Domain Empire

debate How to make a 7-digits domain sale !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Cyril.Best

Established Member
.Best Staff
Impact
DPs,

I create this thread because I start to understand one big paradox of this industry.

Everyone has its own chapel and certitudes on everything whatever is domain name appraisal, dotcom vs ngtld, blablabla ... - why not ?

But the reality is that only few of you as already sold something for 7-digits in his/her life to a buyer - whatever it's a domain name or anything else.

The first time, I had this chance, I was 20 years old (a long time ago;), I was very lucky because it was not just a domain - it was a full website, a marketplace, but I learned something for the rest of my business life :

What makes the price of a domain name is not the domain itself (whatever is the name or the extension) - it's the buyer - it's the business opportunity or the threat for the buyer !

All the rest : sales tactics, story, emotions .... are pure cosmetics and/or bullshit to go to the deal.

So, to answer the initial question : How to make a 7-digits domain sale ?

The right answer is : Don't chase after the perfect domain, chase after the perfect buyer !

and then bring the perfect domain to your buyer.

You will see - price will then be secondary at the end of the game.

Hope it helps.

All the .Best,

CF

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You realize for $1 million a company could nearly buy the rights to a new gtld extension and own the entire market.

But no....let's purchase a grammatically-backward domain name instead and garner all the prestige of it.

Raises the additional question of why a company would be okay with you disclosing the sale price even before a transaction has gone through. Must be part of the negotiating tactic: boast about private information on a Namepros thread.

We are definitely dealing with professionals here. Thanks for the advertisement. I just wish you would of put a skip button in the corner like they do on Youtube.

•••
Here @NamePros ,No one will offer you more than 20$ for whatever domain name to have, Ironic!

•••
no offence but I see no respect or kindness in your post above ;)

in fact I find your post and words the most disturbing, negative and unfriendly comments and words offered in this thread so far.

perhaps next time you will want to practice what you preach so rest of us "unhinged pack of rabid monkeys" can actually learn something from you. :)

Agree, the particular member @lolwarrior is a major source of disagreements in threads. He is at it all day with his aggressively worded posts, sniping posts, reporting people to NP staff who disagree with him, telling others to do things he refuses to do (e.g. reporting sales).

Last edited:
•••
It's easy to sell domains for 7 figures.

$45 USD = 1,042,463₫ (Vietnamese Dongs)

•••
•••
OK @Internet.Domains, so be ready coz it should be long ;

Regarding our THE.Best social network, I would suggest for those who have an interest that you look at our Namescon presentation that you can find on https://www.go.best

But in few words here is our domain name strategy :

Most ngtlds are focusing on selling domains to SMB or Corps. We want to sell domains to SMB through our registrars (go.Best), to Big Corps through our Best Protection Program (brands.best), and ... to the social media users through our own social network (THE.Best)

On the SMB and Corp side we totally disagree with all generic tld : .Best is not a competitor of the .com will never be. All the ngtld that claim/would like to replace the .com are already dead or will be absorbed time after time.

As for THE.Best social network here it is : It's the First social network based on a TLD where you can review anything you want.

Our 4 main differences are :

- Decentralized : Each user has a a real website with a real .Best domain instead of just having a social media account (ex : https://www.cyril.best vs https://twitter.com/FremontCyril)

- Responsible : each user is the owner and so the reponsible of its content (one think that could be usefull here sometimes;) ) This avoid us for instance to have to moderate our user content.

- Rewarded : We share/paid our contributors based on the number of visits/clics/engagement they have on their reviews. Like on youtube.

- Global : As for the decentralization we are already working with the MIIT to be accredited newt year on the .Best TLD and so will be the 1st social network to be in USA, Europe & China.

As for the business model here it is - fast your seat belt :

On the B2C side :

THE.Best will be a buyer of .best domains . THE.Best social network will buy domains for its users but not any .Best domains (numeric domains) that will be put in a specific class of domains dedicated to the social network.

