Domain Empire

How to find available 3 letter .com's?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Supra LTD

Account Suspended
Impact
Is there any way (any service or tool) to find available 3 letter domain names for .com?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
3 letter .coms, .nets, .org. .us, .biz, .almostanything are all registered.

•••
Is there a tool to find expiring? Or find the dates of each one expiring? I doubt they are all taken, there has to be atleast some available. You know 3 letter .com, .nets., .us, and .biz put together is like a few hundred thousand, if not million combinations...

•••
I and many others have ran the searches. they are all gone.

•••
Really? wow....I can't even find 3 letter .ws, .info, .biz or any other top godaddy TLD's!!! This is insane! lol.

I have another question, hwo do people own 2 letter doamins? When I run a 2 letter .com search on godaddy it says Invalid...yet I seen vw.com, yo.net...

•••
•••
yes they are all gone.. kaput.. no more.

1: you can buy one from someone
2: wait for one to become available.. dont forget to bring fat wallet along with you to the bidding.

•••
What about 2 letter domains? How can you register those? gives me invalid error on godaddy!

•••
cant register 2 letters or characters anymore.. it can only be renewed. If dropped.. kaput

•••
That is one of the reasons why 2 letter and character domains are so expensive.

•••
AHHHHHHHHH. Acts I'll buy your n6.net for 3 dollars.

•••
Originally posted by Supra LTD
I have another question, hwo do people own 2 letter doamins?

They have been registered for a few years. Many folks before you and I have beat us to the game.

AHHHHHHHHH. Acts I'll buy your n6.net for 3 dollars.

Multiple that times 275 and it's yours.

•••
Let's see thats 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 17. 22, no...ahhh forget it i lost count!

•••
to find all possibble 3 letter domains just solve 26 to the third power, i dont have a calulator on hand or id do it

•••
Re: How to find available 3 letter .com's?

Is there any way (any service or tool) to find available 3 letter domain names for .com?

Acts I'll buy your n6.net for 3 dollars.

Your posts above tell me that you are really new at this, Matt. We all started out that way before, of course, but you have to realize that there is a lot to learn.

Read through this forum, other popular domain sites sites dnjournal.com, etc, and maybe then you'll get a better grasp of how this domain game is played.

Without this understanding, you'll be at a severe disadvantage and will probably not make money buying and selling domains.

Best of luck!

- Apollo

•••
x all the top level tlds. so let me do this on my fingers. 26 x 26 x 26....thats 76.....errr i lost count again! help out moderators!

•••
good luck doin that in your head, is there any chance 2 letter tlds will come back?

•••
2 character.net combinations...

36 possibilities (alphabet + 10 numbers) x 36 possibilities
= 1,296 possible 2 character .nets

3 letter.com combinations...

26 x 26 x 26
= 17,576 possible 3 letter .coms

4 letter.com combinations...

26 x 26 x 26 x 26
= 456,976 possible 4 letter .coms

•••
Re: Re: How to find available 3 letter .com's?

Originally posted by armstrong
Your posts above tell me that you are really new at this, Matt. We all started out that way before, of course, but you have to realize that there is a lot to learn.

Read through this forum, other popular domain sites sites dnjournal.com, etc, and maybe then you'll get a better grasp of how this domain game is played.

Without this understanding, you'll be at a severe disadvantage and will probably not make money buying and selling domains.

Best of luck!

- Apollo

Armstrong, it was a ****ing joke....wow....

3 letters across top tlds is 123,032.

Counting com, net, org, biz, info, us.

•••
Ok. Best you say so, then, with a :p emoticon. My humor radar dries up on some days.

Take it easy.

•••
:talk: I'm calling my backup. It's time to take it 1 on 1 focker. :|

Jk lol.

•••
If you like you can reg a lot of 3 letter and number .cn names.

Bean

•••
There were 3 letter .biz drops quite regularly about a month ago. I am talking 20-25 on some days5-10 on others. There are still a few dropping everyday but good luck! I managed to nail 11 of them total which I thought was pretty good considering who I was up against. The BIG GUNS jumped in after Eloqua went out and single-handedly bought up all of the remaining 3 letter .biz & .info names.
Exerpt from http://www.DomainName Journal.com
"Heading into the last week of February 2004, there were still thousands of threes available in .info and .biz (the best combinations were gone but as long as any lingered their very availability was a stigma for the entire extension as far as many investors were concerned). Then things literally changed overnight. On Monday, Feb. 23, the last available three-letter .info domains suddenly disappeared. 48 hours later, the buyer who was responsible for closing out the .info category registered more than 4,600 domains in one day to wipe out the entire remaining stock of three-letter .biz domains. Who was that masked man?!
If you haven't read the story here is the link. It is a must read!
http://www.dnjournal.com/columns/cover030304.htm
This is Ron Jackson's site & anyone contemplating being in the domain business should visit every week. Lots of very important info there. He also has the column carried my many domain news sites giving the weekly top selling domains in all extensions!
This is where you can start to form your own opinions of what a domain is worth, in the real market place.
I know a lot of you already know of Ron but for those who don't...he should be on your weekly read! He also trades on this forum under the name of Duke.
It takes time & access to quality information to make good judgements.
I have only been at this a year & a half & have about 475 names. Not a lot compared to the real players so these are just my opinions. I am not trying to put them forth as the be all & end all.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Hope some of this helps.

Good Luck & Happy Trading.
Jim

Last edited:
•••
Great Read Jaydub, perhaps its time to go for the 4-letter combos lol.

•••
Hello All,

Since 3-Letter names are my favorites, I'd like to weigh in too. As best I remember all of the 3-letter .com names were finally taken around 1999-2000, with .net and .org following very quickly. By mid 2001 all 3-letter .com, .net and .org were registered. Further, Elequa took out the complete supply of 3-letter .info and .biz names in February of this year.

Thus the only way to get one of these 3 letter names in any extension is to either buy from the current owner of the name or try to get a rare one that drops (by snapping it, which can get pretty costly.)

To give you an idea of how these recent events have affected the 3-letter market, about 2 years ago I could buy (@ minimum wholesale price with not great letters (j, k, q, u, v, x, y, z) a:

3-letter .com for $225
3-letter .net for $45
3-letter .org for $15
3-letter .info, .biz and .us for registration fee.

Now today, To buy these same type names, the average wholesale price (for a name with generally lesser letters: j, k, q, u, v, x, y, z) for these extensions are:

.com = $800-1000
.net = $175-200
.org = $50
.info = $40
.biz = $20
.us = $10-15

What this says is that as these 3-letter names have risen in popularity and decreased in availability (all registered with no gTLD left) their values have risen significantly as compared via wholesale prices. (Note: Retail prices are not the best comparison tool, as they vary widely based on many important factors, including specific use and buyer need)

All this noted, I still continue to find the 3-letter domain name market to be one of both great strength and great return. Buy almost any 3-letter domain today at the above current wholesale prices and even 6 months from now I think you'll have a nice return. If you have them for years, even better! And remember that each time one of the 3-letter names sells to an end user (happens everyday, and elequa is a good example, as he buys and never will sell), that's one less available in the limited number total (17,576 per extension).

It's late, so I'll leave it here, but I think history will look kindly on the amazing last year and previous 4 years in the 3-letter domain market. Ya'll have a good night!

Just a couple of cents worth...

:) Andrew

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back