Dynadot

strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
have a look on google adwords
for your keywords there are 4400 global exact searches per month and 58 local (.co.uk) and the advertisers pay £3.21 every time someone clicks on their link

•••
I know about the search thing. What I meant was that how much does it cost to list .co.uk domain on there

•••
on where? domain lore? - not sure you will have to contact them

•••
Hello, I just got a reply today that one of the end user for my domain name is no longer interested after meeting with his directors.

Their reason being that another property agent has the .co.uk which they tried to buy, since they have the .net. Therefore, they are not interested.

What will you do in a situation like this? Slash the initial price in half, give them the domain FREE or hold on to the domain?

I slashed the price but they said price isnt the issue.

•••
Hello, I just got a reply today that one of the end user for my domain name is no longer interested after meeting with his directors.

Their reason being that another property agent has the .co.uk which they tried to buy, since they have the .net. Therefore, they are not interested.

What will you do in a situation like this? Slash the initial price in half, give them the domain FREE or hold on to the domain?

That does suck when that happens but since you already reduced the price I would just hold on to it and try and sell it to someone else and just move on to another domain to push.

Maybe in time they will come back.

•••
It's best to move on. If money has nothing to do with it & they simply aren't interested any longer, then that's that. Find a new buyer.

•••
There aren't anymore buyers to this domain... it is just a version of 3 existing domain on the web which my supposed end user own the .net and I own the .com

I email .net,.co.uk and .com.au but only .net initially showed interest. I dont think it is wise to sell .com to .co.uk owners because UK businesses prefer the .co.uk. that's why they want to buy the .co.uk. Imagine! Another man's source of income and a fellow realestate agent like they.

Well, I will just hold on to the domain or even extend the life span or possibly set up a site on it considering what has just happened. It is really funny that UK businesses do not know the power of owning the .com and protecting their own brand...

Last edited:
•••
It is really funny that UK businesses do not know the power of owning the .com and protecting their own brand...

when it comes to local non-US businesses (particularly EU with strong local TLDs) the power of .com is overrated

that's domainer's attitude and understanding - they keep repeating their "com is the king" mantras but end-users know better..

i'd keep the domain anyway - they may change their mind at any point tomorrow or in a year. you never know. i recently sold a name to the end-user which did not want it half a year ago.. price was not an issue

•••
when it comes to local non-US businesses (particularly EU with strong local TLDs) the power of .com is overrated

that's domainer's attitude and understanding - they keep repeating their "com is the king" mantras but end-users know better..

i'd keep the domain anyway - they may change their mind at any point tomorrow or in a year. you never know. i recently sold a name to the end-user which did not want it half a year ago.. price was not an issue

Thanks, I will keep the domain name... and add one year more to its age.

•••
If you have only sent one email to the .co.uk it might be worth a small follow up - otherwise I agree, park it and move on to another one. Renewals only come around once a year, you have time so review things again at a later date. Also I wouldn't waste time trying to develop something on the domain to prove them wrong - move on, the next sale is around the corner.

•••
Thanks, Thydon.

According to them, they want to buy the .co.uk instead and I guess it wasnt successful. The .co.uk refused to sell to .net owner.

Talking about follow up, do you think .co.uk would care much about .com? You stated it initially that UK indigenes prefer the .co.uk to .com.

Just saying but i guess the chances are really slim t sell to .co.uk owner.
How do I get the email for .co.uk apart from their website? Whois never disclose it.

•••
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief
I can not say about the regular users but one can get generic users by using social media like twitter. That means traffic converted into leads.:wave:

•••
they may prefer the .co.uk but this doesnt mean they wont want the .com so i would approach them. As well as the website look at Facebook and LinkedIn or trawl Google with any information you get.

•••
Talking about follow up, do you think .co.uk would care much about .com? You stated it initially that UK indigenes prefer the .co.uk to .com.

They would only be interested in the .com if they wanted to expand outside UK - very much like the .au, they wouldn't even take the .com for free! I am talking from experience.

•••
Hey guys. I have sent about 100 messages to end users yesterday. By now I got 3 replys asking about the price. Now is weekend. Should I wait for the next business day since some of the mails probably haven't been seen yet?

Thanks.

•••
Hey guys. I have sent about 100 messages to end users yesterday. By now I got 3 replys asking about the price. Now is weekend. Should I wait for the next business day since some of the mails probably haven't been seen yet?

Thanks.

If you received the replies today you should reply now. Because:

1) the potential buyers are working/checking their emails today
2) you need to strike whilst the iron is hot

Replies coming on Friday pm/eve. should to be dealt with on Monday afternoon.

•••
Thanks for the reply. All where received yesterday so I'll wait until Monday.

Now another question, sorry for the small offtopic:

When you register a new domain do you start aproaching end users right away or do you wait first? Because isn't it silly to try to sell a domain just a few days after you registered it? I mean, what's the end user going to think? He'll know you're a reseller who is just after the money. Isn't that what we are trying to avoid?

•••
Personally I think it's best to wait at least for a while.
If you register a new domain (at least in extensions like .com/.net/etc) it cannot be transferred to another registrar during the first 60 days.
Some buyers might want to have the domain transferred to their usual registrar, if you can only offer a push that would be perceived as an inconvenience.

During that period you can test the traffic, the domain might some backlinks here and there if it's been previously registered, or some benefits that were not obvious.
Maybe you'll get an unsolicited offer. Unlikely, but I have already sold domains shortly after winning them at auction. I sold to people who were waiting for the domain to drop in order to register them straight away. Of course, quality domains are usually caught by dropcatchers but the layman does not know the domain game.

That being said, a fresh domain registration is unlikely to sell.
Especially if it's never been registered in the past...

•••
Also bear in mind if you purchased the domain in the aftermarket the previous owners may not have realised they have lost the domain - they are always worth contacting, especially if their website is up to date.

•••
If my email hacked by the hacker what should I do then? I am already hacked . so please help .

•••
Read a short article on Frager about the domain portfolio Procto & Gamble owns (here.) Not sure what their total portfolio size is, but this list demonstrates what I've said before about looking for companies who have serious domain portfolios outside of the domaining business. Many sizable companies in virtually every niche imaginable have significant domain portfolios, and they are good targets for end user marketing.

Frank

•••
•••
Try searching domains which contain domain with other words related to your site

•••
Can anyone point me to (or copy/paste) I good sample email for contacting end users? I found one a couple of years ago but hasn't worked great so would just like to try a few different ones. Thanks!

•••
Can anyone point me to (or copy/paste) I good sample email for contacting end users? I found one a couple of years ago but hasn't worked great so would just like to try a few different ones. Thanks!

Here you have one from this thread: http://www.namepros.com/2987571-post349.html

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Now here's my question:

When selling geo domains to end-users, what extension do they like more, their country's extension or the dot com ext.? I'm thinking of UK, Canada and Australia in particular.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back