IT.COM

How to get Rich selling Domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

fabrio

Established Member
Impact
Hello Guys. I just stop by to tell you my story!
I was selling bunch of LLLL.com here at loss. Sometimes I will be lucky if I got one sold for over $100.
Yes I lost some money. All my buyers still remember all the cheap domain names they bought from me here.
Then one day I had a birthday party for my little girl when she turned 5 years old. Her best friend at her party name was "Tatiana" .I decided to register a Similar name and try to sell it.
Yes I registered a similar name. (I cannot tell you the domain name due to the terms of the sale)
A week after the Domain name registration I received an e-mail stating the following:
"Dear Mr ......we have been informed that you are the new owner of (domain name) which happens to be my daughter First Name. How much you want for it ?"
Our Reply was a joke as follow:
"Hey dude ! our price is $5 millions in American dollars. Take it our leave it".
The Reply was a Jackpot.
"Our lawyers will get back to you for $2 millions. This is my final offer".
I fell off the floor . I could not believe it .I called my lawyer who is also my friend to take over the deal.
Yes ! the buyer is a billionaire from a Country I am not going to name.
This rare private deal could not be mentioned anywhere on the web due to the terms of the sale.
Yes Guys ! please be patient when selling Domain names. One day, Just one day you will be Lucky.
It took only one domain name to make me millionaire.
Good Luck !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Story is good. Sounds like an appraisal scam though?

•••
Great dreams bro...dream on

•••
http://www.tatiana.com/ -the website |

Tatiana Chulochnikova - the name of the daughter..

Maybe this is True, the girl on the website looks like a daughter of a billionaire to me :)

•••
A true story by the looks of things.

Not a good way to be remembered, but nonetheless.

Your daughter's friend.

Of course, we understand.

The billionaire's daughter.

$5 Millions (plural) dude.

$2 Millions (plural) jackpot.

So first the billionaire gets back to you with the offer, then the lawyer will get back to you with the same offer- sounds normal to me.

I fell through the floor, once.. couldn't believe it myself:

slip-fall-through-floor.jpg

Then twice...

fallingthroughc.jpg

Zimbabwe.

Except on Namepros.

Yes indeed.

Yes...

Okay...

Thanks, I hope so too.

Enjoy the $2 Millions.
OMG... DUDE, you killed me with laugh...

•••
•••
Holly smokes..... this is one of those surreal stories. Got my mind working here thinking up ways to somehow target a sub niche within these names..lol like celebrity kids names or something like that... hmmm :)

•••
Lol...OKAY! so now, I just scooped up Vanisha.online :)

"Vanisha Mittal, daughter of India’s second richest man, Lakshmi Mittal. The steel tycoon spared no expense on his youngest child’s nuptials, which are estimated to have cost around $60 million. The family flew 1,000 guests from all over the world by private jet to France, where the festivities lasted six full days"

Gonna park it for now.... will go with a BIN price of $150 000

If anyone out there has any contact with the Mittals, feel free to act as a broker and keep whatever u make over and above my $150 000 asking price...

:)

•••
Next time when anyone approaches me for a domain I will reply "hey you d##khead..my price is 10million dollars, pay that much and the mthr### domain is yours..else take your A## out of my email"
Then he might offer me 4millions. I have got a dream :rolleyes::rolleyes:

•••
Wow! That was luck for you man.

•••
Take a look at the archive.org of tatiana.com - could well be telling the truth! Up until September this year is was parked.

Hope this story is true and that it happens to more and more of our fellow domainers.

Peace :D

•••
But the OP says the domain name is NOT tatiana, it's some other SIMILAR name but not tatiana.

•••
I think anything is possible.....

Why not grab a few good TLD's with the dumb@ss couple of the decade, baby's name.. NorthWest.com/net/org/online/whatever else..

Then wait for them to name their second baby and do the same.....lol

I probably should have just kept quiet and did it myself... hhahaa.. oh well.

•••
Domain was tatianavip.com and it's already makes profit for Tatiana, so i thing it was good investment.

•••
•••
Geez people... why is everyone trying to figure out what the domain is and then also going as far as publishing in here on the thread after the OP clearly stated that he can not share information of the domain due to the terms of the sale. If the OP's story is legit and he sold this domain to a VIP millionaire then what if this persons or people working for him come across a thread like this and lets say one of you guessed correctly... then you would be causing problems for both the millionaire, his daughter and the seller.

