IT.COM

discuss How to register new gTLD names in 2019 (and actually sell them).

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
How to register new gTLD names in 2019
(and actually sell them).

This is written particularly for new domain investors - I hope it will save you some money :)
It is only my personal opinion, and I might be wrong (of course). So here we go:

1. Register 1 word domain name, in most cases try to avoid 2 word domain names

Example of 1 word domain name: holy.life. Example of 2 word domain name: myholy.life or ourholy.life.
Why? Because chances of selling 2 word domain name in new gTLD space is very small (consult namebio.com). Do not think you can outsmart someone with your word1word2.gTLD combo...in most cases you will not outsmart anyone, and usually you will be dropping such names after 1 year. There are exceptions from this rule of course, but safest bet is to simply avoid it, particularly when you just start with domain investing.

2. Register names with not many alternatives in new gTLD space

This simply means, that end users can not find alternatives for your name in other new gTLD extension, for reg fee.(use uniregistry.com to check that). Particularly when you ignore point no.1 and register 2 word domain name, you will usually find that your string exists in dozens of other new gTLD extensions...and is available to be registered by anyone for reg fee. This subsequently means you will have no leverage when it comes to negotiations with end users.To learn exactly what "alternatives in new gTLD space" means, read this new gTLD appraisal thread here.

3. Register names with large pools of potential end users.

You can have perfect new gTLD name, but if there are only few suitable end users who can use your name, it will usually take long time to sell it. If you register name where millions of potential end users exist (so something pretty broad and generic), you will be getting much more offers, and you will be able to close much more sales.

4. To be first is not always better...sometimes it is better to be second.

When registering new gTLD names, consider this: when extension is brand new, there is almost zero awareness about it among end users (unless there is a huge marketing campaign for it you know about).
It can take years for awareness to be created. This also means that for many extensions there is almost 0 aftermarket in early times. Usually only fellow domain investors. This is natural - if something is very new, almost no one knows about it. So if you want to be first to get best names, fine, but budget for your investments accordingly - it is not wise to expect that you will buy something totally new for USD 10, and you will be able to flip it to end user for USD 10k. It happens, but rarely. There are many experienced new gTLD domain investors, who simply wait for drops after 1st year and pick up some very nice names. But this wisdom comes with years of investing experience and is not something what can be intuitively understood, at least from what I see.

5. Make sure renewals of your domain names are sustainable.

Second most important thing in new gTLD domain investment (after quality of the name) - make sure you understand renewal fees for your domain names. In order for you to be in a long term game, renewal fees of your domain names must be sustainable (aka low). Otherwise you will be dropping almost all of your names after 1 year, and all your effort will be wasted.

6. Make proper landers for your names

Do not just let your domain names without proper landing pages. Do not be lazy and immediately prepare landers for them. Imo best option is undeveloped.com atm, but many good alternatives are available as well.
Some old school domainers are used to the fact that they were contacted by people who found their contact details in WHOIS database - this is not possible anymore, as due to GDPR legislation most records from WHOIS database are now masked. This also means that when you have new gTLD domain name, your details will be masked in most cases (again, there are few exceptions from this rule, but do not rely on them),. Buyers thus have no way how to contact you. Clear landing pages are a must in 2019.

7. Do not follow the herd.

Just because all people at Namepros are registering .panda (just an example), it does not mean you also need to register .panda...Most people are not profitable and are actually loosing lot of money - so if you will do the same thing as most people, you will have the same results as most people....

When you follow the herd, it is not only that competition is huge, but you will end up registering nonsense word1 word2 names, in times where there is no aftermarket created yet, when you do not know if there are some renewal promotions in future, when major domain selling sites not yet support that extension, and when there is no awareness yet among end users. Likely result of your action: you will drop your names prior first renewal round. This is happening since 2014 in many forms and shapes, still it seems like most people like to repeat those mistakes happily again and again.