Means it's a FREEMIUM business model on the user side : You register, we give you a free .Best domain with a real website like (cyril.best) and if you want to customize your name (as this is exactly the main and principle asset of all social media users and influencers), then you have to pay a membership for your domain.

On the B2B side :

Brands will pay a membership fees to :

- monitor their reviews coz it's fully decentralized so they have to pay a membership by brand/trademark/competitor they want to follow.

- sponsor users reviews

Don't want to go too far in details here coz it's not the problems of domainers except on one thing.

You all saw .tk collapsing. and they collapse for one reason, because it was not protected.

So now listen, THE.Best social network will be FREE as .TK was, it is fully protected coz it's a full content solution not just a domain name, and it will be rewarded !

Now guess what .TK whatever you or everybody can think is still the 2nd largest TLD in volumes with 22M. It was blacklisted like i said for all th reasons we know.

But what will happen my friends and I bet whatever you want on it is that we will spread more .best in the root than .TK and fully protected with real and unique user content for google.

So our objective is not 22M - our objective is about 100M users = .best domains by 2023 !

Yep 100M users = domains by 2023.

You think I am crazy !

You are right : I am conservative compare to quora for instance that start to reward its users for content and is now +300M active users !

So, for the .Best registry, what will be the boom effect. Like I said first, if you look at what happened right now you will see that people our now even buying social media names on ebay, ...

So we think thaht this is exactly what will happened also for us on the aftermarket with our .best domain names. Plus, using strong keywords in your name to make related reviews on hotels in NYC for instance will help get more traffic and so more money for the reviewers. So same, those names will have get some added value on the field.

Voilà, it's about 3:87 my friends and I would say that today you killed me. Answering 5 thread where people shot you is too much for me now. I assume it was the NP's initiation so I am good with that.

And I apologize if I hurt and/or seems disrespectfull for any of you - that was not my intention.

And sorry for my english or pardon my french ;)

I have nothing against the trader community and don't be offense but it's true my dream is not to be a trader (nothing agains that), but I want to be game changer.

One last point, I chased the .Best acquisition since 5 years and worked with 10 of my close friends on THE.Best social network since 2 years.

We'll open it to the public at the WEB SUMMIT in Lisbon in November in front of 20K people :

Like I said, I am/ we are not a scammer or trying to pump the .Best - if we say /announce something it's happening - I know exactly where I am going and what I am doing.

Of course, we are not perfect, there is still a lot of work to do but we have a strong vision, the innovation and we are just now starting the execution. and trust me execution is my fav part of the game.

As for the deal, I will get back to you once we had the return from namebio so please be patient and try to not to kill me during the next days coz I have plenty others things to do right now.

I said and I will give you all information in a fully transparent mode like I did since the beginning so keep cool and be patient.

I said we have the engagement letter for the moment (no more).

Once we will take/accept the final sales decision, we will communicate on this.

Our Engagement Letter is valid for 30 days so we have time to take the right decision at the right price.

no hurry.

All the .Best for you, your domains and your business no matter which domains you like, you byu, you sell - I wish you success.

Sincerely,

Cyril FREMONT - CEO .Best & THE.Best

Thank you @Cyril.Best. It is great to see you here and sharing your experience and thoughts. Wish you all the best.

•••
If your a real domainer you need to report every sale. Every domain name sold needs to be reported so that the keyword price precedence is raised. If you own other dot best extensions or other hotel names your only hindering future sales hiding results. If you owned car dot best you can now ask a million dollars if you set a precedence with the sell price for the keyword + extension best. If you own hotel dot links you could ask a milllion now you have set a precedence for the keywords hotel only if you can prove it.

If you sold a dot best really for a million dollars you have not only done yourself a favor but the entire industry hooray your a hero but we call totall bull.

Last edited:
•••
OK @Internet.Domains, so be ready coz it should be long ;

Regarding our THE.Best social network, I would suggest for those who have an interest that you look at our Namescon presentation that you can find on https://www.go.best

But in few words here is our domain name strategy :

Most ngtlds are focusing on selling domains to SMB or Corps. We want to sell domains to SMB through our registrars (go.Best), to Big Corps through our Best Protection Program (brands.best), and ... to the social media users through our own social network (THE.Best)

On the SMB and Corp side we totally disagree with all generic tld : .Best is not a competitor of the .com will never be. All the ngtld that claim/would like to replace the .com are already dead or will be absorbed time after time.

