Dynadot

How to get Rich selling Domain names

NameSilo
Watch

fabrio

Established Member
Impact
Hello Guys. I just stop by to tell you my story!
I was selling bunch of LLLL.com here at loss. Sometimes I will be lucky if I got one sold for over $100.
Yes I lost some money. All my buyers still remember all the cheap domain names they bought from me here.
Then one day I had a birthday party for my little girl when she turned 5 years old. Her best friend at her party name was "Tatiana" .I decided to register a Similar name and try to sell it.
Yes I registered a similar name. (I cannot tell you the domain name due to the terms of the sale)
A week after the Domain name registration I received an e-mail stating the following:
"Dear Mr ......we have been informed that you are the new owner of (domain name) which happens to be my daughter First Name. How much you want for it ?"
Our Reply was a joke as follow:
"Hey dude ! our price is $5 millions in American dollars. Take it our leave it".
The Reply was a Jackpot.
"Our lawyers will get back to you for $2 millions. This is my final offer".
I fell off the floor . I could not believe it .I called my lawyer who is also my friend to take over the deal.
Yes ! the buyer is a billionaire from a Country I am not going to name.
This rare private deal could not be mentioned anywhere on the web due to the terms of the sale.
Yes Guys ! please be patient when selling Domain names. One day, Just one day you will be Lucky.
It took only one domain name to make me millionaire.
Good Luck !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I love this story, anyway

•••
•••
•••
If you don't know what to do with all that money, I'll accept a milli from you to help out. :xf.grin:

•••
Step 1.

Hand reg the names of children of various billionaires. (man I feel sorry for Chase Koch, what were they thinking with that one.)

Step 2.

Wait for 2 million dollar offer or UDRP, hope the former arrives first.

Step 3.

Profit.

Easy game.

Congrats OP but it kind of feels like you won the lotto on this one.

•••
we could all agree that we all sold our LLLL's for peanuts
thaz for sure
rest ied say congrax

•••
Sounds almost too surreal, but then again i have heard stranger stories before so i guess anything is possible.. *thumbs up*
i just hope you have these $ 2 million in your bank account by now before you published this story.. surer deals have gone up into air at last second before..

@iAchilles
UDRP would not have changed anything here, since it is just a first name.. and the Billionaire's daughter most probably not commonly known to public by that name to warrant some sort of exclusive rights to that name..

•••
@fabrio congrats to you and your sale.
If you still have those 4L Com's for sale at $100 send me your list lol

•••
How to get rich selling domain names: Win the lottery.

Thanks for the helpful advice. :-/

•••
Yeah, okay - fun story, but that is all this is.

Do you know why people are billionaires?

I'll tell you; It's not because they pay $2 million to people dollars with crappy hand regs especially with a response like "Hey dude!". Multi-billion dollar corporations have done some pretty 'stealth' things to acquire domains 'on the cheap'.

•••
Thanks for smooth deal, my little Tatiana now is so happy! Now i'm looking domain for my puppy, is there any for sale?

•••
Hello Guys. I just stop by to tell you my story!
I was selling bunch of LLLL.com here at loss. Sometimes I will be lucky if I got one sold for over $100.
Yes I lost some money. All my buyers still remember all the cheap domain names they bought from me here.
Then one day I had a birthday party for my little girl when she turned 5 years old. Her best friend at her party name was "Tatiana" .I decided to register a Similar name and try to sell it.
Yes I registered a similar name. (I cannot tell you the domain name due to the terms of the sale)
A week after the Domain name registration I received an e-mail stating the following:
"Dear Mr ......we have been informed that you are the new owner of (domain name) which happens to be my daughter First Name. How much you want for it ?"
Our Reply was a joke as follow:
"Hey dude ! our price is $5 millions in American dollars. Take it our leave it".
The Reply was a Jackpot.
"Our lawyers will get back to you for $2 millions. This is my final offer".
I fell off the floor . I could not believe it .I called my lawyer who is also my friend to take over the deal.
Yes ! the buyer is a billionaire from a Country I am not going to name.
This rare private deal could not be mentioned anywhere on the web due to the terms of the sale.
Yes Guys ! please be patient when selling Domain names. One day, Just one day you will be Lucky.
It took only one domain name to make me millionaire.
Good Luck !

I had that same dream.

•••
Wow, Fabrio. I have seen you selling here LLLLs. We have dealt couple of times I think. I am so much happy for you. Wish you great life ahead.

•••
Do you know why people are billionaires?

I'll tell you; It's not because they pay $2 million to people dollars with crappy hand regs especially with a response like "Hey dude!"

My thoughts.
I really thought I had a strong fantasy but I guess there's a way to go...

•••
@fabrio congrats to you and your sale.
If you still have those 4L Com's for sale at $100 send me your list lol
I would also like some but I think he sold them.

•••
•••
As legit as the man in my avatar. I hope it's real though, but as someone said it's pretty much like winning the lottery, if what you say is true.

Last edited:
•••
Heck, this is no big deal. Happened to me twice so far, though for more than what the OP got. Wish I could share the names with everyone here and the whole domaining world, but just like with the OP here -
(I cannot tell you the domain name due to the terms of the sale)
But can I tell you, $8 hang regs and $2-$5 million no-problem quick reply offers and sales are definitely the way to riches in domaining. They happen more than most realize. (..no, seriously!!)

•••
The story could be checked though ) there are not many permutations around "tatiana", I guess, that are usable as a name )

•••
Congratulations! - you will be rich... right after you buy a domain certificate to prove it's worth 2 mil.
(weird, I thought it's November not April)

•••
cool-story-bro.jpg

•••
@bluebox you are right :-D he must buy a certificate before ;) I receive offers like this everyday !!

•••
Heck, this is no big deal. Happened to me twice so far, though for more than what the OP got. Wish I could share the names with everyone here and the whole domaining world, but just like with the OP here -
But can I tell you, $8 hang regs and $2-$5 million no-problem quick reply offers and sales are definitely the way to riches in domaining. They happen more than most realize. (..no, seriously!!)
Not just Once but Twice. That's Amazing!

•••
Wow that's cool story, I love it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back