You need to find your niche/extensions/areas of expertise and go from there. The most lucrative way is still to buy new gTLD names from fellow domain investors, but almost no one is doing it, except few people. Typical newbie new gTLD domain "investor" will rather spend USD 10 on 200 bad names and will not sell even 1 of them, prior dropping them all, then to pay USD 2000 for 1 great name which can sell for great profit. Which leads to:

8. Get 2-3 good names instead of 200-300 bad names (which you will drop anyway).

Buy only quality new gTLD names, as only highest quality sells in 2019. And you know that you have great new gTLD domain name, if you have a good feeling renewing it 9 years in advance.This should be always your test: am I confident enought for this name, so I have no problem to pay years in advance for it's renewal fees? Now to critics which would tell you that you are blocking unnecessarily your capital by paying renewals in advance, I would like to remind:
a) renew your name years in advance if there is a great renewal promotion (you can save sometimes 90% of total cost, as some renewal promotions for new gTLDs are simply amazing)
b) when you renew your new gTLD name 9 years in advance, it tells your potential buyers something about your commitment....in my experience, it is much easier to negotiate if your name is renewed like that.

Buyers are not stupid: they will check everything possible about you and your names, and in most cases they are simply waiting if the name does not expire/if you do not drop it . But when we are in 2019 and your name is renewed until 2027, this waiting game is simply over for them, and they need to approach you if they want the name. But to play this game, you really need to have good new gTLD names.

9. Get to social media and make lot of connections.
Do not be a secret seller. Have your portfolio clearly visible to anyone, and go to Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, Youtube and Facebook at least. People with most success have great online presence, and professionally looking marketplaces.

10. Price your domain names as a pro, do not be a chicken
Look, if you price your domains with $120 price tag (for example), this will result in following: you will sell your best domains quickly for low price (and when you report it, fellow domain investors will say Congrats congrats, congrats, and you will feel great as super-seller), but at the same time you will be left with portfolio of bad domain names, which no one wants even for this low price tag. This is sure way to poor financial status and poverty. You do not want that. New gTLD names are very unique, as they are are pure phrases without any suffix, and are therefore also geo neutral. They have great value, and this value grows in time.
If you have great new gTLD name, renew it for years in advance, and do not let it go for cheap - as one day you might retire on it...

11. Bonus point - do not listen to "voices of past" with "only .com is an good investment" mantra
This is already past us and so not 2019 - luckily we see this nonsense less and less ...

What is your opinion when it comes to new gTLDs registrations ? :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Regarding virtual / fund domain name, you gave correct information about it's selling price. But regarding renewal fee, you got it wrong....it has only standard renewal for .fund attached to it. And this is actually only $6.01 (six dollars and 1 cent) at the moment of writing at registrar where the name is currently located.

$6.01 renewal is less then what would you pay for it's .com counterpart. I tell it all the time ... guys, you must learn more about new gTLD renewals, because you are missing incredible things in this area if you are not aware of all possibilities :)

What is the *normal price* not the coupon code price. Buyers will check what the renewal is at GoDaddy (which is also where the name is for sale) and that it $98.

$70,000 + $98 per year versus .com at half the price. The $98 per year is already enduser price before the $70,000 is added on.

Last edited:
•••
Marek aka lolwarrior....thanks for starting this thread. While I was at one time 100% in on ngTLD's (meaning that's all I was buying) that's changed for me over the last six months. My portfolio of 1,500 domains is now about 50/50. Of late I've been accumulating a portfolio of .homes names where I've been registering about a domain a day, and now own about 75 names to the tune of $750.

You may be aware that I'm researching the possibility of creating a secondary market just for ngTLD's whereby an exact match of a .com equivalent that's already registered will point to the exact same name, but in the form of a ngTLD.....how cool would that be:xf.wink: Take for example the very first domain that appears on the first page of Domains.International site...it's Virtual.Fund. If a consumer/business owner were to key VirtualFund(.)com to GD's domain search tool all that would come up is: "Bummer. Someone owns this domain:xf.frown:" and they would recommend a bunch of funky alternatives. This is where GD could say, Voila!, we've found an exact match, and here it is; Virtual.Fund.

Of course a lot of details need to be worked out, but this would tend to put millions of ngTLD's on the map.

Someone has already asked me, don't i fear someone might steal this idea? First, I'm sure it's not new, but second I wish someone would because it would surely add value to anyone's ngTLD portfolio.

Thanks again Marek and maybe someday we'll have an opportunity to meetup.I met smiling Bob Hawkes in Vegas at NamesCon, and he's every bit the gentlemen and scholar I knew he would be. Cheers!

I just spent some time on namesilo and if you don't add a .com extension you get a list of all the new TLDs.

Great idea but it's being done out there. I have some intentions that are similar but I wouldn't say any of them at this moment are original ideas or that I would be stealing them if I used those search techniques which come from standard SQL search patterns in any case..