•••
Hey I have these for sale if anyone's interested. 50% off this week only

Tatiana888.com $250k
Kimberly888.com $299k
Shaniqua888.com $179k
Polly8675309.com $99k
Jenniferabcdefghijklmnop.com $78k
Angelaqrstuvwxyz.com $125k
T--a--t--i--a--n--a.com only $750k (obvious bargain)
tttttaaaaatttttiiiiiaaaaannnnnaaaaa.com $45k

Priced for quick sale.
No appraisal needed.

Make offers on

Tatianadrones.com
GreenTatiana.com
TatianaCloud.com
TatianaBitcoin.com
TatianaStack.com
TatianaDiscount.com
TatianaCoin.con
TatianaWeed.com
GanjaTatiana.com
SendGlitterToYourTatiana.com
TatianaForPresident.com
BestTatiana.com
SaveOnTatiana.com

Thanks!

•••
i guess eveyone is buying up girls names now, the smart ones will also go for the boys names ;)

•••
cool story, $2 million is a big sum..a really jackpot for a normal people. Congratulation Sir!

•••
Lots of sales don't get reported. My biggest sale ever happened this year and it's not reported anywhere. Even my family doesn't know about it.

•••
Great Story and very congratulations for sale :)

•••
Forgive me for my skepticism - it just doesn't read like a true story and on the whole, billionaire or no billionaire, in my experience this is not the way people approach domain name acquisitions.

•••
Congratulations.. I hope I have the same luck... One day soon!
I think things just pop into our mind rather than trying/searching
So thats the way to go... Enjoy and all the best to you! :laugh:
I once got an email from Vice President of ***reg but the email
seemed slightly fishy. I researched on the net there was a scammer
using a similar name (our client is interested in... get an appraisal __ here)
-Who knows if it was real or not. Now I'm more familiar and think I'll
also get a better email address! If anyone can help sell my domain list holla!

•••
Nice story , bro.. i hope is real.. you are the lucky man.

•••
Hello Guys. I just stop by to tell you my story!
I was selling bunch of LLLL.com here at loss. Sometimes I will be lucky if I got one sold for over $100.
Yes I lost some money. All my buyers still remember all the cheap domain names they bought from me here.
Then one day I had a birthday party for my little girl when she turned 5 years old. Her best friend at her party name was "Tatiana" .I decided to register a Similar name and try to sell it.
Yes I registered a similar name. (I cannot tell you the domain name due to the terms of the sale)
A week after the Domain name registration I received an e-mail stating the following:
"Dear Mr ......we have been informed that you are the new owner of (domain name) which happens to be my daughter First Name. How much you want for it ?"
Our Reply was a joke as follow:
"Hey dude ! our price is $5 millions in American dollars. Take it our leave it".
The Reply was a Jackpot.
"Our lawyers will get back to you for $2 millions. This is my final offer".
I fell off the floor . I could not believe it .I called my lawyer who is also my friend to take over the deal.
Yes ! the buyer is a billionaire from a Country I am not going to name.
This rare private deal could not be mentioned anywhere on the web due to the terms of the sale.
Yes Guys ! please be patient when selling Domain names. One day, Just one day you will be Lucky.
It took only one domain name to make me millionaire.
Good Luck !

Ok, that is very nice, how did you spend that 2 million?

Now seriously, I have a big problem with this thread. The domain world is already a 'wild west' scenario and there are a lot of people getting in the industry every day. Now, I don't have a problem with that but I have a problem against liers and bullshitting which are constantly making people to lose money on fake news.

@Eric Lyon can you please get into this? It would be no problem if the OP can confirm and proove to you that what he is saying is for real and you can tell us after that. We don't need the domain name or the buyer's name, I think it is in NamePros' best interest to find out if this 2 Million domaining story is for real or it is just another scam to make newbies lose their investments into useless domain names and promote a fake idea about this business, you know what I mean.

So, without further fairy tales stories, is this for real or a big lie to all NamePros and domaining community? Mods?

Ps No disrespect intended for the OP but this is the kind of story that needs to be verified before being debated on a industry leading forum like NamePros.

•••
I don't know whether your story is true. Any have I too believe that one day and any second a change can happen to us. Thanks for your positive motivation especially for budding domain sellers like me. :xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile:

•••
Back