domain Registrars, than domain transfer is necessary, seller should give buyer the EPP auth-code, unlock the domain name and apply quick-transfer when the seller receives the transfer confirmation email from his Registrar.

•••
I'm not sure if your buyer is registered with GoDaddy, but when I sold one of my sites through GoDaddy's Domain Buy Service, I didn't have to take any action at all on my part. The buyer contacted me, so it was just a matter of me saying yes or no to their offer and GoDaddy took care of the rest.

Also, when I've purchased (won) domains on Auctions, I didn't have to take action either, or contact the seller for anything. I just paid for the price of the bid, and approx. 7 days later the domain is dropped into my account with GoDaddy.

•••
Buyer contacted me and gave his godaddy account number and email and i transferred the domain to buyer. Now im waiting for the payment from godaddy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back