Last edited:
•••
•••
I just spent some time on namesilo and if you don't add a .com extension you get a list of all the new TLDs.

Great idea but it's being done out there. I have some intentions that are similar but I wouldn't say any of them at this moment are original ideas or that I would be stealing them if I used those search techniques which come from standard SQL search patterns in any case..
James...that's right James, but I'm talking about something entirely different. For example, if you own the ngtld Pro.Golf and someone else owns ProGolf.com. Then a third party wants to start a golf business and keys in the name ProGolf.com at Go Daddy, the only ProGolf extension that shows up is ProGolf.fit, but the program doesn't identify Pro.Golf that may be for sale at another venue but the consumer/buyer never knows about it. GD values ProGolf.com at $15,369, however it only values Pro.Golf at $340. Personally I think anyone looking to buy ProGolf.com should learn that Pro.Golf is available to purchase regardless of whether it's a standard registration, or it's listed for sale on the secondary market. Make sense? If your portfolio of ngtld's are good, they probably have a .com equivalent to match....most of mine do, and I would be happy to pay a sales commission to anyone driving traffic to my names.

•••
Since we all agree that keeping renew costs in control is key to investing prospects in the new extensions, I thought I would point out that renewal costs on Registry Service extensions have dropped to roughly $3 per year at a number of registrars including some widely used by NPs members. Note that registration and transfer costs while reduced from the values last number of months are higher than renewal. Among their extensions are LOAN, SCIENCE, TRADE, REVIEW, WIN, BID, STREAM, DOWNLOAD, MEN etc (they were formerly under FFM name).

Use TLD-List to get the best options, but at time of writing NameSilo, Uniregistry, Porkbun and Dynadot all had renewal at $3.50 or less. I suspect others will soon be at that level too. I think the wholesale is about $3 to registrars.

Personally trying to decide whether to extend a few of mine. For example I currently have the acronym CRISPR (the 2015 science breakthroough of year winner) in science registered until 2023, but some new science development names take time to find buyers, and may add a few more years at this price.

It is nice to see great deals in renewals on ngTLDs. I find that many legacy investor critics frequently look at a price at a single registrar and assume that is the price, but as @lolwarrior and others remind us shop around to get those best rates and renew in advance your quality names when you have great names.

Also great news on the thread re .best from one of the cc-owners that the renewal wholesale price is coming way down, although that may not show up at registrars until summer (not up now).

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Since we all agree that keeping renew costs in control is key to investing prospects in the new extensions, I thought I would point out that renewal costs on Registry Service extensions have dropped to roughly $3 per year at a number of registrars including some widely used by NPs members. Note that registration and transfer costs while reduced from the values last number of months are higher than renewal. Among their extensions are LOAN, SCIENCE, TRADE, REVIEW, WIN, BID, STREAM, DOWNLOAD, MEN etc (they were formerly under FFM name).

Use TLD-List to get the best options, but at time of writing NameSilo, Uniregistry, Porkbun and Dynadot all had renewal at $3.50 or less. I suspect others will soon be at that level too. I think the wholesale is about $3 to registrars.

Personally trying to decide whether to extend a few of mine. For example I currently have the acronym CRISPR (the 2015 science breakthroough of year winner) in science registered until 2023, but some new science development names take time to find buyers, and may add a few more years at this price.

It is nice to see great deals in renewals on ngTLDs. I find that many legacy investor critics frequently look at a price at a single registrar and assume that is the price, but as @lolwarrior and others remind us shop around to get those best rates and renew in advance your quality names when you have great names.

Also great news on the thread re .best from one of the cc-owners that the renewal wholesale price is coming way down, although that may not show up at registrars until summer (not up now).

