IT.COM

How to get Rich selling Domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

fabrio

Established Member
Impact
Hello Guys. I just stop by to tell you my story!
I was selling bunch of LLLL.com here at loss. Sometimes I will be lucky if I got one sold for over $100.
Yes I lost some money. All my buyers still remember all the cheap domain names they bought from me here.
Then one day I had a birthday party for my little girl when she turned 5 years old. Her best friend at her party name was "Tatiana" .I decided to register a Similar name and try to sell it.
Yes I registered a similar name. (I cannot tell you the domain name due to the terms of the sale)
A week after the Domain name registration I received an e-mail stating the following:
"Dear Mr ......we have been informed that you are the new owner of (domain name) which happens to be my daughter First Name. How much you want for it ?"
Our Reply was a joke as follow:
"Hey dude ! our price is $5 millions in American dollars. Take it our leave it".
The Reply was a Jackpot.
"Our lawyers will get back to you for $2 millions. This is my final offer".
I fell off the floor . I could not believe it .I called my lawyer who is also my friend to take over the deal.
Yes ! the buyer is a billionaire from a Country I am not going to name.
This rare private deal could not be mentioned anywhere on the web due to the terms of the sale.
Yes Guys ! please be patient when selling Domain names. One day, Just one day you will be Lucky.
It took only one domain name to make me millionaire.
Good Luck !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dream on fictional fantasy island !

:xf.wink:

•••
Is that guy from Nigeria? :D
You guys had better not bring Nigeria into this... I swear, it wont be funny. Just face the OP squarely and I mean every word of it!

•••
I really dont bother if this is true story or not, but i am surely inspired B-)

Keep inspiring :xf.wink:

•••
If this story is LEGIT, congrats!

-Omar

•••
If this story is LEGIT, congrats!

-Omar

With the choice of words in quoted response, it seems to be only a fantasy though I had like to believe the OP:

"Hey dude ! our price is $5 millions in American dollars. Take it our leave it"

And the dude straight out responds back: "But I will only give $2 Million." :)

•••
I remember when I closed a 7 fig sale... here's a picture from the party I threw:

money_girl1.jpg

•••
I remember when I closed a 7 fig sale... here's a picture from the party I threw:

money_girl1.jpg

Of course, I remember buying that domain from you.
I sold it to a chinaman dude for a cool $10 million in chinese dollars !! :D

•••
Remember one day when I got 10K Euro offer for beauty woman name on russian domain forum.
Of course it's more realistic than 2milj.

•••
would be true if :

1. it was in the '90s and he regged ANNA.com or Mary.com and sold it to Abramovich (chelsea owner)
2. he needed to buy a certificate :D :D :D

any way please post proof of the bank accnt and transaction, you can close the name of the sender and beneficiary...

else GTFO.

peace everyone.

•••
'...and then I woke up and realized that this was only a dream.'

No - beside all joking - if this fairytale is really true - than yeah this is really a perfect example what could happen ANY TIME to ANYONE, albeit of course very rarely - and not exactly in the same way (and not only in domainbiz) but you all know what is meant.

We have to 'believe in storys like this', although when it is hard to believe and completely equal if it is true or not. The most important thing in this 'psy game' is, not to be disappointed if things are not going to happen like we wish.
Because there is always the enormous space of other opportunities which could happen.

Last edited:
•••
"
2million would make you a well known figure within the domain industry...

MANY big dollar sales never appear in a public domaining forum and there is no way anyone outside the buyer and seller would ever know.

I do not know, I do not think millionaires come to forums - just my opinion.

I guarantee that they do, probably more than you think. A nice house a few cars and a 4o1K makes it easy to be a millionaire for any professional. Whether people who made a million dollars in domaining come here or not, I don't know.

•••
Hello Guys. I just stop by to tell you my story!

A true story by the looks of things.

All my buyers still remember all the cheap domain names they bought from me here.

Not a good way to be remembered, but nonetheless.

Then one day I had a birthday party for my little girl when she turned 5 years old. Her best friend at her party name was "Tatiana" .I decided to register a Similar name and try to sell it.

Your daughter's friend.

Yes I registered a similar name. (I cannot tell you the domain name due to the terms of the sale)

Of course, we understand.

A week after the Domain name registration I received an e-mail stating the following:
"Dear Mr ......we have been informed that you are the new owner of (domain name) which happens to be my daughter First Name. How much you want for it ?"

The billionaire's daughter.

Our Reply was a joke as follow:
"Hey dude ! our price is $5 millions in American dollars. Take it our leave it".

$5 Millions (plural) dude.

The Reply was a Jackpot.
"Our lawyers will get back to you for $2 millions. This is my final offer".

$2 Millions (plural) jackpot.

So first the billionaire gets back to you with the offer, then the lawyer will get back to you with the same offer- sounds normal to me.

I fell off the floor . I could not believe it .

I fell through the floor, once.. couldn't believe it myself:

slip-fall-through-floor.jpg

Then twice...

fallingthroughc.jpg

Yes ! the buyer is a billionaire from a Country I am not going to name.

Zimbabwe.

This rare private deal could not be mentioned anywhere on the web due to the terms of the sale.

Except on Namepros.

Yes Guys !

Yes indeed.

Yes...

Just one day

Okay...

you will be Lucky.

Thanks, I hope so too.

It took only one domain name to make me millionaire.

Enjoy the $2 Millions.

•••
•••
@NPer Holy F'n Shit! You should be a writer buddy!

•••
for the people who say this could happen to anyone.

sure it could.

Consider this. How many reported and verified seven figure sales do exist? Not as many as you might think. Namebio shows 95 .com having at least a 1000k sale price.

Now if we assume that only a small fraction was made public lets say 5% we still have a fairly small number.

Well it's large enough to happen frequently but it does not happen that often.

Now look at the names that sold for 7 figures, Most a very very good and a rare domains.

How many handreg type names were sold for 7 figures? I don't know of any but there might be some but i doubt that they are many. Look at 50 7 figure sales and tell me how many you see.

So even if they would exist it must be a really tiny number.

IMO it's more likely to win the lottery than this.

Last edited:
•••
for the people who say this could happen to anyone.

sure it could.

Consider this. How many reported and verified seven figure sales do exist? Not as many as you might think. Namebio shows 95 .com having at least a 1000k sale price.

Now if we assume that only a small fraction was made public lets say 5% we still have a fairly small number.

Well it's large enough to happen frequently but it does not happen that often.

Now look at the names that sold for 7 figures, Most a very very good and a rare domains.

How many handreg type names were sold for 7 figures? I don't know of any but there might be some but i doubt that they are many. Look at 50 7 figure sales and tell me how many you see.

So even if they would exist it must be a really tiny number.

The problem isn't THE NEWS, the problem is THE REPORTER and HIS STYLE.
The way a reporter reports a BIG story, you can tell whether there is some truth to it or not.
Of course, $MM deals happen every month, month after month, mostly privately.

•••

And people win their lottery on a regular basis, at least once a week somewhere I would guess.

•••
@NPer

LOL, that was too good :) I got a stomach ache reading through that very detailed post :P

especially those pictures... lol. Creative man!

•••
Daughter name = Caitlyn
Billionaire = Kardashian

Typical Hollywood story/spin

•••
Even I have received one offer like this. But he asked me to get the appraisal certificate from some site.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

•••
•••
I have to add, this thread brings some fun to otherwise serious forum!

•••
- What is your name?
- Strange name, is there any reason for it?
- Yes, the domain was aviable for reg.

•••
I'm curious to know if it's a true story!?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back