Dynadot

West.xyz Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DNGear

Swetha.xyzTop Member
Impact
Has anyone used West.xyz ? Seems like a really good domain registrar to me with good features and reasonable pricing. I haven't seen them mentioned on NamePros much though. Would like to hear people's opinions and experiences with West.xyz.

So far i have registered some .top names with them.

They have good customer support. They should change their user interface a bit.

Guys what are your thoughts?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for your support~:) We are here to get more opinions.

•••
99% newG chinese domainers are on west.xyz

•••
Here, we will let more people know us, know new GTLD! :) If any advice or questions, please do not hesitate to let us know!

•••
•••
Guys what are your thoughts?

Up to now we really appreciate the effort West.cn is putting in West.xyz to offer a full-fledged English platform to be used by the non-chinese speaking public. Most important for us is the fact that the registration and transfer of names works smoothly and, just as important, correctly.

We have to admit that not all text is fully and flawlessly translated, but we've been told they're still working on it, and as part of this project they appreciate to receive corrections and ideas for improvements from the customer.

One time I topped up my account credits by PayPal with $ 25, it turned out that the amount wasn't actually credited, so I mailed to [email protected] (see 'Contact us' on their site). Shortly thereafter my account credits were updated with the right amount, even though this all happened in the weekend. So our experience with their 'helpdesk' is okay.

A point of attention is the fact that the process of entering your personal details as required in the process of registration or transfer isn't seamlessly transitioned to the non-chinese market, so sometimes it's just not possible to enter the exact data you wish to, but they're working on that also, and it shouldn't be that difficult to adapt your data later once they're ready fixing this problem.

So judging from our experience so far, and taking into account the foregoing, we of YourDomain.online can recommend West.xyz wholeheartedly, not least because of their really reasonable registration and transfer prices.

•••
Up to now we really appreciate the effort West.cn is putting in West.xyz to offer a full-fledged English platform to be used by the non-chinese speaking public. Most important for us is the fact that the registration and transfer of names works smoothly and, just as important, correctly.

We have to admit that not all text is fully and flawlessly translated, but we've been told they're still working on it, and as part of this project they appreciate to receive corrections and ideas for improvements from the customer.

One time I topped up my account credits by PayPal with $ 25, it turned out that the amount wasn't actually credited, so I mailed to [email protected] (see 'Contact us' on their site). Shortly thereafter my account credits were updated with the right amount, even though this all happened in the weekend. So our experience with their 'helpdesk' is okay.

A point of attention is the fact that the process of entering your personal details as required in the process of registration or transfer isn't seamlessly transitioned to the non-chinese market, so sometimes it's just not possible to enter the exact data you wish to, but they're working on that also, and it shouldn't be that difficult to adapt your data later once they're ready fixing this problem.

So judging from our experience so far, and taking into account the foregoing, we of YourDomain.online can recommend West.xyz wholeheartedly, not least because of their really reasonable registration and transfer prices.
Thanks for your support and trust! we will always try to improve ourselves! Hope you have a good experience on west.xyz!:-D:rolleyes:;)

•••
•••
•••
it seem West.xyz have clean and easy portal but unfortunately, west.xyz is not accepting credit card payments.

•••
it seem West.xyz have clean and easy portal but unfortunately, west.xyz is not accepting credit card payments.
yes, only paypal is acceptable right now.

•••
anyone here tried regging domains there?
I regged couple recently and I can't figure out why its using some bogus chinese name and address and only keeping my email in the regged domains.. instead of filling in all my account info.. name etc..

or how to change it to my account info after reg done?? nice registrar with nice prices, but the interface is beyond awful, complete or user friendly... it seems the most basic things are lacking or hidden and made hard to find.

if somoene can help that'd be great.

I sent ticket, no reply in a week or so.
rep on np tried to help, but no reply either after asking how I get to the ticket answered section... apparently someone replied.. and I never got notified and can't quite find tickets section either..

thanks!

Last edited:
•••
anyone here tried regging domains there?
I regged couple recently and I can't figure out why its using some bogus chinese name and address and only keeping my email in the regged domains.. instead of filling in all my account info.. name etc..

or how to change it to my account info after reg done?? nice registrar with nice prices, but the interface is beyond awful, complete or user friendly... it seems the most basic things are lacking or hidden and made hard to find.

if somoene can help that'd be great.

I sent ticket, no reply in a week or so.
rep on np tried to help, but no reply either after asking how I get to the ticket answered section... apparently someone replied.. and I never got notified and can't quite find tickets section either..

thanks!

I received great help on this from nice member DNGEAR
so thanks to all for listening. cheers.

•••
West.xyz also thank DNGear!
And if everyone have some prompt problem, you can add our colleague's skype: west263lingli.

•••
Hi, Do you have free pushes between user accounts? (Sell a domain > "push" to the new owner >> Yes or No?)

...also (if possible) can you, please, help verify that alibabacloud domains (your competitor) does NOT have free pushes, or any at all?
Thank you

Last edited:
•••
by far the least user friendly interface I have used.. and I use like 15 registrars.

but such things could be subjective. or it could have something to do with designs more common for chinese based registrars... of which I use like 0 others besides west.xyz.

seems like ok support.. and some ngtld prices seem better than elsehwere.

cheers

•••
Freakin site keeps locking me out. They ask a security question which there's only one answer and that didn't work. So lets try the send a code by email to get logged in and no email code sent. When did this site turn to crap? I got domains to renew, might need to transfer out if I ever get logged in, geesh!!

•••
I'm trying to place an order for 3 incoming transfer IN domains on their 'western' website west.xyz. First off, it talks Mandarin to me also - such as 余额不足,需要59元

WHY is that?

2nd, it appears I have to pre-fund the account first? Then I get the following message:

Paypal requires 5% handling fee and west.xyz will convert the actual payment into RMB at the rate of 1:6.4
Please note the minimum recharge amount is $25.

Whaaaat? So, if I want to transfer 3 domains in and the total is
Total:$ 27.65

What do they expect me to do? Add extra 5% plus some money for their exchange rate even though they quoted the price to me in USD?

I don't understand this.

•••
Is Paypal the only way to pay to register domains? No credit card?

•••
Is Paypal the only way to pay to register domains? No credit card?

Paypal only in my account:
1655096343215.png

But their website also lists a bank transfer.
https://www.west.xyz/en/htmlpage/pay.asp
I think it's best to contact their support first before transferring money to them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back