As for THE.Best social network here it is : It's the First social network based on a TLD where you can review anything you want.

Our 4 main differences are :

- Decentralized : Each user has a a real website with a real .Best domain instead of just having a social media account (ex : https://www.cyril.best vs https://twitter.com/FremontCyril)

- Responsible : each user is the owner and so the reponsible of its content (one think that could be usefull here sometimes;) ) This avoid us for instance to have to moderate our user content.

- Rewarded : We share/paid our contributors based on the number of visits/clics/engagement they have on their reviews. Like on youtube.

- Global : As for the decentralization we are already working with the MIIT to be accredited newt year on the .Best TLD and so will be the 1st social network to be in USA, Europe & China.

As for the business model here it is - fast your seat belt :

On the B2C side :

THE.Best will be a buyer of .best domains . THE.Best social network will buy domains for its users but not any .Best domains (numeric domains) that will be put in a specific class of domains dedicated to the social network.

Means it's a FREEMIUM business model on the user side : You register, we give you a free .Best domain with a real website like (cyril.best) and if you want to customize your name (as this is exactly the main and principle asset of all social media users and influencers), then you have to pay a membership for your domain.

On the B2B side :

Brands will pay a membership fees to :

- monitor their reviews coz it's fully decentralized so they have to pay a membership by brand/trademark/competitor they want to follow.

- sponsor users reviews

Don't want to go too far in details here coz it's not the problems of domainers except on one thing.

You all saw .tk collapsing. and they collapse for one reason, because it was not protected.

So now listen, THE.Best social network will be FREE as .TK was, it is fully protected coz it's a full content solution not just a domain name, and it will be rewarded !

Now guess what .TK whatever you or everybody can think is still the 2nd largest TLD in volumes with 22M. It was blacklisted like i said for all th reasons we know.

But what will happen my friends and I bet whatever you want on it is that we will spread more .best in the root than .TK and fully protected with real and unique user content for google.

So our objective is not 22M - our objective is about 100M users = .best domains by 2023 !

Yep 100M users = domains by 2023.

You think I am crazy !

You are right : I am conservative compare to quora for instance that start to reward its users for content and is now +300M active users !

So, for the .Best registry, what will be the boom effect. Like I said first, if you look at what happened right now you will see that people our now even buying social media names on ebay, ...

So we think thaht this is exactly what will happened also for us on the aftermarket with our .best domain names. Plus, using strong keywords in your name to make related reviews on hotels in NYC for instance will help get more traffic and so more money for the reviewers. So same, those names will have get some added value on the field.

Voilà, it's about 3:87 my friends and I would say that today you killed me. Answering 5 thread where people shot you is too much for me now. I assume it was the NP's initiation so I am good with that.

And I apologize if I hurt and/or seems disrespectfull for any of you - that was not my intention.

And sorry for my english or pardon my french ;)

I have nothing against the trader community and don't be offense but it's true my dream is not to be a trader (nothing agains that), but I want to be game changer.

One last point, I chased the .Best acquisition since 5 years and worked with 10 of my close friends on THE.Best social network since 2 years.

We'll open it to the public at the WEB SUMMIT in Lisbon in November in front of 20K people :

Like I said, I am/ we are not a scammer or trying to pump the .Best - if we say /announce something it's happening - I know exactly where I am going and what I am doing.

Of course, we are not perfect, there is still a lot of work to do but we have a strong vision, the innovation and we are just now starting the execution. and trust me execution is my fav part of the game.

As for the deal, I will get back to you once we had the return from namebio so please be patient and try to not to kill me during the next days coz I have plenty others things to do right now.

I said and I will give you all information in a fully transparent mode like I did since the beginning so keep cool and be patient.

I said we have the engagement letter for the moment (no more).

