Dynadot

strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello friends, I want you to help me understand this situation.

Some weeks ago, I acquired a domain name from a drop. Before I registered the domain name, I first checked if there were any possible prospect that may be interested in the name.

Luckily, I found 4 possible prospects.

My domain name is nameproperty.com and this prospects have nameproperty.co.uk, another has nameproerty.net, another has namepropery.com.au while one has name.com.au but still in the same niche-- property.

I first sent out emails to this sets of end-user and got no response.

I believed that there should be an interested party, at least one since I have the .com. So, I tailored my email to target just the 4 main end user who has my keyword in their domain.

In this case, I resent another email with the email account given by Godaddy-- [email protected]. It was sent on last Friday. I ensured that I picked up some useful points or elements from their website such as the day their company was established and included how owning my domain name is a way to protect their brand( I learnt this method here).

By Monday this week, I got a reply from the owner of the .net but he did not reply to the email which I sent from [email protected]. Instead, he contacted through my personal email. I believe what resulted to this was due to the fact that I included a link to my whois page and in brackets, I said "for ownership verification" and also because he visited my parked page and saw my personal email displayed by Godaddy.

In the email to me, the founder and owner of the .net greeted me and he said he had been contacted by various firms to sell this same domain name to him and that it looked to him that I am the rightful owner. He then went further to ask for my asking price.

In order to keep his mind at rest, I had to state that I sent him an email via [email protected] and also gave the date it was sent plus my asking price which was stated at $1700 but also made him to understand that I am open to negotiation that will satisfy both us.

I haven't heard from them/him since that time.

What will you do in a situation like this?

Thank you for your time.

•••
give him time to reply ( how many days has it been )

so from my understanding the domain is " someones name property.com " and they own the .co.uk .net this should be a easy sell as he's emailed you... - he's interested.. so just keep it cool wait for the counter - don't be greedy take his counter...If you don't sell it to him the domain may never get a offer.

•••
give him time to reply ( how many days has it been )

so from my understanding the domain is " someones name property.com " and they own the .co.uk .net this should be a easy sell as he's emailed you... - he's interested.. so just keep it cool wait for the counter - don't be greedy take his counter...If you don't sell it to him the domain may never get a offer.

Yes exactly. It is someone's name property.com. However, I am not so sure if the same person owns the .net and .co.uk. But another person has the .com.au which serves the Australian market. I wont be greedy and that was why I also made him to understand that we can also negotiate within a range that will satisfy both of us...

Thanks for your input.

•••
I'd like some views here, please.

Is sending end-user emails in weekends useless? I have been avoiding that but it's almost half a week lost. Do you have any results doing this?

Thanks.

•••
You can use the weekends for your research, prepare everything, etc. so you are ready for monday and as soon as monday comes, you can simply shoot out the emails :)

•••
Yes, maybe to use the send later option and use a schedule. But I don't know if sending hundreds of emails in minutes is safe, is it?

•••
he said he had been contacted by various firms to sell this same domain name to him and that it looked to him that I am the rightful owner. He then went further to ask for my asking price.

my asking price which was stated at $1700

Thats the problem with these f_cking spammers who spam the entire world with the names which they don't own but found in droplists, etc.
They offer them for xx - xxx in their spam mails.

Now that you asked $1700, the potential buyer is probably shocked, because he received those spam mails telling him he can "secure" the domain for a fee much lower than your asking price.

F_ck these spammers who are ruining everything. I had a similar experience, so i am afraid the same might have happened to you. But anyway, wait few more days and if he doesn't answer or writes back that the price is astronomically high and that he received much lower offers from those other people, you can tell him that they are all scammers and just take the xx , but never deliver any domain. We need to fight back these a$$holes.

•••
Yes, maybe to use the send later option and use a schedule. But I don't know if sending hundreds of emails in minutes is safe, is it?

Anyone using RightInbox or Boomerang?

•••
Funny thing is, the domain I just sold for low x,xxx, the buyer had asked if I owned it because he had about 4 or 5 different people offering it to him.

I assume this is the reason it's harder for us to sell domains to end users now adays since most of them would just ignore and think it's a scam.

This was the first time I heard about this from an end user and I can say that I was furious.

These scumbag motherf**** are the reason that domainers are not taken seriously. I wish there was a steep penalty for idiots that try to sell domains they don't own. Imagine if you tried to sell someone's house without their permission while they're on vacation?

Thats the problem with these f_cking spammers who spam the entire world with the names which they don't own but found in droplists, etc.
They offer them for xx - xxx in their spam mails.

Now that you asked $1700, the potential buyer is probably shocked, because he received those spam mails telling him he can "secure" the domain for a fee much lower than your asking price.