Bob

If you have managed to get some good New gTLDs and the renewals go down to $3.50 then we'll all be in heaven. :)

But even with the very low renewals it's still wise to be careful as to what we register so that the overall quality of our portfolio doesn’t drop. IMO

I like to keep my portfolio at a manageable size, and want to concentrate more on developing some of my domains in order to create awareness about certain subjects that I care about, I also like to keep my portfolio diversified and I reserve all rights to all my domains including the right to be proud of my New gTLDs. :)

•••
James...that's right James, but I'm talking about something entirely different. For example, if you own the ngtld Pro.Golf and someone else owns ProGolf.com. Then a third party wants to start a golf business and keys in the name ProGolf.com at Go Daddy, the only ProGolf extension that shows up is ProGolf.fit, but the program doesn't identify Pro.Golf that may be for sale at another venue but the consumer/buyer never knows about it. GD values ProGolf.com at $15,369, however it only values Pro.Golf at $340. Personally I think anyone looking to buy ProGolf.com should learn that Pro.Golf is available to purchase regardless of whether it's a standard registration, or it's listed for sale on the secondary market. Make sense? If your portfolio of ngtld's are good, they probably have a .com equivalent to match....most of mine do, and I would be happy to pay a sales commission to anyone driving traffic to my names.

Yes this is exactly what we need. I guess we are all doing this right now. I have been jumping between different registrars to see the differences.

Got some great domain names. Difference in price like you are stating can be from 3USD up to 60.000USD from what I saw today with extremely similar extensions. Compare .net to .network. and .com to .co (if they are even available)

•••
I reserve all rights to all my domains including the right to be proud of my New gTLDs.

This is pretty cleverly worded .... I am thinking I will 'borrow' your wording at some future time! :xf.wink:

And I totally agree with your comments on keeping portfolio size manageable and emphasizing quality over quantity. Also, for the most part (except for a few for personal pride!) always consider would someone legitimately want this domain name before you acquire it. And as Michael Cyger reminded people at NamesCon, do regular checkups and prune domain names you really shouldn't be holding.

Bob

•••
This is pretty cleverly worded .... I am thinking I will 'borrow' your wording at some future time! :xf.wink:

And I totally agree with your comments on keeping portfolio size manageable and emphasizing quality over quantity. Also, for the most part (except for a few for personal pride!) always consider would someone legitimately want this domain name before you acquire it. And as Michael Cyger reminded people at NamesCon, do regular checkups and prune domain names you really shouldn't be holding.

Bob
Bob..i'm well into my second year of doing this, and I look at my first year as an apprenticeship. As names come up for renewal I generally drop from 50 to 80% of them, and they're replaced with better names. I say that because of what I learned here, and what I was able to learn on my own. Those trying to give me advice tried to tell me that I couldn't afford the renewals to which I knew better, and as such my portfolio is getting stronger and better every day.

Like school, each year builds on the previous year and eventually you get your degree. This is no different. I wasn't the greatest student in college (maybe a C+ average). I liked drinking and chasing too much, but that was a good part of life too. Thanks for all your help and I hope I can return the favor. Cheers!

•••
Deleted

Last edited:
•••
What is the *normal price* not the coupon code price. Buyers will check what the renewal is at GoDaddy (which is also where the name is for sale) and that it $98.

$70,000 + $98 per year versus .com at half the price. The $98 per year is already enduser price before the $70,000 is added on.
Johnnie the yearly renewal for the name is $6.01 (six dollars and 1 cent), period. You can dance around this fact as much as you like, it is simly $6.01 :)

Name is on sale at many venues, and each venue/registrar will ask you to pay different renewal price, IF you would register name there. This is reality. Also for .com you have registrars where they charge 8 for it, and you registrars where they charge 35 for it. This is not different. This has nothing to do with "coupon code price", or anything like that.

•••

Bob
For those who are trying to decide whether to keep or drop their new gTLD names, I just want to remind everyone that nice thread is oingoing here (where other domain investors will help you with this decision, by either liking your name (aka keep) or putting Thanks (aka drop).

https://www.namepros.com/threads/new-gtlds-renew-or-drop-advice-thread.1110552/

:)

•••

Bob

I consider myself a Human Rights and Environmental enthusiast and as such I use domain names to express myself and to create awareness about the subjects that I care about, GlobalReform.com was one of the very first domains that I registered almost 20 years ago, even If I don't get a chance to develop all my domains just by the fact that I have registered them makes me feel proud of what I believe in and would like to be associated with. Even the domains that I register that might have certain commercial and resale value to me are just a means to help expand and support my core beliefs in the future. We all participate in discussions here as we have a common interest in domains , but we have to understand and respect the fact that we each have our own reasons to be involved in domaining and our values and expectations might differ from one another. IMO

I just registered:

GreenHabitat.club

For 99 cents at Godaddy

Which I am proud of no matter what the naysayers might say. :)

•••
For those who are trying to decide whether to keep or drop their new gTLD names, I just want to remind everyone that nice thread is oingoing here (where other domain investors will help you with this decision, by either liking your name (aka keep) or putting Thanks (aka drop).

