Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Platinums

Established Member
Impact
There is no "Answer" field!
Please help!

upload_2018-1-27_15-8-4.png

why is this so complicated? other registrars make dns records easy to configure, this makes no sense and i cant figure out how to add a txt record....

i try to add txt record and keep getting this error:

Please enter at least one A/AAAA/CNAME/Forwarding record.

but i am not adding those just a txt record
dynadot.com/community/forums/f0-customer-feedback/how-to-add-txt-record-to-verify-the-ownership-6954.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I’m getting the same error right now, pretty frustrating.

•••
@Dynadot

On a side note, you can use a third party DNS service not related to the registrar, it's even recommended for redundancy and easing transfers too.

•••
C
@Dynadot

On a side note, you can use a third party DNS service not related to the registrar, it's even recommended for redundancy and easing transfers too.
Can you elaborate for a dummy like me :) Flippa has been in contact with me the whole way, very impressed with their service, however they directed me to ask Dynadot about this. My NS are directed to flippa, but you need to add a TXT record. Back on GoDaddy I was able to add a single TXT record to a domain, but on Dynadot it makes me enter the TXT record, AND either a Forward/AAAA/Cname

•••
•••
There is no "Answer" field!
Please help!

Show attachment 79096

dynadot.com/community/forums/f0-customer-feedback/how-to-add-txt-record-to-verify-the-ownership-6954.html
My fix was setting the nameservers to flippas nameservers first (ns1.flippa.com) (ns2.flippa.com)

Than add a new TXT record and add the string of digits flippa supplied for you, “The Value”, and set it in the TXT record. Then, set a Forwarding record to https://Flippa.com

Let me know if that helps :)

•••
Easy way
1.Temporary disable privacy
2. Wait for about 30 min
3. Submit/list domain name
4. Wait for about 30-60 min (max 24h e.g. for manual confirmation @ Sedo - working days)
5. Activate privacy
6. Done

•••
Easy way
1.Temporary disable privacy
2. Wait for about 30 min
3. Submit/list domain name
4. Wait for about 30-60 min (max 24h e.g. for manual confirmation @ Sedo - working days)
5. Activate privacy
6. Done
I have it off for my domains I submitted and they still wouldn’t approve. Almost like Flippa makes you use TXT record

•••
If the domain registrant and market user/registrant details do not match TXT apply

•••
When selecting the domain from manage domains there is a down arrow, hover over that and press ip lookup. Your domain obviously has to be on dynadot parked nameservers. Copy the ip address shown.

Now in the dns settings enter the TXT code to the "ip address or target host"
and below that select A record and paste that ip address you copied to the "ip address or target host" field

This is a hack to get around their stupid system they say they cant fix.

•••
When selecting the domain from manage domains there is a down arrow, hover over that and press ip lookup. Your domain obviously has to be on dynadot parked nameservers. Copy the ip address shown.

Now in the dns settings enter the TXT code to the "ip address or target host"
and below that select A record and paste that ip address you copied to the "ip address or target host" field

This is a hack to get around their stupid system they say they cant fix.

It happened when a company become bigger and bigger. No one in a big company want to take risks and fix something that are not completely broken. :xf.frown:
I am sure this kinds of problem can be fix within two or three days if you asked them back in 2008.:xf.cool:

•••
Along with Txt record, it is mandatory to add one more record like Forward, Atext etc in dynadot configuration

•••
I just went thru this nightmare as well trying to add txt records for GD listings. Only one name worked out of the batch.

•••
Here is how I did it for Bodis and Undeveloped with Sedo TXT verification. This method requires the service to provide you with the ability to use a CNAME or A record alternative.

Bodis
--------
domain: blockchain//forex(.)org

Custom DNS

Domain Record

CNAME 72699.bodis.com
TXT Sedo Verification Value

Subdomain Records

www CNAME 72699.bodis.com
* CNAME 72699.bodis.com (you don't actually need to use this though I don't think unless the domain has subdomain traffic other than www???)

