Dynadot

How to Get Reputation?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Again, I want to ask this. I have learned about $NP and understand it. And now want to learn about reputation. I see a lot of members have stars under their profile. What is that exactly? and how can they get it? I'm sorry if this question is stupid sounds, but I'm curious to know about it :red:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dave in Carthage said:
Lol, it's not that I don't ever give it.. just that I only give it when I think it's been particularly well earned.

To me, giving rep is like a commendation for a job well done, when someone has done something out of the norm or gone the extra mile. If you give it to everyone, it tends to dilute the meaning :imho:

Another site I go to has a Thanks button and a Rep button. You can give Thanks for the useful posts and again, I save the Rep for something special.

That's just me.. if I give out 70+ rep points at a time because I don't give it out alot, it means a little more.

Again, :imho:

Don't take me too seriously Dave
B-) :lol:

•••
Positive Rep is pointless without the option for Negative Rep. It shoudl be removed or the Negitive Reps brought back.

•••
negative rep is still there as far as I can see ZuraX

•••
Answer is there in your question.

•••
negative rep is still there as far as I can see ZuraX

Its there but its "moderated". By that I mean it goes to /dev/null.

•••
I don't see too much of a need for negative rep to be honest -- if someone is doing something deserving of it, they probably have already broken one of the Namepros rules in doing so and hence are better dealt with by reporting the post.

Its there but its "moderated". By that I mean it goes to /dev/null.

•••
The same could be said about Pos rep. If they are a member then they have not broken NP ToS should they are OK.

•••
Honestly, I think the whole reputation system is just more or less something for fun just to say thanks when someone does a good post, something that negative rep takes away from. If negative rep was welcomed, I think we'd see a lot of people leaving negative rep just because they don't agree with a statement or don't like the person who made it.

A much better idea of how someone is as a domainer can be had by looking at what percentage of their Namepros transactions have resulted in a positive outcome for both parties.

The same could be said about Pos rep. If they are a member then they have not broken NP ToS should they are OK.

•••
A much better idea of how someone is as a domainer can be had by looking at what percentage of their Namepros transactions have resulted in a positive outcome for both parties.

I agree.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back