Tinnoro

Established Member
Impact
Hi to all

I found a domain .tv that I see a price of 1900 usd in namecheap

the domain itself does not load
I tried other websites (namesilo etc) and shows taken

namecheap gives 1900 price

how I can find the owner and negotiate it?

assuming the Whois is locked can’t find

many thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's probably a premium name. Verisign (operator of .tv TLD) has implemented premium pricing for some names but not for their renewals. So you will pay 1900 USD first year, but normal fee (around 30 USD) afterwards.

•••
Hi and many thanks

no it’s not

it’s bought by somebody

verisigin gives it as taken

only namecheap gives the price of 1900

Is there a way to search who has it to negotiate directly ?

many thanks

•••
How come Verisign? ICANN have the public records. Did you check the WHOIS record? You should do that first. It will at least give you the registrar if it is taken, and the email addresses to contact indirectly via the privacy service, assuming the registrant is using the service. Otherwise it will have the four contact email addresses, open and visible.

Find the "Administrator" email address listed in the WHOIS (it's probably the same email as the other three listed but do check, it is important). Write to that address to say you are interested in making an offer, naming the domain (they handle hundreds so you have to specify), would they please ask the registrant if it may be for sale. Tell them you are happy for the registrant to contact you directly if they so wish. According to GoDaddy they are obliged to pass such messages on (hence the torrent of scam emails we all received not too long ago).

Note the wording: "may be" for sale - in other words you implicitly understand "for the right price" to show you are serious. Do not expect a reply necessarily, but as there is no other assured way of finding the registrant it is the only real hope you have. Be patient, be persistent and be very polite. It may take a second and even a third email to convince them you are serious. Leave at least a couple of weeks between emails. If they get a follow up too soon they may simply consider you a pest and blacklist your address.

I strongly suspect Namecheap do not have the name themselves. They may be, but equally they may not be, the registrar. The price quoted is for their own agency operative to get it for you, including their commission, and it is not certain they can do it. Alternatively, viz @skshogun, it may simly be a .tv shown as available at a premium price on their system, which may need updating.

Last edited:
•••
Hello all.. after research:

the domain is .tv
Some sites have it 1900 usd, others 1800, other 1400 EUR..

I called verisigin.. they told me its premium - never registered domain - that they sell more expensive for purhase only.

The question is: which registars that provide premium .tv domains i can contact to find the better price? or what else i can do?

Hundreds of thanks!

•••
Porkbun.com is cheapest when it comes to these premiums. It should be around 1400 EUR.

Last edited:
•••
i find the same price in misterdomain something like that... but how i can go more down
I called verisign he said cannot discount, price is only what registars want to sell as overhead; and to check around. they dont discount but no idea what is the price they sell...

Last edited:
•••
Hello all.. after research:

the domain is .tv
Some sites have it 1900 usd, others 1800, other 1400 EUR..

I called verisigin.. they told me its premium - never registered domain - that they sell more expensive for purhase only.

The question is: which registars that provide premium .tv domains i can contact to find the better price? or what else i can do?

Hundreds of thanks!
Just find out different sites and its promo offers, I think at present Namecheap is the cheapest for .tv and .io and even .com, compare to other big names.
As per my exprience : Don't go for GoDaddy and Namebright.
NameBright : There is some bug issue with the site and many customers not able to login to their account. GoDaddy : Lately taking customers on ride, by duping tactics and manipulating etc. I had 2-3 bad experiences in just 2 months time and they not even refunded my money yet even after 70 days gone. And the customer care also not helpful.

•••
Just find out different sites and its promo offers, I think at present Namecheap is the cheapest for .tv and .io and even .com, compare to other big names.
As per my exprience : Don't go for GoDaddy and Namebright.
NameBright : There is some bug issue with the site and many customers not able to login to their account. GoDaddy : Lately taking customers on ride, by duping tactics and manipulating etc. I had 2-3 bad experiences in just 2 months time and they not even refunded my money yet even after 70 days gone. And the customer care also not helpful.
Read this thread for Namebright duping tactics : https://www.namepros.com/threads/at...ut-all-your-domain-at-namebright-com.1231385/

•••
many thanks; i've checked all.. last is 1400 euro.. the question is, all other 3 letter domains are 300-400 euro, thats 1400.. the guy in verisign told me its up to registar how to discount...

So if 1400 is too much, better to forget give 1400 euro for a .tv domain...

•••
•••
i didnt get you, what's this for?
thank you
i mean don't use Nambright site to register, as they are making some bad tactics. that's why sent a link to read about the problem facing by namebright customers

•••
yes i know.. and godaddy same...

question is where to go cheaper than 1400eur???

thankyou

•••
i wouldnt spend $1400 anything on a dot .TV

but that’s just me

Last edited:
•••
yes totally agree! :) let them keep it :)

•••
their platform is not designed to negotiate

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back