IT.COM

How to get EPP Auth code at west.xyz?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DNVantage

Established Member
Impact
I have unlocked the domain at west.xyz but am not able to find a button or link to get EPP/Auth code?

How to get EPP?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
West's interface is very confusing indeed. I would like to help you but currently I can't connect to west.xyz so I'll try out of memory.

What you need to do is start the transfer after unlocking the domain. To do that you need to initiate a process where a security code will arrive in your email and you have to put that code in the slot you will see on the interface.
*only then* you can start the transfer which will require yet another email, this time with the transfer code.

Again, that's only from memory but that's how it roughly works. You are probably stuck on the first code (that's where I also got stuck the first time I tried).

edit: forgot to add that the domain that's about to transfer out *must* have your email clearly shown on the whois or else you'll never be able to transfer out. If it doesn't then contact their support and ask them to send you the transfer code.

Last edited:
•••
initiate a process where a security code will arrive in your email and you have to put that code in the slot you will see on the interface.
*only then* you can start the transfer which will require yet another email, this time with the transfer code.

@Hypersot Thanks. I don't see a way to initiate the process to get the security code. What should I be looking for? Also, Whois privacy is disabled.

•••
Just got west working again.

Go to 'My Domains' -> 'Outgoing Transfers' and enter the domain to be transferred out
If you are not transferring to Godaddy then select 'other'

That's as far as I can go without having to start a transfer myself. After that it's as I described in my previous post: First you need to get some kind of security code and only then you can get the transfer code.

•••
West is Very reliable and no problems at all In china for many years.

•••
Go to 'My Domains' -> 'Outgoing Transfers' and enter the domain to be transferred out
If you are not transferring to Godaddy then select 'other'

Tried 'My Domains' -> 'Outgoing Transfers' , after entering the domain name, I get a 1 line message "cannot transfer out".

There is nothing on the webpage other than the 1 line message.

I tried 4 unlocked domains with no privacy, same message. Domains were registered in Jan/Feb 2019, so it is more than 60 days..

namepros-west-transfer-msg-201906011015.png

•••
That happened to me as well in the past with a domain I wanted to transfer out of West.
If I remember well, I changed something in the domain (privacy or ownership, don't really remember) and the lock got renewed so I couldn't transfer out.

I'm pretty sure something like that happened to you. Your best bet is to contact support and ask them to unlock the domain and make it ready for transfer. That's what I did to resolve the issue. Their support is very helpful so I suggest you try and contact them asap.

•••
the lock got renewed so I couldn't transfer out.

btw, I have not changed anything and all domains show unlocked in the panel. I can lock and unlock domains. but still same 1 line "cannot transfer out" message.

Thanks @Hypersot for taking time to reply and trying to help.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back