F_ck these spammers who are ruining everything. I had a similar experience, so i am afraid the same might have happened to you. But anyway, wait few more days and if he doesn't answer or writes back that the price is astronomically high and that he received much lower offers from those other people, you can tell him that they are all scammers and just take the xx , but never deliver any domain. We need to fight back these a$$holes.

•••
Funny thing is, the domain I just sold for low x,xxx, the buyer had asked if I owned it because he had about 4 or 5 different people offering it to him.

I assume this is the reason it's harder for us to sell domains to end users now adays since most of them would just ignore and think it's a scam.

This was the first time I heard about this from an end user and I can say that I was furious.

These scumbag motherf**** are the reason that domainers are not taken seriously. I wish there was a steep penalty for idiots that try to sell domains they don't own. Imagine if you tried to sell someone's house without their permission while they're on vacation?

This is why it's best not to put domains in your sig: as these people see the domain's you have - and try and sell them - say they get a end-user to buy it at $2,000 they now offer you say $1k buy from you and sell to enduser making $1k profit for a domain they never owned.

One member was caught doing this here -

•••
Hmmm... interesting to know but at least, I gave him the whois link to check for the ownership verification and how come he is not responding despites stating that I am willing to negotiate.

Above all he said "it seem to me that you are the right owner(s)" and that means he is convince that I actually own the domain name. i also believe he typed www.mydomainname.com and saw the park page with my personal email address.

No matter, if he isnt interested, he should rather say "hey I am not interested"

•••
And looking at this critically, I think I made a mistake to have mentioned the domain in the previous page because the way the supposed buyer said it, it seem that the people only started it of recent and I believe it was the week I mentioned it here with space in between. I guess I will have to use PMs if I need direction next time.

Lennco, kindly remove it from your quoted message in page 104.

•••
Just put a link with the sale like my signature. Safer than the names themselves. Too bad this is happening and ruin our reputation.

•••
•••
Its not too late. Just be a little more patient.
Not everyone is online daily.

•••
I also avoid these trust issues regarding spammers by always using the e-mail of the domain I am selling (with google apps) to send messages so this way the end-user knows for sure I own the domain.

Also if anyone using a scheduled program like RightInbox or Boomerang, programs that send the emails automatically for you when you want them too. I need some feedback on that.

•••
I also avoid these trust issues regarding spammers by always using the e-mail of the domain I am selling (with google apps) to send messages so this way the end-user knows for sure I own the domain.
Good approach. All those spammers and the scum like intrust/backorderzone are tainting the domain industry as if we needed more bad rep :yell:

•••
Hmmm... interesting to know but at least, I gave him the whois link to check for the ownership verification and how come he is not responding despites stating that I am willing to negotiate.

You are overlooking one possibility; some .org or .net owners of the same name ask for a price from the .com owner of the same names in order to value their own domains and he could be one of them.

•••
You are overlooking one possibility; some .org or .net owners of the same name ask for a price from the .com owner of the same names in order to value their own domains and he could be one of them.

I dont think so. The man in question is the founder of a company that has been established since 1987 and he contacted me via my personal email which is listed on my whois page.

The letter was very formal with his name, phone number and address.

The man should be in his 50s I guess and I dont think he would have time for such a game if he isnt interested in the first place.

I will just wait and see. I have programmed my my mind to expect his reply by ending of December or mid January and that way, I wouldnt have to worry much.

Thanks...

•••
I will just wait and see. I have programmed my my mind to expect his reply by ending of December or mid January and that way, I wouldnt have to worry much.

Thanks...

Thats too long.
Not one day, but also not 3 Months!
In 2 weeks you should write him an email and ask him if he is interested, since you are considering to sell the domain to other resellers or other possible endusers if he is not interested. You can mention that you are open for a price suggestion matching his budget, if its realistic.

A little pressure (not too much) is helpful sometimes. The key is not to appear desperate (i.e. write emails daily and get on somebodys nerves) but also not letting the potential enduser think he has 10 years time to think about your offer because he is the only one who would be interested in your domain.

Good luck ;)

•••
Okay GD, I will email him may next Friday or latest Monday of the following week.

Thanks!

•••
Interesting. I own a domain that people have been emailing me about asking if I want to but it. I will just come out right and say it as I really dont see much value in the name personally. I own freemansion.com

I have received multiple emails asking if I wanted to buy it. I OWN the domain, what are they talking about, ha.

•••
Yeah, just another no good pos spammer. These people should be jailed for this nonsense.

They are giving all of us a bad rep. This is probably the reason emailing end users is not as good as it used to be.

Interesting. I own a domain that people have been emailing me about asking if I want to but it. I will just come out right and say it as I really dont see much value in the name personally. I own freemansion.com

I have received multiple emails asking if I wanted to buy it. I OWN the domain, what are they talking about, ha.

•••
I really really hope you aren't getting those mails because the name is about to expire..

•••

lmao... I couldnt help but laugh. That is really funny.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back