:)

Great thread keep it going people. Don’t forget to like/thank.

•••
•••
Funny you'll spend time with long posts on this but refuse to actually disclose any sales. I'm not convinced your advices are back up by profitable domain selling.
All you do is whine and moan and criticise. By that I am referring to almost ALL of your ,to date, 217 posts.

What are you selling?

Some of my developments and businesses in my signature. What do you actually do?

@lolwarrior , like many others in here, is a hard grafter and open to learn new ideas and I utterly respect that.

Ask me about my accounts. I have a very blunt reply about that.

Last edited:
•••
I hope not considered off-topic, but I want to publicly thank @lolwarrior for his contributions to NPs. He posts a lot, and his posts draw on forward looking, logical and quantitative thinking. Does everyone agree that new extensions have a bright future? Of course not, and that is their right, we each make our own decisions.

When @lolwarrior provides opinions, he doesn't just state them, but provides logical arguments and/or evidence. Look at his responses in the thread where he helps evaluate your ngTLDs. Each time he looks at issues like probable price if it sells, how many end users there are, how likely it is to sell, and how much it costs to keep. Also, he readily admits that for some names he is unsure and this his is one opinion.

He also is surprisingly good natured putting up with non-contributory cluttering of his threads by those who seem to have little new or positive to offer.

He also contributes to NPs in an innovative way - for example the thread he started where the community can vote with like or thank re whether in their opinion the value of a domain name makes the renewal worthwhile is a model that can be applied to any domain name.

In this thread he set out 10 sound principles which if we take them to heart we will all be better domainers.

Too often we criticize others on NPs. I wanted to say thank you to @lolwarrior. A number of months ago @MapleDots started a thread to encourage us to say thanks on NPs. It was a brilliant idea and I think we should periodically revive that thread.

Bob

•••
I hope not considered off-topic, but I want to publicly thank @lolwarrior for his contributions to NPs. He posts a lot, and his posts draw on forward looking, logical and quantitative thinking. Does everyone agree that new extensions have a bright future? Of course not, and that is their right, we each make our own decisions.

When @lolwarrior provides opinions, he doesn't just state them, but provides logical arguments and/or evidence. Look at his responses in the thread where he helps evaluate your ngTLDs. Each time he looks at issues like probable price if it sells, how many end users there are, how likely it is to sell, and how much it costs to keep. Also, he readily admits that for some names he is unsure and this his is one opinion.

He also is surprisingly good natured putting up with non-contributory cluttering of his threads by those who seem to have little new or positive to offer.

He also contributes to NPs in an innovative way - for example the thread he started where the community can vote with like or thank re whether in their opinion the value of a domain name makes the renewal worthwhile is a model that can be applied to any domain name.

In this thread he set out 10 sound principles which if we take them to heart we will all be better domainers.

Too often we criticize others on NPs. I wanted to say thank you to @lolwarrior. A number of months ago @MapleDots started a thread to encourage us to say thanks on NPs. It was a brilliant idea and I think we should periodically revive that thread.

Bob
I just want to say thanks to YOU, lolwarrior and Mapledots, Canada and the Czech Republic. I'm pretty proud of my country, but you guys make me proud of the world. I needn't say more for it may get me in trouble, but not only have you guys made me a better domainer, you've made me a better person. Thanks!

•••
Could we discuss point 10 from @lolwarrior list a bit? I admit I am terrible at pricing it because I am so cheap in most things I value my domain names also cheap (and I am also a chicken about losing a sale - a bad combination).

But I think pricing is particularly hard in the new gTLD space as we really often have only a handful of comparator sales to go by. This is one area that it is much easier to price right in the two word .com market where there are lots of close comparators for many names. So how do you hit the right price? I think that looking at previous sales in that extension is not helpful, as often there is a huge jump in an extension from previous sales (I wrote about that here, but there have been many new examples since then, including today).

I think what you need to do for a bit of guidance is to come up with prior sales that are sort of comparable in quality across the match, even if the term is very different? Is there an easy way to do that I am missing? I mean I do look at the past year off ngTLD sales on NameBio and order them by price, and then move down the list until I see ones that I think are about as good a match across the dot as mine. But is there an easier or better way?