Once we will take/accept the final sales decision, we will communicate on this.

Our Engagement Letter is valid for 30 days so we have time to take the right decision at the right price.

no hurry.

All the .Best for you, your domains and your business no matter which domains you like, you byu, you sell - I wish you success.

Sincerely,

Cyril FREMONT - CEO .Best & THE.Best

Couldn't you have started with this post? Interesting approach and it's a refreshing concept.

If the social network gains traction I can see this work. You're definitely exploring uncharted territory which is something more registries should do. Extension wise, not a fan but I like the technology and the vision.

•••
This is eye-opening. Thanks so much Cyril.

•••
So sad to see all commenting here negatively. @Cyril.Best CEO is communicating with every member on NP. At least respect the people as human being. He is at least presenting his project and never forced anyone to buy that extension. I am not in to .Best project and have no experience on that but i have learnt to read - research and understand the stuff not to over react like how others are doing. Put yourself first at his place then talk. He achieved something. He showed to the world meaning of decentralization. Have you all understand the impact of it to the industry. You all will never understand that you all just want to create crap on internet. I have seen NP half of the threads is full on oppositions who really don't want someone to come up. This is the reality. But i believe strong project never ever fails. I respect the CEO of .Best. His way is totally different. How can you tag Salesman? How can you insult like this? AND why everyone is behind the reports- details? Guy already told many threads that deal is done and will reveal up The whole NP is salesman let me tell you. Each and every person coming here for some benefits so don't tech him what is profit and what is loss. Stay blessed. .Best will soon dominate the industry and thats what i believe. Every comments will invest on this soon. Wait and watch. Stay blessed ;)

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
If anyone doesn't understand this new strategy, https://www.go.best and the fact that it will work, then they haven't been around the block very long.

@Cyril.Best the only worry I have is that another tyrant will be born out of this process, a new lockdown, more bureaucracy, people and small businesses getting locked out and penalised, the rise of a new elitist system.

Decentralised Dictatorship. Take your Soma.Best

•••
•••
I often buy Gold memberships on a forum a few days after joining, just so I can make a post saying I made 7 figures sailing something in that industry (despite being new), then make fun of everyone else who have been on the forum and that industry for years saying "they've never sold... and here's why!"

veri legit.

•••
I can fully understand that a site with a name that rhymes with booking in com would snap up hotels.best for 1M

They just saved a few M later on

•••
I can fully understand that a site with a name that rhymes with booking in com would snap up hotels.best for 1M

They just saved a few M later on
Hi Cyril!

•••
Thinking you are creating the next great travel site using nothing new or proprietary outside of a grammatically-backwards ngtld domain name, Claiming you have a finalized a $1M deal while simultaneously asking strangers on a forum to appraise your domain name, and Saying you only want to create a discussion while shutting down experienced domainers and continually pushing your website to register .best domains...

Sounds legit!

•••
•••
I am learning every day Soon I will use this method to make my very own 7 digits sale Thanks

•••
This guy Is promoting .best and that's it

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
So sad to see all commenting here negatively. @Cyril.Best CEO is communicating with every member on NP. At least respect the people as human being. He is at least presenting his project and never forced anyone to buy that extension. I am not in to .Best project and have no experience on that but i have learnt to read - research and understand the stuff not to over react like how others are doing. Put yourself first at his place then talk. He achieved something. He showed to the world meaning of decentralization. Have you all understand the impact of it to the industry. You all will never understand that you all just want to create crap on internet. I have seen NP half of the threads is full on oppositions who really don't want someone to come up. This is the reality. But i believe strong project never ever fails. I respect the CEO of .Best. His way is totally different. How can you tag Salesman? How can you insult like this? AND why everyone is behind the reports- details? Guy already told many threads that deal is done and will reveal up The whole NP is salesman let me tell you. Each and every person coming here for some benefits so don't tech him what is profit and what is loss. Stay blessed. .Best will soon dominate the industry and thats what i believe. Every comments will invest on this soon. Wait and watch. Stay blessed ;)

bless you too.
welcome to namepros and to my ignore list.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back