Time to Live

1 hour

Undeveloped
------------------
domain: reviving(.)co(.)uk

Custom DNS

Domain Record

A 52.58.78.16
TXT Sedo Verification Value

Subdomain Records

www A 52.58.78.16

Time to Live

1 hour

The disadvantage with this is should the IP change then your domain routing will likely fail. Also, I am not at all well versed in this area so the above could be totally wrong. If someone knows the preferred method this should be done then by all means share!

Thanks.

•••
This is how I do this on Dynadot using "custom DNS" option with "Forwarding" until domain ownership gets verified. Then I switch back to Nameservers.
Works well every time.

1. Pick "Custom DNS" option for domain
2. on 1st record type select "Forward" and type in full URL for pointing domain
3. on 2nd record type select "TXT record" and type TXT verfication code from Sedo etc

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-19_17-55-30.png
    upload_2018-8-19_17-55-30.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 133
•••
This is how I do this on Dynadot using "custom DNS" option with "Forwarding" until domain ownership gets verified. Then I switch back to Nameservers.
Works well every time.

1. Pick "Custom DNS" option for domain
2. on 1st record type select "Forward" and type in full URL for pointing domain
3. on 2nd record type select "TXT record" and type TXT verfication code from Sedo etc
Apparently it became even more complicated now :facepalm: They added yet another field - redirect type.

v4oqnew.png

I chose 302, seems it worked.

•••
I chose 302, seems it worked.
Yes all good, 302 is better since it is a temporary redirect, 301 is permanent and it caches in clients browser.

•••
Now Custom DNS removed
I need to add TXT record but keep my NS i want not @Dynadot want
Hey @Dynadot you have a major tech problem

Add here FIELD where we can add a TXT record is VERY SIMPLE @Dynadot

Even after i add TXT record using Dynadot NS not show TXT record on Whois WHEN SHOULD BE SHOW
Fix the problem @Dynadot

txt1.png

Last edited:
•••
Now Custom DNS removed
I need to add TXT record but keep my NS i want not @Dynadot want
Hey @Dynadot you have a major tech problem

Add here FIELD where we can add a TXT record is VERY SIMPLE @Dynadot

Even after i add TXT record using Dynadot NS not show TXT record on Whois WHEN SHOULD BE SHOW
Fix the problem @Dynadot

You have a couple of steps to perform before you're able to modify those types of records:

dynadot01.png

dynadot02.png

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
Dynadot DNS is OK (if and when it works)... but the updates are slow. For _their_ dns servers to update in full, one should better wait a few hours at least. What does it depend on is a big question.

A workable alternative would be GoDaddy premium DNS:

https://www.godaddy.com/hosting/premium-dns

It costs $2.99/mo (should be prepaid for 1,2,etc. years; renewable). GoDaddy premium dns can be used for domains which are not with GoDaddy. Number of domains: unlimited. Bulk setup is somewhat tricky (user needs to configure DNS profile first, such as with just 1 txt record for sedo/flippa/whatever, and, on the second step, copypaste comma-separated list of domains. But it works, very fast (their servers are anycast) and stable. Confirmed this myself on a number of "production" domains... Unlike (current) Dynadot case, it is possible to set just one (TXT) record.

So, basically, a workable scenario can be:

1. purchase premium dns @ GD

2. configure one or more dns profiles - for sedo, flippa, etc., all with TXT records inside

3. prepare the list of domains (dynadot-regged in this case)

4. add these to godaddy dns service

5. on Dynadot, update dns servers to ones provided by GD (they look like pdnsNN.domaincontrol.com)

6. wait for sedo (flippa) verification to complete and update dns back to their original or desired values.

Clarification: GoDaddy premium dns service is not the same as website hosting or vps. Even though GD also provides hosting, there are mixed reviews about quality and stability of GoDaddy website and vps hosting.

Warning: GoDaddy premium dns should be avoided if one needs to use it in "secondary dns" mode (they have issues with this setup). In most cases, however, you do not need to use 2 dns providers together (godaddy and some other dns provider). And, you definitely do not need this mode for a quick sedo or flippa verification...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back