NameSilo

How to forward GD domain to GD auction?

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by Ostrados, Feb 8, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Ostrados

Ostrados Entrepreneur Gold Account VIP

How to forward a domain registered at Godaddy to it's Godaddy auction listing page?
    When I tried to use DNS forwarding I got error "You can’t forward a domain to any page on godaddy.com."

I always forward any domain I have in auction to it's auction page, I only cannot do that when the domain is registered and auctioned at GD at the same time!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. creataweb

creataweb Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School Photo VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

If you have your own hosting you can forward to a custom page with a script that redirects to GD auction. Overkill, I know.

3. wormfood

wormfood ---- Gold Account VIP

or forward to some domain at another registrar you don't mind using and then forward that one?

4. Ostrados

Ostrados Entrepreneur Gold Account VIP

I found easier solution but not ideal, I used url shortener and used the short url in Godaddy forwarding.. I used bitty.com it worked but the redirection was slow so I googled "Fast url shortner" and found one called crl.li and it worked faster.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice