Dynadot

How to bulk add GoDaddy text records for ownership verification

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Did you know?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

• No

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Windoms

Top Member
Impact
I've been looking for this all over the web forever.
No ones knows.

Here's how to add text records in bulk with Godaddy.

1/ Nameservers set to default.

Then

2/ Click DNS, then DNS Templates.
Create a new template for example "sedo"
Add txt record and values, SAVE.

DNSS.PNG

Click DNS, DNS Templates, click the square next to your new template "sedo".
DNS2.PNG

Add domains

DNS3.PNG

I tried and it works.

It should be a added here
https://www.godaddy.com/help/bulk-update-domain-settings-32034
@Joe Styler
@Paul Nicks

Because people are asking all the time.
https://www.godaddy.com/Managing-Domains/Add-bulk-TXT-record-for-ownership-verification/td-p/108353

For sedo verification.
You could apparently also point nameservers to ns1 ns2 sedoparking.com
I find pointing to ns1 & ns2 sedoparking.com works pretty quickly...
or take snapshots of your domains at your registrar.
Best is to take snapshot of domains in your registrar account and send to Sedo. They'll add to your Sedo account.

Make sure you add txt records / ns1 ns2 sedoparking first, before adding domains to your account. That way verification is instant (fact, not assumption).

Attachments

• DNS.PNG
    DNS.PNG
    29.7 KB · Views: 327
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last time checked I can't add multiple txt records like we do for DND. GoDaddy support says either import zone file or go with Nameserver DNS verification. Hope it helps. Regards.

•••
Last time checked I can't add multiple txt records like we do for DND. GoDaddy support says either import zone file or go with Nameserver DNS verification. Hope it helps. Regards.
Now you can.
It was there the whole time.

•••
•••
Thank you! I will try this once the dashboard is fixed... Can’t access any dns records since it’s down once again for 24+ hrs

•••
Thank you! I will try this once the dashboard is fixed... Can’t access any dns records since it’s down once again for 24+ hrs
Have you tried logging out, and in?
Like right before trying; unlike 2 hours ago.

•••
It worked today! Happy holidays! ⚡🚀

•••
How can I confirm that a TXT template has been applied to all domains entered into the textbox?

I have many domains registered at Godaddy but pointing to Dan nameservers. I applied my Sedo template (which contains a TXT record for Sedo verification) and GoDaddy displayed the "Success! Your DNS template was applied to all selected domains" message. So far so good.

However, I could not find a way to confirm that the TXT record was actually inserted. For example, I select ed"Manage DNS" from the Domain Settings page but GD displayed the message "We can't display your DNS information because your nameservers aren't managed by us."

I tried mxtoolbox.com but found no TXT record.

Is it because I must use GD nameservers in order to apply the template successfully?

•••
I tried mxtoolbox.com but found no TXT record.

Is it because I must use GD nameservers in order to apply the template successfully?
Yes, TXT and other type of DNS records are managed via nameservers. Obviously GoDaddy settings have no effect over what happens at Dan nameservers. It would work only with their own.

•••
Thanks!
I found this thread by googling "godaddy bulk DNS update"
Finally!

•••
glad to hear you had success annoying part is adding the domains.

•••
I asked the support team, they told there is nothing you can do to perform a bulk update LoL.
They should teach them the basics domain name, and hosting management.

•••
The instructions listed here are a few years old, now with the new look at godaddy, it's a bit different. I just tried by creating a dns template for sedo, then I got to the part where you list the domain names you want it applied to.

I only put 1 to try it out, because of the scary message about replacing all non system files by this new template. lol

It said success and I looked at the dns and no new txt record was added. WTF?

•••
Update: 20 minutes later the new txt record did appear. lol

But like that scary message said, it deleted a parked A record and 2 Cname files, I have no idea if any of that is important.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back