I wish we had something like TheDomainGame but for ngTLDs (to my knowledge it is only .com in its database - I have played it for many thousands of domain names whenI was new to domains). Gradually it does help you see what goes for more. I don't usually place a lot of faith in what prices people ask for domains as a guide, but that is another source of possibly somewhat relevant information, especially looking through a portfolio of someone like @Fancy.domains who has a solid long term record of selling names at good prices.

The other thing of course is to stay current on what is selling. So to give us a little experience predicting, a name sold today real(.)men on Sedo. It is probably not yet known to you, just came out, and not yet on NameBio. Without looking at the Sedo list, why not try to decide what you would price it at, and then go check the value and share how close you were. :xf.smile: or not :xf.frown: (you can find it at the bottom of the list here, but be sure to make your personal prediction before looking - no cheating!)

cheap Bob (ps off to save money on bread)

•••
This is good advice. Great post!

•••
In my view in the current market it is pointless trying to register new tlds. I would strongly suggest you buy in the aftermarket from a site such as brands.international who have the highest quality ntlds available at domainer friendly price.

If you want more information DM me.

•••
In many ways I think two word .com, brandables and new gTLD domain names have a similar issue to the new domain extensions. What the +&* ! do I mean by that?
  • In two word com the issue is with a whole dictionary of words it is surprisingly hard not to have someone fine similarly good two word domains if they try hard enough. Now lots of companies just don't want to work that hard seeking out or creating two words, so are happy to pay $2000 or something from a market with a huge portfolio, or using a site like Afternic, Sedo or Undeveloped, and simply buy one. But fundamentally two word .com have a uniqueness problem.
  • What about brandables? Making up great brandables not yet registered is hard (it hurts my brain when I try it). But really, with all the combinations possible, it is hard for there not to be multiple other ones that are almost equally good. I actually think AI could be developed that would do a good job of creating brandables. So again brandables have a uniqueness problem.
  • For new gTLDs it is a uniqueness problem, but a different one. Here the issue is often there is another extension that is equally good. Like tech or technology, .global or .world, loan or loans, the many property ones, etc. The huge choice in extensions give ngTLDs a uniqueness problem.
So I think most of the domain market is more similar than we sometimes think. Who doesn't have a uniqueness problem? True dictionary words with value in single word .com. But even for those there is some uniqueness issue, especially in parts off the world where other extensions, either the country code or alternative legacy or new extensions, are seriously considered.

The scenario suggested by @ThatNameGuy points out essentially that there is not uniqueness, and there are options, although in many cases the end user does not know about them.

So what do I conclude? Domaining is hard! :xf.sick:

Bob

thank you for what you wrote... If you can, please help me understand what the problem exactly is with uniqueness? Why is uniqueness a problem and not a quality? A GIFT... or is it the marketing of uniqueness just like a unique person is not understood and they have to find ways that make it easy or easier to be understand (I work with that in my life). Your thoughts?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your response and detailed scenario. I agree 100% with the above. Whoever finds effective new ways to get a large pool of end users to consider names will be in a great position. I have a few thoughts on that and I know that you do as well.

Bob

I would love hearing some your "few thoughts" for "finds effective new ways to get a large pool of end users " Suggestions from you on what I can consider or research would be grrrrreat! if you'd like. Thank you.

•••
How about sharing some google search links where the nTLDs come up on the first page :):xf.grin::xf.wink:

I like the name Rutger... but I would never call my kid that name.

Last edited:
•••
IMG_4787.PNG
How about sharing some google search links where the nTLDs come up on the first page :):xf.grin::xf.wink:

I like the name Rutger... but I would never call my kid that name.
Do you mean like the above from today? Search for -- domain name phrase -- no punctuation, and first on page one is a .win site I know well.:xf.wink: At least from Canada. I must get around to updating the info on that page. From an old man with no SEO skills.

Or type --- CES show --- and you get a .tech at top of page 1.

Or type --- NamesCon Global --- and of course a .global is at top page 1.

Or type --- Alphabet investor relations --- and an .xyz leads page 1.

Or type --- the space nation --- not surprisingly multi-million member strong Asgardia with their .space leads page 1

But really whether something is there or not is mainly about content, and reliability, and not about domain names.

Most long term web reliable sites have been on .com a long time, so most Google page 1 are from them.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back